#7 Gophers vs. #2 Boston University - NCAA Regional Final

bonin21

Reaction score
Saturday, March 30 at 5:30PM
ESPNU (but you should just go to the game)
Denny Sanford Center, Sioux Falls, SD

No excuse for not making this trip if you're a fan. Just. do. it.

The Gophers take on the best 17 year old college hockey player of the 21st century and the #1 overall draft pick in June, Macklin Celebrini. Oh, and they have Lane Hutson, too. A rematch of last year's national semifinal, but the script is flipped on who is favored in the game.

Cal Thomas will need to have the best game of his career as the best shutdown D-man the Gophers currently have. And Justen Close will need to be stellar, as he has been lately.

Snuggerud/Moore/Pitlick - We're gonna need something from you three...

BU is one of very few historical opponents the Gophers are close to .500 or worse against. After the win last year and the one in 2012, the Gophers flipped it to 13-12-2.

Last edited:

I think the Gophers lose this one.

If they win, the season is a success.

I am super confident that we can beat Cornell or Denver in St. Paul

If we can just pull this one out….

A lot at stake here - a third straight FF trip, this time in our backyard. A game against a fellow blueblood, a chance to get one step closer to the title. But arguably the biggest thing at stake is that bonin promised back in September to stop posting here if we make it to St. Paul. Come on gophers make it happen!

Would be a monster win.

BU has sensation Macklin Celebrini, the #1 NHL prospect and Hobey Baker finalist.

Their goaltender Mathieu Caron has been playing great.

This is a tough game.

A lot at stake here - a third straight FF trip, this time in our backyard. A game against a fellow blueblood, a chance to get one step closer to the title. But arguably the biggest thing at stake is that bonin promised back in September to stop posting here if we make it to St. Paul. Come on gophers make it happen!
Good memory, I had forgotten. I'll keep a promise.

Gophers putting a lot of pucks on the net early. A line change almost cost them a goal if not for a great save by Close.

And just like that.....goal Gophers!

Hockey, basketball, and baseball all on at once. Sports overload. Loving it.

Oh and the Badgers lost in OT yesterday? All good stuff.

Hockey, basketball, and baseball all on at once. Sports overload. Loving it.

Oh and the Badgers lost in OT yesterday? All good stuff.
I was hoping for the gophers, badgers and the Sioux all in St Paul again. Like and old final 5 weekend. Wouldn’t even matter who the 4th was. Not meant to be, go gophs

Giving one up sucks, but love the press. Put them on their heels and we can score on BU

Top Bottom