4 more pts if were run at the 36-35

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
4 more pts if we run the ball at the one ...36-35

You never know what would have happened but If we score that TD on the 1/2 yard line instead of trying to pass ..... four more points gives us a win. I know it things could have played out a lot different but who knows???

Please proofread and correct the title of your post. Many of us in GopherHole graduated from middle school.

My bad

That's what happens when the mind and fingers are moving at different speeds. From what I've seen this site isn't frequented by that many PHDs.

Just got done watching the replay on TIVO.

OUCH, what a terrible call and absolutely no confidence in our OL or Hoese to get 9 inches.

A little OT: It took the replay for my group to figure out whether Weber got his "run in circles at the last moment before the sack" in rather than getting out of the pocket and making something happen. He got it in, but just barely.

There was a lot of panicked running in circles in that game. I know the protection was bad, but Weber has to stop freaking out like that...he even did it when there was good protection at times.

We wouldn't have won, as we wouldn't have gone for 2 point conversion on the last touchdown, but it would have been tied going into overtime. Me and my friends in the student section were talking about the play and knew that if they didn't get in on the first play, we would throw a play action and take a sack--and look what happened. It is the same thing every time--just run the ball 4 times for 1 yard!!!

I knew that we would try an onside kick with 3 minutes left and that it would bounce to high and we would not be able to catch it. I was right.

If you watch the play on Tivo you will see one D lineman was unblocked and had a clear shot at Weber. The other D lineman was lined up on the outside of Wills who slowed him down for perhaps a 10th of a second. Weber had NO CHANCE to throw that ball away. Stupid play call, worse blocking.

i dont mind calling one passing play there just not a PLAY ACTION.... what happened to the towarnett play from last week.

Yeah, that play sticks in my mind as well. Play action on the half yard line is a head scratcher. I'd much rather see Weber sneak it, or turn around and hand it to Bennett 3 times. D'uane seems to have a nose for the end zone when we get inside the 5. Maybe Fisch wanted to spark Weber's confidence at that point by letting him throw a TD pass...

Top Bottom