Michigan State
Ohio State
Wisconsin

Away (3)
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State

Last edited:

Where is the St Louis neutral game coming from?

St. Louis should be very good. They return their top 8 scorers from a team that went 23-8 last year with wins over Kansas State and @Boston College and they played Dayton very close both times as well as Auburn.

Two of their returners averaged over 15 a game and they were the only team in the country to have two guys average double doubles, both of which return. They will be very good, certainly an NCAA tourney team. Goodman has them at #41 in the country.

Marcus Fuller indicated Gophers and Saint Louis were close to finalizing a deal to play, pre-COVID. I think he mentioned it would likely be at Williams Arena, but I'm guessing now that if they play, good chance it will be at a neutral site/bubble somewhere.

If not Saint Louis, my next guess would be Kent State at Williams Arena replacing that game.

Last edited:

St. Louis should be very good. They return their top 8 scorers from a team that went 23-8 last year with wins over Kansas State and @Boston College and they played Dayton very close both times as well as Auburn.

Two of their returners averaged over 15 a game and they were the only team in the country to have two guys average double doubles, both of which return. They will be very good, certainly an NCAA tourney team. Goodman has them at #41 in the country.
Complete aside: "should" be an expansion target for Big East. STL is a great Catholic market, like Cincinnati.

Marcus Fuller indicated Gophers and Saint Louis were close to finalizing a deal to play, pre-COVID. I think he mentioned it would likely be at Williams Arena, but I'm guessing now that if they play, good chance it will be at a neutral site/bubble somewhere.

If not Saint Louis, my next guess would be Kent State at Williams Arena replacing that game.
Saw this on an SLU forum. Rothstein interviewed their coach and this was on August 10th, at least thats when it was posted.

Listen closely in the podcast after discussing that we will go away to a B10 school. Coach slips at around 12:45 — “these are all the big sounding teams, the San Diego State, the Memphis, the Minnesota, Boston College, we’ve got Siena...”

-"Scheduling is one of the most important things we do...If we just have a conference schedule, they're going to have to find another formula to figure out who are the best teams. None of us can control anything outside of the conference schedule we are given." Went on to say SLU has a good conference schedule, which he likes. They've put together an "extremely difficult" non-conference schedule. BC at home, SDSU at home, Memphis on the road, Big Ten road game (contract not signed yet but he accidentally let Minnesota slip in a follow-up sentence). Siena at home, Northern Illinois - these are good teams in their conferences that can also help boost SLU's schedule and stature.

SS, who do you think the gophers ACC opponent will be?

All I've been able to find for predictions is a reddit threat where someone has us with BC which would be underwhelming. They do have Minnestoan Stefon Mitchell though who was third in voting for ACC DPOY.

I've got the Gophers playing @ Wake Forest, with @ Notre Dame as another possibility.

Illinois @ Duke
North Carolina @ Iowa
Syracuse @ Wisconsin
Michigan State @ Florida State
Georgia Tech @ Rutgers
NC State @ Ohio State
Louisville @ Michigan
Minnesota @ Wake Forest
Indiana @ Notre Dame
Purdue @ Virginia
Maryland @ Clemson
Penn State @ Virginia Tech
Pitt @ Nebraska
Boston College @ Northwestern

Sitting: Miami

Last edited:

We're way overdo for a game with FSU in the challenge but this isn't the year to want to face them I don't think.

Saw this on an SLU forum. Rothstein interviewed their coach and this was on August 10th, at least thats when it was posted.

Listen closely in the podcast after discussing that we will go away to a B10 school. Coach slips at around 12:45 — “these are all the big sounding teams, the San Diego State, the Memphis, the Minnesota, Boston College, we’ve got Siena...”

-"Scheduling is one of the most important things we do...If we just have a conference schedule, they're going to have to find another formula to figure out who are the best teams. None of us can control anything outside of the conference schedule we are given." Went on to say SLU has a good conference schedule, which he likes. They've put together an "extremely difficult" non-conference schedule. BC at home, SDSU at home, Memphis on the road, Big Ten road game (contract not signed yet but he accidentally let Minnesota slip in a follow-up sentence). Siena at home, Northern Illinois - these are good teams in their conferences that can also help boost SLU's schedule and stature.

Minnesota-St. Louis matchup makes sense.

Remember, SLU coach Travis Ford is extremely close with the Pitinos. Ford agreed to play Gophers in that game in Sioux Falls a few years ago when he coached at Oklahoma State.

Minnesota-St. Louis matchup makes sense.

Remember, SLU coach Travis Ford is extremely close with the Pitinos. Ford agreed to play Gophers in that game in Sioux Falls a few years ago when he coached at Oklahoma State.
Breakdown
Non-Conference = 5
Non-Conference MTE = 2
Big Ten = 20

Non-Conference (5)
Green Bay (H)
Mississippi State (H)
North Dakota (H)
Saint Louis (N)
ACC Challenge (A or N)

Non-Conference MTE (2)
UCF (N)
Marquette or Rhode Island (N)

Big Ten (20)
Home & Away (14)

Illinois
Iowa
Michigan
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Rutgers

Home (3)
Michigan State
Ohio State
Wisconsin

Away (3)
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State

Cross UCF off the schedule...

Sources: UCF will not participate in the 2020 Hall of Fame Tip-Off at Mohegan Sun. Rest of field currently includes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1310591864651870209 -- @JonRothstein
via http://cbssportsapp.com
Breakdown
Non-Conference = 5
Non-Conference MTE = 2
Big Ten = 20

Non-Conference (5)
Green Bay (H)
Mississippi State (H)
North Dakota (H)
Saint Louis (N)
ACC Challenge (A or N)

Non-Conference MTE (2)
UCF (N)
Marquette or Rhode Island (N)

Big Ten (20)
Home & Away (14)

Illinois
Iowa
Michigan
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Rutgers

Home (3)
Michigan State
Ohio State
Wisconsin

Away (3)
Indiana
Maryland
Penn State

Cross UCF off the schedule...

Sources: UCF will not participate in the 2020 Hall of Fame Tip-Off at Mohegan Sun. Rest of field currently includes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1310591864651870209 -- @JonRothstein
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Top Bottom