5 Years. Please Be Patient

Ricky Rowe Zay

Reaction score
I had to register to defend Coach Brewster.

The best way to determine how good a coach is, is by waiting 5 years. Let Brewster graduate his first recruiting class before you take him to the guillotine.

Please be patient everyone. Hopefully this is the loss that lights a fire under these guys and pushes them to another good season.

Are we getting punk'd?

Is that you kuutch?

Hahahaha. You poor, poor deluded fool. 5 years is not a magic number. Open your eyes and see what's happening in front of you. Team not prepared and regressing like their is no tomorrow. Brewster is a joke and I am done with him.

Need to wait until mid-season...

....at least.

This year has suddenly become stress free for me. Any win is a surprise...and he will be gone unless he can dump Wisconsin and maybe a few others.

I too said wait for 5th year...but not any more.

GM

No. we need to cut bait now. How can our coaches be so bad, how is it even possible?

we can't keep saying just another year, just another year, it's time to win now.

Give me a break. Whatever his recruiting skills, the man can't coach. Period. He just lost to a team with vastly inferior talent. It's over. It's just a question of how long our dithering A/D will leave him hanging.

No. we need to cut bait now. How can our coaches be so bad, how is it even possible?

How does that look to the rest of the country? Firing the Head Coach after 2 games. How does that look to potential canidates? At least give him some time(4 games at least), if there isn't any improvement. Cut our losses and finish with an IC.

we can't keep saying just another year, just another year, it's time to win now.

We can win now. The season isn't over.

The best way to determine how good a coach is, is by waiting 5 years. Let Brewster graduate his first recruiting class before you take him to the guillotine.

Please be patient everyone. Hopefully this is the loss that lights a fire under these guys and pushes them to another good season.

When was the first good season? The Gophers haven't had a good season since before I was born. A few above average seasons, but nothing that could be defined as "good".

When was the first good season? The Gophers haven't had a good season since before I was born. A few above average seasons, but nothing that could be defined as "good".
So I'm guessing you were born in 2004?:D

The past 2 seasons have been "good" compared to what we witnessed in 2007.

No, the season is in fact over. First time I am truly ashamed of my Gophers.

How does that look to the rest of the country? Firing the Head Coach after 2 games. How does that look to potential canidates? At least give him some time(4 games at least), if there isn't any improvement. Cut our losses and finish with an IC.

We can win now. The season isn't over.

What? I am sure it cannot look worse than losing to South Dakota.

The guy took a bowl team and made them so bad they lost to an FBS team the following year, and again in the 4th year with his own recruits as upper-classmen. There's no need for a 5th year. The writing is in giant neon letters on the wall.

So I'm guessing you were born in 2004?:D

The past 2 seasons have been "good" compared to what we witnessed in 2007.

2003, a 4th place finish in our own conference is "good"? Sorry, that doesn't meet my definition of good, but "above average". The last two season have been the "Mason average" of 3-5 in the conference otherwise known as below average.

What? I am sure it cannot look worse than losing to South Dakota.

They played a great game today. I doubt anybody expected it to happen. The guys out there just didn't play with enough heart.

The guy took a bowl team and made them so bad they lost to an FBS team the following year, and again in the 4th year with his own recruits as upper-classmen. There's no need for a 5th year. The writing is in giant neon letters on the wall.

I never said there is a need for a 5th year. If the team regresses, obviously he should go.

The team IS regressing. Don't give me that BS that a USC win could do anything. IT WON'T HAPPEN. I'll bet my house on it.

Theres not recruiting well and theres being a poor coach. brewster is doing both, so i fail to see how 5 years will do anything but set us back further

In year three we were told to wait for things to materialize in year four. Now when things appear to be in shambles in year four, we are told to wait until year five to evaluate the program.

Despite my firm belief that the new alias that started this thread is simply on a great fishing trip, I'm going to respond to this nonsense anyway. All you need to do is look to Nebraska a few years ago to see a major program in huge trouble. I recall thinking that if the Gophers/Huskers had been matched up in a bowl game in 2008 (which I recall at the time being possible) I'm not sure which team I'd have picked to win. My how things change in just two seasons.

It's year three of Bo Pelini's tenure at Nebraska. Here is a headline from the Omaha newspaper this fall:

"Pelini says year three is key in Husker evolution"

LINCOLN — Bo Pelini has seen firsthand what can happen in the third year under a football coaching staff if it gets the right things done in the first two.

Pelini was defensive coordinator for Les Miles from the start at Louisiana State, where the Tigers set the table in 2005 and '06 before winning the national championship in 2007.

Pelini has voluntarily mentioned “year three” at different times in the past six weeks — starting with Big 12 media days in Dallas — and it's obvious that he believes some kind of magic can go with it.

Year three, he has said, is when you “have a chance to make a big jump.

And more examples of other successes from the article:

Bob Stoops won a national championship in his second season at Oklahoma, as did Jim Tressel at Ohio State and Urban Meyer at Florida. Nick Saban was in his third season when Alabama broke through last year.

Although Stoops said part of his project included convincing players they could win, he phrased the mission similar to how Pelini described it.

“For us, it was all about teaching them how to work,” Stoops said. “It's just your culture — how do we approach the day, how do we approach practice, what's the work ethic through the week that gives us an opportunity to win on Saturday. And usually by year three it's pretty well established, or it is more than it was in years one and two.”

Not year five, or even year four. Year three. Now I'm certainly not trying to compare the two programs but the reality is Pelini took over a program at Nebraska that was in big trouble thanks to Bill Callahan. In year three with the new coaching staff they are back in the top ten in the country.

Like many I was sincerely hoping that the 2010 squad would turn the corner and that Brewster's recruits would truly have an impact. Instead the Gophers appear to have hit rock bottom (this loss is considerably worse than the NDSU loss IMO). We're now in year four of the Brewster regime and some are still talking about how we need to continue to be patient. Good luck with that.

I've always been all for the 5yr. plan, the problem is you have got to show that your heading in the right direction. After today I am convinced they are not!!

Top Bottom