76 Classic: Minnesota vs Texas A&M Game thread

What is our offensive identity? All i see is one guy dribbling until the shot clock gets to 10 and then chucks it up

I believe that with the Big Ben be vastly improved the NIT is precisley where we are going. We are the same team as last year and our two recruits that we added (I am not counting Mbawe or White) have both been virtually invisible in this tournament. We simply do not have the offense or rebounding to compete in the improved Big Ten this year. We have been dominated on the boards by two undersized teams. Watching the game today you saw Bryan Davis for A&M dominate the glass and come up with every big rebound and be a low post force that wins the game for them. It is early yet but we know these players and there limitations. Having Hoffbarber out there for 20 minutes in the first half you saw exactly why he is a tenth man or at best a ninth man on a good team. He simply lacks the foot speed to play with tournament teams guards. He has a high basketball IQ but his athleticism is what limits him. We were a team that struggled offensively last year and our two recruits have not looked like they are ready to make a big difference.

Bottom line is that our team didn't really want these two games a whole lot. Texas A&M did absolutely everything they could to lose this game and we STILL couldn't get up the gumption or performance to take it. We should have lost by about 10 and would have had the Aggies hit a free throw or three. Instead, with two separate chances to either tie or win, we effective peed down our leg. Time for some soul searching boys because right now, this isn't a very good team. Will they get better? I sure hope so, but right now, they're absolutely painful to watch.

Distractions

I know that he is a legend as a coach and i couldn't be happier that we have him, but ultimately he is responsible for having 5 players have infractions and having to miss playing time. The team in the first half simply was overmatched in the backcourt and it cost us 9 points by having our junior and senior in the back court have to miss time. Like i stated earlier if we lose to Miami Wensday night and have to go hat in hand on selction sunday with no non confrenced wins against BCS schools we have better have at least 10 wins in the Big Ten and this team right now is not capable of that. There is room for impovement but these last two losses are not good.

Top Bottom