76 Classic: Minnesota vs Portland Game thread

why are we dribbling down and chucking up ill advised 3's??????????????

We are being outplayed, outhustled, outshot. Kinda pathetic.

shooting only 29 per cent so far........I tell you one thing
Dirty Harry shoots a lot better than that!

Bad day for the Big Ten -- Michigan and Michigan St. both knocked off
We have to pick it up or we will be right there with them...

well that certainly helps -- we arent out of this yet

The guys are definitely getting outhustled, especially on the boards. Offense has obviously struggled, but I'm more concerned about the fact that we've been really undisciplined defensively. Everybody is overplaying, not sliding their feet, letting their man go around them or get open.

An all around poor effort so far.

This has been our worst half of basketball of the year.....by far.

Why does the announcer keep calling Nolen one of the best defenders in the nation. He is hideous.

Talk about a pathetic effort from the Gophers so far...very disappointed with the team.

For the most part, I would categorize that half as poor in every single facet. Offensively, Nolen's trying to go one-on-one against every guy on their team. Why is he doing that? I haven't the faintest idea. Westbrook is in such a rush to get a shot off that he's out of control. Free throw shooting was awful.

Defensively, guys were completely out of position several times and the rebounding effort for the most part was poor. Hope Tubby has a few choice words for the guys at the break.

Nolen getting burned on defense and God knows why he ever shoots a jump shot. A lot of missed opportunities and foolish basketball. Carter gets a board and the putback then immediately sends their best FT shooter to the line, reaching in for a steal.

Needless to say, we need to come out with some fire in the second half. There was almost none from the guys on either end of the floor in the first half.

Where are the offensive boards? We are getting schooled on the offensive end. Poor play. Defensively we look great though, it's a shame we can't score or we'd be killing this team. We're making them look better than they are because we are playing poor offensive basketball. Yikes. I think though we're slowly winning the coaching chess match, I only hope we don't run out of time before we gain the advantage.

It's this simple. They can shoot and so far we can't. A team has to build around shooters We're getting free throws. We're getting good looks. We're forcing turnovers. We just can't shoot.

Top Bottom