A Couple of Thoughts

Pewterschmidt

Reaction score
1. The Gophers beat every BT team this year with the exception of Michigan...and those games weren't even close. Kind of a weird stat given Michigan's overall record.

2. I'd much rather the Gophers end up as a 10/11/12 seed than an 8/9. The difference between the 1 seeds and the 2/3 seeds is much greater this year than past years. In fact, I'd say (all else held equal given matchups) that there will be almost no difference between the quality of a 6/7 seed and that of an 8/9 seed.

3. I'm irate that twice Kellogg and Nance said the Gopher win against OSU was without Evan Turner.

4. I think the committee has to weigh in the fact that not only did the Gophers beat Purdue, but they absolutely destroyed them.

I also heard someone say yesterday on ESPN that the Gophers win over the Badgers was without Leuer.

Gophers

Our free throw defense had become excellent!!!

"2. I'd much rather the Gophers end up as a 10/11/12 seed than an 8/9. The difference between the 1 seeds and the 2/3 seeds is much greater this year than past years. In fact, I'd say (all else held equal given matchups) that there will be almost no difference between the quality of a 6/7 seed and that of an 8/9 seed."

I definitely agree with that. i think an 11 seed would be the best case scenario. We can beat a 6 and then a 3 the way we're playing. SWEET 16 HERE WE COME!

GO GOPHERS!

I also heard someone say yesterday on ESPN that the Gophers win over the Badgers was without Leuer.

Seems like all these analysts are just fabricating reasons to justify not including us in the Big Dance. Seems like they forget that we were actually missing a frontline started through all this.

There shouldn't even be a discussion at this point- we should be in. If the tournament officials have any interest in putting the best teams in the field- we are one of them. This is a dangerous team right now. If they are going lower in seeding with a team like Purdue -because of what they are now- they have to be looking at what we have become with the development of Joseph, Sampson and Iverson.

Oh well, I think we are going to beat OSU tomorrow anyway.

With a win tomorrow I can see us as a 9 playing louisville as an 8 with kentucky as the 1 seed

Jeebus. I'm just waiting for one of those bozos to say that we beat Michigan State and Purdue by playing 5-on-3. Has just about as much accuracy as some of the other crap they've been spewing.

Top Bottom