A J Barker live, coming up at 9:30 on 1500

here comes the I have spoken to other coaches. he dreams of Urbz.

Doogie and Joe Schmit are doing a great job in this interview.

Barker is not helping his case.

Go Gophers!!

Barker does not sound good at all.

Mentions again that Kill comes off as a players coach but is really a disciplinarian. No sh't. Either in one of his first press conferences or either a video the U produced, Kill flat out said: I am not here to be your best friend!

Wow it already seems like he's completely regretting the decision to post the manifesto. He managed to stumble through the question about whether or not it was a good idea and he said something along the lines of "I think I'll be able to look back at this one day and be proud."

Where did all the self righteous hubris go in less than 16 or so hours? He knows he handled it poorly, and he's coming off as a jilted kid who didn't get a scholarship in the interview. Feel bad for him ultimately though, he is going to live with a lot of regret from this.

Edit: Update, "There is definitely a chance this turns out worse than I hoped for."

Durrrrrrr, you don't think?

Wow it already seems like he's completely regretting the decision to post the manifesto. He managed to stumble through the question about whether or not it was a good idea and he said something along the lines of "I think I'll be able to look back at this one day and be proud."

Where did all the self righteous hubris go in less than 16 or so hours? He knows he handled it poorly, and he's coming off as a jilted kid who didn't get a scholarship in the interview. Feel bad for him ultimately though, he is going to live with a lot of regret from this.

Edit: Update, "There is definitely a chance this turns out worse than I hoped for."

Maybe his teammates did not line up behind him the way he thought they would?

I wonder what his blood alcohol level was when he wrote the manifesto? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I wonder what his blood alcohol level was when he wrote the manifesto? I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Was he in Minnesota when he wrote it, or was he in one of those states west of here?

"I'm not going to be naive to this, there might have been a recurring theme."

Oh man... I flat out feel terrible for Barker now. He's absolutely way over his head in this interview, completely unraveling any case for sympathy for him.

Did they touch on the alleged comments made by Reeves? I still think this is the only story in all this BS that no one seems to want to touch for some reason.

"I'm not going to be naive to this, there might have been a recurring theme."

Oh man... I flat out feel terrible for Barker now. He's absolutely way over his head in this interview, completely unraveling any case for sympathy for him.

There are two people that have come to his defense: Ge'Shun Harris and Xavier Brandon.

Perhaps he needs to contact Jew Jew Party to make it a trifecta.

Did they touch on the alleged comments made by Reeves? I still think this is the only story in all this BS that no one seems to want to touch for some reason.

If I recall correctly he didn't do much more than acknowledge it. Didn't really give a play by play of the exchange or anything.

I must have missed the alleged comments by Reeves. Can someone fill me in?

There are two people that have come to his defense: Ge'Shun Harris and Xavier Brandon.

Perhaps he needs to contact Jew Jew Party to make it a trifecta.
That's not true, a few other former players have, as well as current player Kenny Watkins.

I must have missed the alleged comments by Reeves. Can someone fill me in?

It was in the letter. Claimed Reeves called him a faggot in regards to his religious beliefs.

The rest of this is just noise, a disgruntled player lashing out at coaches. People should not be shocked to find out that D1 coaches really don't give a crap about a player unless they feel like that player can help them win ball games. It is just the nature of the way things are. Coaches at this level in general are jerks, just the way it is, clearly Barker couldn't deal with that. I am sure things are pretty rough for any player that was recruited by Brewster because they are not Kill's guys so unless they are preforming great they are going to be pushed to the back of the line behind guys he picked.

It was in the letter. Claimed Reeves called him a faggot in regards to his religious beliefs.

The rest of this is just noise, a disgruntled player lashing out at coaches. People should not be shocked to find out that D1 coaches really don't give a crap about a player unless they feel like that player can help them win ball games. It is just the nature of the way things are. Coaches at this level in general are jerks, just the way it is, clearly Barker couldn't deal with that. I am sure things are pretty rough for any player that was recruited by Brewster because they are not Kill's guys so unless they are preforming great they are going to be pushed to the back of the line behind guys he picked.

The bold part. Look at Michael Carter. Prime example of a prototypical Brewster kid. Didn't want to work or keep his head on straight, got into trouble and almost got kicked off the team. Worked his rear end off and looks like one of our best defenders under Coach Kill. AJ's logic seem flawed to me.

[/B]

The bold part. Look at Michael Carter. Prime example of a prototypical Brewster kid. Didn't want to work or keep his head on straight, got into trouble and almost got kicked off the team. Worked his rear end off and looks like one of our best defenders under Coach Kill. AJ's logic seem flawed to me.

I still think the Michael Carter turnaround has far more to do with Tyrone Carter than Jerry Kill.

Top Bottom