5 Gopher Opponents Made Sweet 16 Round

Reaction score
Gophers beat 4 of them - all but XU.

Other opponents (Wisky, Texas A&M) didn't make it.

Big 10 had 3 make it - perhaps the best conference after all.

Reusse and Souhan

our local so-called experts, both said the Gophers play in a very mediocre Big 10 Conference...ha, now we have 3 teams in the sweet 16. I'm sure they'll write about how wrong they were eh.

It all comes down to matchups ... what if Ohio State had to play Okla. State instead of Georgia Tech? What if Mich. State had to open up against Cornell instead of New Mex St.? I think any which way you break it down over the course of the whole season, the Big Ten was probably the 4th-best conference.

Vintage Doogie.

And if the Big 10 had completely bombed in the first couple rounds, you would have been the first one on here talking about how much the Big 10 sucked.

It all comes down to matchups ... what if Ohio State had to play Okla. State instead of Georgia Tech? What if Mich. State had to open up against Cornell instead of New Mex St.? I think any which way you break it down over the course of the whole season, the Big Ten was probably the 4th-best conference.

Big 10 is the best right now. Do the math.

Once again, who effing cares.....

Why don't you point all of the team the Gophs played that didn't make the Sweet 16, the NCAA Tournament, or even the NIT?

P.S. this post was for you Hodger :)

You guys actually get offended or care what Doogie says anymore?

I was a greater basketball mind when I was 2... I actually played the sport and am a mildly athletic, or athletic looking person

I love to play the "what if" game, too! What if Robbie Hummel hadn't torn an ACL? Then we could easily see two Big 10 teams in the Final Four. What if Mbakwe, White and Nolen hadn't had off-court issues that kept them from playing? What if Coble hadn't been injured? What if Greg Oden and Mike Conley stayed all four years and were playing their senior seasons? :)

Your post is about what if and FOT is posting about what is.

Why do you get so defensive about everything. Is it that hard for you to admit that just maybe you were wrong?

Once again, who effing cares.....

Why don't you point all of the team the Gophs played that didn't make the Sweet 16, the NCAA Tournament, or even the NIT?

P.S. this post was for you Hodger :)

Not Wisky. They lost by 18 to a glassware company.

Yes. Doogie speaks with authority. Lol.

Psssst .. I think you lost your credibility. :pig:

This would be just like saying that the Big 10 is inferior to the ACC, even though they finally won the "shoot-out" last year, because the match-ups favored the Big 10. *duh*

Yes. Doogie speaks with authority. Lol.

Psssst .. I think you lost your credibility. :pig:

Reserve: It's called an opinion ... agree or disagree as you wish ... By the way, too afraid to post with your actual name? Typical.

Sorry Doogie, but that is rather weak. It might be a valid point if someone were praising the WCC and thier two teams. But the Big 10 got 5 teams in. Sure, maybe MSU got a lucky draw. Maybe the Gophers got a sucky one. In the end it probably washes out. The Big 10 has 3 of the top 16 teams in the country and they did for most of the season. Unlike the other conferences (Big East) they didn't choke at crunch time.

Reserve: It's called an opinion ... agree or disagree as you wish ... By the way, too afraid to post with your actual name? Typical.

Lol and I thought you said you were done with me.

You're just :cry::cry::cry: because you've gotten your ass kicked whenever you post.

I think any which way you break it down over the course of the whole season, the Big Ten was probably the 4th-best conference.

Just in case you were wondering, this is where you lost all of your credibility. Any which way? Really? I can accept that it is your opinion that that the BT was the fourth best conference, but please acknowledge that there is a case to be made for the BT to be ranked much higher. When posting here I think you need to remind yourself that your audience is much more knowledgeable about college basketball than your KSTP or STrib audiences. We will see right through statements full of over the top hyperbole.

Maybe it is just me, but if Georgia Tech beat Oklahoma State, they were the better team. Therefore Ohio State defeated the better team. Because Okie St. was ranked 7 to Tech's 10 does not necessarily make them a better team.

One could also make the argument Michigan St would present more problems for Cornell than either Wisky or Temple. I tend to think Michigan's State has better athletes than either Wisky or Temple. But that is also pure speculation, the fact of the matter is the Big 10, despite having some of their best athletes out injured managed to get 3 teams to the Final 16.

Doog

As you know, in the tourney you can only play the opponent facing you on the court. I don't care what seed number who is when. You beat the team you are playing and move on. When you succeed, you get the glory.

Period.

IMHO.

Just in case you were wondering, this is where you lost all of your credibility. Any which way? Really? I can accept that it is your opinion that that the BT was the fourth best conference, but please acknowledge that there is a case to be made for the BT to be ranked much higher. When posting here I think you need to remind yourself that your audience is much more knowledgeable about college basketball than your KSTP or STrib audiences. We will see right through statements full of over the top hyperbole.

He does this ALL the time; over-the-top statements with NOTHING to back them up. He is very good at it, and come to think of it, I think any which way you break it down over the course of the whole season, Doogie is probably the best on the bb in this regard.:rolleyes:

Lastly, if hiding behind a moniker bothers you so much Doogie, why don't you just change your moniker, that way your comments/opinions can be like everyone elses. However, I would suspect you would be taken for a troll.:eek:

It stands to reason that Doogie will eventually offer up something insightful about Gopher basketball, for the same reason that a monkey chained to a typewriter for a million years will eventually type out the full text of "Hamlet."

Of course if every blog entry just recycles the content of the last one, the monkey actually has a better chance of delivering something useful.

Top Bottom