5* Dylan Raiola commits to Nebraska: No. 1 QB in 2024 flips from Georgia, becomes program's highest-rated recruit

Raiola moved to state powerhouse Buford High School in Georgia for his senior season in an effort to be closer to the Bulldogs program. He threw for 2,819 yards, 34 touchdowns and just one interception as a senior during an 11-2 campaign that ended in the state quarterfinals. He previously enrolled at high schools in Arizona and Texas. He played for former NFL quarterback Jon Kitna at Burleson (Texas) as a sophomore."

Meh, guess Raiola had to land somewhere, so why not Nebby. Drake Lindsey blew Raiola off the field with his stats. Drake threw for 3,916 yards (that's over 2 miles folks), 52 touchdowns and just four intercepts. Lindsey wins the stats trophy, Raiola gets a participation pin and is forced to wear red.

Forget NIL, this kid needs an ego check and PR person.

This is what happens when you use Chat GPT to write your posts. So, along those lines, I asked Chat what it's really like to be a QB at Nebby. Here's the result...

In Nebraska's vast expanse, where hopes are sown, A quarterback's despair, a tale all his own. Amidst the prairie winds that howl and moan, Lies the misery of defeat, a heart turned to stone.

Oh, hapless quarterback, in scarlet and cream, A nightmare unfolds, a recurring dream. Through the sea of red, a sinking ship, Navigating disaster, with each fumbled grip.

In Memorial Stadium, where legends are made, A quarterback's nightmare, a relentless parade. The cheers turn to jeers, as passes miss, In Nebraska's agony, a venomous hiss.

Defensive hordes, like vultures descend, On dreams that shatter, on hopes that bend. Through the frozen tundra, where victories freeze, A quarterback's anguish, a bitter tease.

In the heartland's clasp, dreams wither and die, As interceptions soar, like a vengeful sky. The Cornhusker faithful, with heads hung low, In the quarterback's sorrow, a relentless woe.

Oh, Nebraska's quarterback, a tragic soul, In the land of Huskers, where failures take toll. Each misstep, a dagger in the pride, In the echoes of defeat, a soul does hide.

Through the gridiron battlefield, strewn with despair, A quarterback's torment, an endless affair. In the annals of defeat, his story etched, In Nebraska's agony, hopes are wretched.

So, in the heartland's abyss, the quarterback roams, A scapegoat for woes, a prisoner in domes. For in Nebraska's embrace, where anguish thrives, A quarterback, in crimson, never survives.

This is what happens when you use Chat GPT to write your posts. So, along those lines, I asked Chat what it's really like to be a QB at Nebby. Here's the result...

In Nebraska's vast expanse, where hopes are sown, A quarterback's despair, a tale all his own. Amidst the prairie winds that howl and moan, Lies the misery of defeat, a heart turned to stone.

Oh, hapless quarterback, in scarlet and cream, A nightmare unfolds, a recurring dream. Through the sea of red, a sinking ship, Navigating disaster, with each fumbled grip.

In Memorial Stadium, where legends are made, A quarterback's nightmare, a relentless parade. The cheers turn to jeers, as passes miss, In Nebraska's agony, a venomous hiss.

Defensive hordes, like vultures descend, On dreams that shatter, on hopes that bend. Through the frozen tundra, where victories freeze, A quarterback's anguish, a bitter tease.

In the heartland's clasp, dreams wither and die, As interceptions soar, like a vengeful sky. The Cornhusker faithful, with heads hung low, In the quarterback's sorrow, a relentless woe.

Oh, Nebraska's quarterback, a tragic soul, In the land of Huskers, where failures take toll. Each misstep, a dagger in the pride, In the echoes of defeat, a soul does hide.

Through the gridiron battlefield, strewn with despair, A quarterback's torment, an endless affair. In the annals of defeat, his story etched, In Nebraska's agony, hopes are wretched.

So, in the heartland's abyss, the quarterback roams, A scapegoat for woes, a prisoner in domes. For in Nebraska's embrace, where anguish thrives, A quarterback, in crimson, never survives.
And I asked Chat what it's like to be a Gopher QB. Chat is wise...

Beneath the northern skies, where dreams take flight, A Gopher quarterback dances in golden light. In the heart of Minnesota, where spirits soar, A tale of triumph, forever to adore.

Oh, Gopher quarterback, in maroon so bright, Guiding the team with sheer delight. Through autumn's tapestry of red and gold, A symphony of victory, a tale to be told.

In TCF Bank Stadium, where cheers abound, A Gopher's spirit, in joy is found. Fans united in a sea of pride, With every pass, a jubilant ride.

Through the crisp air, where dreams align, A quarterback's journey, a treasure to shine. In the Land of 10,000 Lakes, a sacred ground, A Gopher's promise, a victory sound.

With each touchdown, a celebration grows, In Minnesota's heart, where excitement flows. The faithful fans, in maroon array, Cheering louder, with each passing day.

So, in Minnesota's pride, the Gopher stands tall, A quarterback's triumph, a testament to all. In the land of 10,000 lakes, where dreams unfurl, Being a Gopher quarterback, a cherished swirl.

Forget NIL, this kid needs an ego check and PR person.

Wow. Every Big Ten team who needs to recruit defensive linemen (that's all of them) should just show every recruit this tweet. I will enjoy seeing this kid get slammed to the turf on a regular basis. Also, what does he think the reception in the Nebby locker room will be like? I promise you... it's not going to be "welcome, savior." He will be the most hated player on his own team, starting day 1.

Wherever it is, you better respect his decision.
LOL. I very rarely tweet. None for over a year. But when I saw Howland demanding respect...I replied:

"Maybe I respect it. Maybe I don't. Or maybe I don't care."

Glad he's making himself, and the Huskers, easy to dislike. Things like the Bits of Chair are what we have to play for now.
Personally, I like to reserve obsequious triumphalism as a post-script, after the war has been handily won. It is tempting fate a bit for Riaola to place himself in the pantheon of those Huskers who have fought the fight and have completed great careers, before he has even have played a single snap of college-level football. There's this deal called hubris ...

Instant classic.

What I want to know is where is Nebby going to find a helmet to fit this kid's over-inflated head?

Meh, guess Raiola had to land somewhere, so why not Nebby. Drake Lindsey blew Raiola off the field with his stats. Drake threw for 3,916 yards (that's over 2 miles folks),
Does that mean he can throw it 40 yards then?
52 touchdowns and just four intercepts. Lindsey wins the stats trophy, Raiola gets a participation pin and is forced to wear red.

Beneath the northern skies, where dreams take flight, A Gopher quarterback dances in golden light. In the heart of Minnesota, where spirits soar, A tale of triumph, forever to adore.

Oh, Gopher quarterback, in maroon so bright, Guiding the team with sheer delight. Through autumn's tapestry of red and gold, A symphony of victory, a tale to be told.

In TCF Bank Stadium, where cheers abound, A Gopher's spirit, in joy is found. Fans united in a sea of pride, With every pass, a jubilant ride.

Through the crisp air, where dreams align, A quarterback's journey, a treasure to shine. In the Land of 10,000 Lakes, a sacred ground, A Gopher's promise, a victory sound.

With each touchdown, a celebration grows, In Minnesota's heart, where excitement flows. The faithful fans, in maroon array, Cheering louder, with each passing day.

So, in Minnesota's pride, the Gopher stands tall, A quarterback's triumph, a testament to all. In the land of 10,000 lakes, where dreams unfurl, Being a Gopher quarterback, a cherished swirl.
Was it written before this season?

Seems like this could be spoken like Late Lament by the Moody Blues on the Days of Future Past album.

Write up a melody and we have a fourth quarter song!

Holy crap....everything about that just screams douche bag....
Imagine what his parents are like. They are the ones that had him all over the place switching high schools, etc., bet they are just a treat. He and Nebraska better be good or things will get sour for this new coach in a hurry.

Nebraska needs him. But this era will be seen in retrospect as one of greed and lunacy.

Imagine what his parents are like. They are the ones that had him all over the place switching high schools, etc., bet they are just a treat. He and Nebraska better be good or things will get sour for this new coach in a hurry.
Gotta wonder if Raiola will be as happy if the 5 Star OL Seaton flips to Maryland as predicted. I would think the promise of having a very good O Line would have been one reason to sign with Nebraska.

Top Bottom