46 posts about Tubby ...

He Was 44-25 (64%) His Last 2 Years There

His successor is 29-16 (64%) there.

They love him and "un-love" Tubby.

A post from: bigc45157

"I will admit i wanted a new coach, but i did like OTS alot and it is embarassing he can get elite prospects easier up in frigid Minnesota over the Meca of college basketball"

It appears as though they're feeling the heat in Lexington.

The Meca of college basketball... I love these guys.:rolleyes:

What I do NOT understand, is why this group of so-called fans are not bad mouthing Pitino....He and his team lost to UNLV at Louisville. Guess it is still Bash Tubby Board, glad he is here, and Good Luck Tubby and your TEAM of Minnesota Gophers!!!!!!

Kentucky fans live inside of their own bubble, and I suggest we leave them there.

...and nobody ever talks about Monson and Mason on these boards :cool:

I haven't seen every L blamed on Monson and his failure to recruit.

I think most realize Monson is better off somewhere else. I think he'll do OK at LBSU.

Please tell me your kidding? LOL!!!!

Can you tell the percentage of Tubby's losses that are blamed on the previous regime, bad referring, and poor shooting?

Please tell me your kidding? LOL!!!!

Can you tell the percentage of Tubby's losses that are blamed on the previous regime, bad referring, and poor shooting?

That was my point EXACTLY. None of them (at Minnesota).

UK is 29-16 since Tubby left. Gillispie is 29-0. Tubby is 0-16.

I haven't seen every L blamed on Monson and his failure to recruit.
I think most realize Monson is better off somewhere else. I think he'll do OK at LBSU.

Now I know you are full of it, fot.

Everything bad is blamed on the old coach, who has been gone for years.

I think I know which part of the barn FTB is from? The brown parts strewn across the hay in the area where the cows eat.

The upper corner of the student section, too afraid to come down front and be moderately social would be more correct for our type of Barn. But yes, good analogy.

That's false. Nothing is blamed on Monson. He gets credit where due.

Losing credibility, fot.

If it is bad, it is still Monsons fault. Monson was not the man for the job, long term. However, he did take a sad, sorry situation and get the team through it. And some of the best players on the current team were Monson recruits, even though a lot of fans refuse to give credit.

Losing credibility, fot.

If it is bad, it is still Monsons fault. Monson was not the man for the job, long term. However, he did take a sad, sorry situation and get the team through it. And some of the best players on the current team were Monson recruits, even though a lot of fans refuse to give credit.

Just like some of the best players on the Kentucky team are Tubby recruits.

It's natural to embrace something new and exciting while pissing and moaning about the past. In 20 years people in Kentucky will look back a lot more fondly on Coach Smith's time there (just they do now with Joe B Hall) and I'm sure people will look back on Monson as a coach who came into a bad situation and tried to make the best of it. Both men's greatest sin seemed to be they didn't win enough games to suit their fanbases.

When you look at something like Sampson's brief tenure at IU or Eddie Sutton's brief tenure at Kentucky is not winning enough games that bad?

Losing credibility, fot.

Baloney. That is not stated here except by the lunatic fringe.

Just like some of the best players on the Kentucky team are Tubby recruits.

It's natural to embrace something new and exciting while pissing and moaning about the past. In 20 years people in Kentucky will look back a lot more fondly on Coach Smith's time there (just they do now with Joe B Hall) and I'm sure people will look back on Monson as a coach who came into a bad situation and tried to make the best of it. Both men's greatest sin seemed to be they didn't win enough games to suit their fanbases.

When you look at something like Sampson's brief tenure at IU or Eddie Sutton's brief tenure at Kentucky is not winning enough games that bad?

I disagree that people at UK will have a different view down the road. If Gillispie succeeds, it will be all on him (despite his predecessor). And if he doesn't, it'll be all on his predecessor. Gillispie will be undefeated in his UK career. Every L will be the fault of the prior coach.

Now you're not telling the truth. There have been many threads in which people have given Monson credit for bringing in Al, Damien, etc. However, most people recognize it is unlikely Monson would have developed these players like Tubby has. It is hard to argue that Williams Arena atmosphere declined significantly each year Monson was here and White and Williams have each stated they would not have committed here with Monson as the coach. That all being said I did not see one post that blamed the MSU loss on our previous regime. Rather, I consistently see posts that state that Dan is a really nice guy and we wish him well. All of them - no. The majority - yes.

The upper corner of the student section, too afraid to come down front and be moderately social would be more correct for our type of Barn. But yes, good analogy.

Aren't you a little old for fecal humor FOT, of course, you are a Kentucky fan...

And you have no idea where I at the barn, just how I like it. I go to games because I enjoy them, not to get on TV and pretend I am popular.

Baloney. That is not stated here except by the lunatic fringe.

"After watching the disaster that was the previous coach for too many years, I just want to thank Tubby for all he has accomplished in such a brief amount of time.
Thank you for giving us a team that is young, but unselfish and so well coached.
Thank you for making Gopher fans feel we now have a coaching advantage, instead of the disadvantage that was sensed by many during the majority of games orchestrated by the previous administration.
Most of all thank you for returning a fire to the Barn the previous coach extinguished.
During his tenure here the previous coach was fixated on Gonzaga's every move.
I hope the carpet-bagging little nose-picker has the same fixation on Minnesota, and is monitoring the rejuvination under Tubby." Hudson14 January, 2009

So, is this the lunatic fringe of which you speak?

Where in any of those statements is anyone blaming current losses on Monson. And, which of those are false? The atmosphere did decline significantly. As nice of a guy as he is he did struggle, with game-day coaching and recruiting. If you can't acknowledge that you know nothing about basketball - they couldn't execute the most basic aspects of defensive basketball, such as a closeout. That all being said, as I wrote in a previous post I have not seen any thread blame our loss to MSU on Monson, and don't remember posts last year blaming losses on him.

Ok, just read to the very end of your post. The, "carpet-bagging..." comment was out of line.

...and nobody ever talks about Monson and Mason on these boards :cool:

I don't recall one post saying the MSU loss was Monson's fault. In fact, I haven't seen a negative thread about Monson in awhile. I have seen posts praising him for bringing in Nolen and Hoff.

There's no reason to blame anything on Monson anymore. Tubby has some players to work with. If they struggle this year, it will be because of a lack of experience, not a lack of talent or coaching. I believe we'll be at least in the Sweet Sixteen by next season.

46 posts is nothing.
Another site has had a Tubby Sucks thread going since he left that has daily posts. Truth, a few scattered posts on Monson is a drop in the bucket compared to the ongoing demonizing of Tubby in Kentucky.

46 posts is nothing.
Another site has had a Tubby Sucks thread going since he left that has daily posts. Truth, a few scattered posts on Monson is a drop in the bucket compared to the ongoing demonizing of Tubby in Kentucky.

Let the former be the former.

We in MN are better than those in KY, right?

tubby is a top notch leader, i was born,raised, and live here in lex ky but as a fan i had 2 dip on the big blue nation because their lack of knowledge of the entire lanscape of college b ball. ive been a gopher fan since the press conference and watched every episode of the journey and the tubby smith show. minnesota will get to a final four b4 kentucky will because unlike ky minnesota has a coach who can match scheme and wit with the best coaches in america. check his record. GO GOPHERS! FROM LEX, Ky. My wife and i plan on being in indianapolis with y'all in march

Aren't you a little old for fecal humor FOT, of course, you are a Kentucky fan...

I assume many things about the man but being a Kentucky fan is not one of them. If you knew his history on the on-line community like I'd do you'd be amazed at what he's posted over the years and done. I've never been able to figure out if he's a Purdue fan, a Cincy fan or a Duke fan. I do know that he will defend everything Coach Smith does and can get very, very volatile in a hurry if his "stats" are ever thrown into doubt.

I assume many things about the man but being a Kentucky fan is not one of them. If you knew his history on the on-line community like I'd do you'd be amazed at what he's posted over the years and done. I've never been able to figure out if he's a Purdue fan, a Cincy fan or a Duke fan. I do know that he will defend everything Coach Smith does and can get very, very volatile in a hurry if his "stats" are ever thrown into doubt.

I follow Cincy, Kentucky, and Purdue teams as a fan of each.

Top Bottom