A few hours late...but here's Royce's video

GopherLady

Reaction score
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DPnxp-5y9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7DPnxp-5y9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'm glad you all talked this up like he was doing something horrible...anything you hear from him yall assume it must be something negative...

He must have someone who likes him a lot to do this, but he's working out in a high school gym and he can bench 225 easily so he's strong...

I'm glad I had to be up this late for study for a final so I could see this greatness right away...

Huh. Well, at least he didn't do some kind of "I've been wrong & I'm misinderstood" video, but this was pretty dull. On the other hand, at least people are talking about this now, and not just about what he's done wrong.

Nothing wrong with that video. Doesn't really look like a video that could hurt the program or him like some people thought.

I personally think the events of the past day: innocent tweet (in retrospect) followed by the board lighting up like a christmas tree, Myron thinking a scoop was to be had (after reading the board no doubt) and alerting coaches, family, etc. followed by this video is AWESOME.

Good theater and Royce is not the culprit. We are.

Well played

Better than expected

I'm relieved he didn't do something stupid, can we get him in a uniform soon please? Royce is a beast and can help this team significantly. I'm hoping this negative attention he has received lately has taught him something. It's time to become a man, join your team, keep yourself out of trouble, and give back to the University that is providing you with a free education. I have a feeling he will be back in uniform for the big ten opener, or at least that is what I'm hoping for.

I'm relieved he didn't do something stupid, can we get him in a uniform soon please? Royce is a beast and can help this team significantly. I'm hoping this negative attention he has received lately has taught him something. It's time to become a man, join your team, keep yourself out of trouble, and give back to the University that is providing you with a free education. I have a feeling he will be back in uniform for the big ten opener, or at least that is what I'm hoping for.

Putting out a three minute video of various ways to dunk a basketball would be an indication that the young man hasn't learned a thing. He has no interest in "giving anything back" to the University or to anything else because it is all about him.

Putting out a three minute video of various ways to dunk a basketball would be an indication that the young man hasn't learned a thing. He has no interest in "giving anything back" to the University or to anything else because it is all about him.

Oh I'm not so sure about that. Everyone was pretty much ready to crucify this kid for what they " knew " was going to be on Youtube. I don't think it was a very mature thing to do personally but what haven't WE learned about not really knowing Royce White?

Judging from the responses and frenzy here yesterday - Probably not much either.

So he can make a clunky video, dunk, lift weights and thank goodness, tie his shoes. Big deal. A piece where he says that he regrets his actions and asks for patience and understanding while things work out would be a good start.

The question remains will he be a good teammate, student and citizen worthy of a scholarhip to be a student/athlete at the UM? Thus far, he has fallen far short.

What?? He could be out causing trouble with his friends or sitting in his dorm playing video games but instead he's dedicated to improving his game and staying in great shape. I commend Royce! I can't wait to see him in the maroon and gold.

Are you kidding? It means Gopher Lady was right, and it was blown out of proportion. It was a kid making a youtube video for his friends.

So he can make a clunky video, dunk, lift weights and thank goodness, tie his shoes. Big deal. A piece where he says that he regrets his actions and asks for patience and understanding while things work out would be a good start.

The question remains will he be a good teammate, student and citizen worthy of a scholarhip to be a student/athlete at the UM? Thus far, he has fallen far short.

Thank goodness we are not judged based solely on our first day of school. So far, this kid hasn't done anything that I didn't do at some point in my life and if not for understanding family and friends and second chances...I would not have been able to succeed and create the life that I have.

I just thank God that I didn't have to be under a media microscope while I was learning how to be a man...it would have made it much tougher.

Get this resolved and get him back with the team

This whole thing is ridiculous. Ten game suspension is long enough.

I don't think anyone would be out on a limb in saying that Royce has some things he is working on. Some of this stuff is just plain weird. The video is weird, the timing is weird, the Tweets are weird. None of it feels right; just weird behavior all around.

I actually think the video was probably quite helpful for Royce's sanity. He has been receiving negative press for the past two months, fans and media are wondering what his status with the team is and his image in the public has taken a huge hit. This looks like a project one of his friends put together (and directed and edited quite well) and it gave Royce a chance to think about something fun for a change. It's a pretty harmless video for the hype built around it, but that can be chalked up as a victory for Royce against the media that has given him some pretty good welts lately.

Isnt it true though

that he couldnt say anything? Doesnt Tubby have a rule in which he cant speak to the media? Not sure where youtube falls in all this. But I am sure his lawyer and Tubby are both saying he cant talk. An apology at some point is needed however and some kind of indication that enough is enough and he has learned his lesson.

I'm just impressed that...

...he double-knots his sneaks!
Safety first.

This kid is a first semester college freshman. We all expect and demand so much from him because we feel he can help our favorite team win basketball games. He has made mistakes and has been under tremendous scrutiny. This should be a time of learning and experimentation for him. He should be allowed to have fun and have some freedom like other kids. Maybe we should all just back off.

This kid is a first semester college freshman. We all expect and demand so much from him because we feel he can help our favorite team win basketball games. He has made mistakes and has been under tremendous scrutiny. This should be a time of learning and experimentation for him. He should be allowed to have fun and have some freedom like other kids. Maybe we should all just back off.

Is it too much to demand that a college freshman obey dorm regulations, not shoplift, not assault other people, and not embarrass the University of Minnesota? And if this isn't enough, he plays games with the media in the Twin Cities in his latest "experimentation". Royce has been and continues to be, such a distraction to the basketball team that the sooner the U cuts ties with him the better. Royce is a cancer on this team and needs to be surgically removed before he destroys the team.

I don't know. The video was better than I expected. He's still working out, he's still playing basketball, from everything I hear he's still taking classes. I hope this laptop thing gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Is it too much to demand that a college freshman obey dorm regulations, not shoplift, not assault other people, and not embarrass the University of Minnesota? And if this isn't enough, he plays games with the media in the Twin Cities in his latest "experimentation". Royce has been and continues to be, such a distraction to the basketball team that the sooner the U cuts ties with him the better. Royce is a cancer on this team and needs to be surgically removed before he destroys the team.

This is a ridiculous take on the video. Royce posted something on twitter and facebook and Myron ran with it as headline news, the rest of the TC media picked up and ran with it. While the shoplifting incident was definitely a distraction, you can't call this video anything more than a kid making a home made video.

This is a ridiculous take on the video. Royce posted something on twitter and facebook and Myron ran with it as headline news, the rest of the TC media picked up and ran with it. While the shoplifting incident was definitely a distraction, you can't call this video anything more than a kid making a home made video.

Are you telling me that the only reason Royce made this video was for a home video? Get real! What stone did you just crawl out from? Royce posted it to get back at the media for their stories. Do you think that his comments about telling his side of the story meant something about his family and not the University and the media destroying him?

I thought the video was harmless.

No problems with it at all. Hope he is reinstated by time B10 season starts.

The sooner the U cuts ties with Royce White, the sooner they get shuffled toward the rear of the Big 10, which is where they are currently headed without him. Bring him back, keep him on a short leash, and within team structure, and hope he learns and matures.

I think it is because we want to know what's going on, one way or another, and there is no real information comming out.

I too thought this was going to be him going out with a bang. I guess it's still just waiting time.

Oh well....

About the only thing I can gather from watching the video is that he's working on staying in shape during the suspension, which is obviously a good thing. Personally, I'm not expecting him to come back this year, but at least he's still working on his game and has apparently also been doing well in the classroom, both of which are positive signs.

I think its fair to say that most expect him to be a good citizen, represent the UM well and keep his nose clean. Like the vast majority of other student/athletes. If I were Royce, I would do my best to stay under the radar, work on his statement of apology and get ready to hold up his end of the scholarship he is receiving. The video does nothing more than put the spotlight on him. I think its time he thinks about doing things for others.

I like the vid actually. People probably thought he was sittin around, being lazy. I think he's trying to show he's workin hard, despite what the haters say. Notice the song choices. I'm not saying he didn't bring any of this on himself, but from his perspective, people are hatin on him, and this video was a little piece of him showing out. He's not just sittin around, he's workin hard.

Top Bottom