8 for 20?

tjgesquire

Team Ginger
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the spring game, but by most account Adam Weber confirmed his status as our starting qb. My question is to those who watched the game, is that 8 for 20 passing day due to a lot of wr drops or incorrect routes/miscomunications? Or was it the same old bouncing the 5 yard out at the guys' feet? Can someone please clarify for me since an 8 for 20 day passing day seems rather poor for a scrimmage.

He suffered from a number of drops. I didn't see the god-awful throws we saw last year. The WRs overall were very disappointing, in my opinion. I didn't notice whether all the drops occured when Weber was playing QB, but I was very surprised to learn afterward that he was 8-20. He wasn't great, but he was better than last year. He was by far the best QB on Saturday. Alipate was next, IMO.

Some of the drops were caused by good stripping and hitting by the secondary. On a few of the strips, it was because Weber was eyeballing the receiver so bad that the DB was able to get there as soon as the ball was. Weber was still throwing late and not on time. I hate to say it, but he was better than the other 2, but still not much better, if any than last yr. Moses isn't ready, but in another yr. he looks like he might be the pocket pro style we need. He has a rocket for an arm. Gray looked like he was thinking too much and went to Webers school of eyeballing the rec. then throwing late or in a crowd. Most of the rest of the team looked improved, but QB will be a prob.

there were some drops, but he didn't put the ball in places to make things easier for the receivers either. 8-20 is about how well he played.

That being said, Gray didn't do much either, but he only had seven attempts.

As I said in another thread, I think QB play and run blocking are my two biggest concerns for next year (no different than last year), but the QB play would take some pressure off the line as well.

I don't know - Weber looked to be the same QB as he was last year. Again, I'm hoping he (and everyone else) has a productive summer and gets better.

I thought Adam looked pretty sharp all things considered. The receivers just dropped the ball, literally. One guy had the ball in his hands, but as he turned, the ball popped straight up in the air and what would have been a big gain was almost a turnover. Or at least from my vantage point (I was sitting in the end zone behind the band at that time). The safeties were just drilling guys. Granted, Adam made mistakes, but he didn't look totally confused or panicky. I don't think he'll become Joe Montana all of a sudden, but after watching Saturday and the scrimmage two weeks ago, I don't think our problem will be Adam.

Weber was not good. I would have liked to have seen Gray and/or Alipate get similar numbers of reps so you could do a fair comparison. But Weber was not good. It is going to be a long season.

Weber was the cause of the drops due to setting up WR's to get killed, as usual for him.

Top Bottom