A bit of news

Rog

Reaction score
Just received a call from my son-in-law in Florida who is a big Florida State fan.

As you probably know Tim Brewster is on the FSU staff. Well anyway Brewster is rumored to be on
Miami's list.

Oh dear God, Miami. What could you possibly be thinking?

It would be a big surprise to see Brewster get the Miami job.

Stop it! Just stop it!

A rumor started by Brewster himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully for Miami it's not their short list.

Awesome. Just pissed myself. Either the OP has a great sense of humor, is an idiot or the world is ending.

Their AD is a Coon Rapids native. Did he not pay any attention?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome...I have ****ing hated Miami since they started calling themselves The U.

For all we know Miami's list has 30+ coaches on it.

He's on "Uncle Luke's" list, their was an article on CBS sports site recently. I am still amazed at how much crap Brewster takes given the circumstances he took over and his traditional meaningless Gopher bowl games in years 2 and 3. If the Gophers can get one more win, they'll match the B1G win total from the year Brewster was fired.

He's on "Uncle Luke's" list, their was an article on CBS sports site recently. I am still amazed at how much crap Brewster takes given the circumstances he took over and his traditional meaningless Gopher bowl games in years 2 and 3. If the Gophers can get one more win, they'll match the B1G win total from the year Brewster was fired.
Are you saying Brewster is underrated and we're no better than when he was here

Are you saying Brewster is underrated and we're no better than when he was here

I am saying that it's amazing to the appoint of amusement to me how Brewster is mocked or vilified by various posters. I remember Wacker (definitively worse), Mason (slightly better but a decade of basically 3-5 conference football), Brewster (1 rebuild year, 2 classic Mason years, and then fired in year 4), and Kill ( 1 rebuild year, a couple classic Mason years, 1 year at 5-3 in conference, and then this one). The way Brewster is talked about by certain fans, you'd think he took over for Alvarez at Wisconsin and proceeded to lose to Florida Atlantic and then rebound to go to toilet bowls instead of Rose Bowls, and that he then lit the place on fire on his way out leaving us with scholarships limitations and post season bans. The bar for Brewster seems like it was raised much higher than it was for any other coach (which is a GOOD thing), but it seems like it was raised because of personality and not a genuine decision to stop accepting losing conference seasons.

I am saying that it's amazing to the appoint of amusement to me how Brewster is mocked or vilified by various posters. I remember Wacker (definitively worse), Mason (slightly better but a decade of basically 3-5 conference football), Brewster (1 rebuild year, 2 classic Mason years, and then fired in year 4), and Kill ( 1 rebuild year, a couple classic Mason years, 1 year at 5-3 in conference, and then this one). The way Brewster is talked about by certain fans, you'd think he took over for Alvarez at Wisconsin and proceeded to lose to Florida Atlantic and then rebound to go to toilet bowls instead of Rose Bowls, and that he then lit the place on fire on his way out leaving us with scholarships limitations and post season bans. The bar for Brewster seems like it was raised much higher than it was for any other coach (which is a GOOD thing), but it seems like it was raised because of personality and not a genuine decision to stop accepting losing conference seasons.

You really didnt watch football when brewster was coach did you?

Yup. Well said.

While I'm not sure Brewster is the right coach for Miami or if he will succeed, personality wise he fits Miami far more than here. Brewster was hated here, as you said, in large part for that. Miami fans would love Brewster's personality and attitude.

Brewster could get the players at Miami. If he can spend money on good assistants, empower them, and keep a consistent offensive and defensive philosophy he could be successful there. Maybe not ideal to have a HC that needs that much help, but there are circumstances where he could be successful there.

Are they hungry, or are they starving?

Just received a call from my son-in-law in Florida who is a big Florida State fan.

As you probably know Tim Brewster is on the FSU staff. Well anyway Brewster is rumored to be on
Miami's list.

List for what?

It wasn't all about the wins and losses. He was inept and had an inept staff. His players had major academic issues, etc. And it got worse as time went on, not better.

Brews players didn't go to class! It was a mess. I hope he gets the Miami job, would love to see them slip back into nothingness. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miami's list.

Your daughter married Tim Brewster??

Must be cool to have a football coach in the family. Is the chili always hot at family functions?

PS: I think Brewster would be a terrible fit at Miami... How is supposed to lay on the ground without staining his khakis in the dirt??

He should only be considered for coaching jobs of teams with turf fields: Syracuse, NDSU, Edina High School, Minnetonka Middle School, etc.

What ever happened to Brew's piece of Rose Bowl turf that was growing in the locker room?

At least Miami fans can't say he has no head coaching experience.

Brewster couldn't keep a staff together, he overpromised and underdelivered, and he left a huge mess behind. I'll never forget the queasy feeling I got when he was a rookie coach having his first fall practice camp. It was reported and he admitted he was wandering around aimlessly, not knowing what a head coach does during camp.

Top Bottom