3s

The issue was the quality in some of the shots.

Iowa has a laughable defense and we were resorting to Hawkins taking 40 footers. Brutal shots.

Dawson bricking 3s when they clearly couldnt guard him in the paint was annoying as well

They were 23/29 on 2s today

The issue was that half of their shots were 3s.
Team has poor basketball IQ,. I don't know what gets emphasized in practice or in the huddle, but good Lord, are the inmates running the asylum? Why is nobody stepping up or stepping in to get some control over shot selection? If the 3 isn't falling, but you are killing it on 2's, then for the love of Christ, pound the ball inside and then play defense!

Team has poor basketball IQ,. I don't know what gets emphasized in practice or in the huddle, but good Lord, are the inmates running the asylum? Why is nobody stepping up or stepping in to get some control over shot selection? If the 3 isn't falling, but you are killing it on 2's, then for the love of Christ, pound the ball inside and then play defense!

More difficult to get the ball inside when there is little outside threat. Guys had plenty of open shots.....they just aren't hitting them. That needs to change for this team to have any success this year.

This is a coaching issue. If we are 6 for 41 shooting 3s over the last 2 or 3 games, then why isn't the coach doing something else? Why is he allowing this fiasco to go on?

You can't shoot yourself out of a slump in conference play.

Are we so undisciplined that we don't have offensive plays to run?

A coach who wants to let it play out isn't a coach at all.

The thing that is stunning on these 3's is how bad some of the misses are. Some barely make it to the rim, some are way over the rim with a few air balls in between.
What is even more stunning is that as a former shooter, you know when it just isn't clicking, so it is your duty to your team to STOP jacking 3's! When they are missing that badly, their shooting mechanics are completely F'd up and they are in their head. Rushing it, forcing it, slight hitch in their shot - doesn't take much to cause the ball to go from nothing but net to nothing but crap.

More difficult to get the ball inside when there is little outside threat. Guys had plenty of open shots.....they just aren't hitting them. That needs to change for this team to have any success this year.
That is very true. However, until and unless the other team shows the ability to stop it, keep going with it. It should help turn contested 3's into more wide open looks. Some of those 3's were just brutal looking.

It is really hard, however, when the whole team is bricking shots. I don't know why it happens, but I can remember some games where you would swear we just picked up a basketball the previous week. Sports are weird that way.

So if the hit 10 of 29 from 3 and beat Iowa tonight CBJ is still a horseshit coach???

25 of the 29 3s were wide open and they have been making them all year....... 2 games of bad shooting doesnt make CBJ a horrible coach .

My 2 cents
You’re right. It doesn’t. The body of work over 2 1/2 years makes him a bad coach.

So if the hit 10 of 29 from 3 and beat Iowa tonight CBJ is still a horseshit coach???

25 of the 29 3s were wide open and they have been making them all year....... 2 games of bad shooting doesnt make CBJ a horrible coach .

My 2 cents
When the threes didn't fall, what were his adjustments?

My 2 cents
It's not so much the bad outside shooting as it was the failure to adjust to poor outside shooting. Two games in a row. If we are completely dependent on good outside shooting to win games, then we are no better than Pitino's last season.

My 2 cents

No. We'd be good and fun.

Fact is.....this game was very winnable (same as the Indiana game) and terrible outside shooting sunk the team. You simply cannot win against Big Ten opponents shooting that poorly.

My 2 cents
MN is hitting 26.7% from 3 in conference, 13th in the league. However, they are #1 in 2P% in the conference.

Play to your strengths.

Add in the piss poor defense, acting like they'd never seen a half court trap, giving up layups on in bounds plays, lack of an offense, etc etc etc.

That makes a horrible coach

Same garbage we saw with Lil' Ricky

My 2 cents

The problem is taking 29 when you've been so efficient from 2. Iowa shot like shit tonight from 3, so what did they do? They shot only 13, and destroyed us inside.

Also, all our stats are skewed because we played such a shitty OOC schedule. We aren't a good 3 pointing shooting team against the teams we played that aren't absolutely atrocious. We are shooting 27.7% against Missouri, SF, OSU, Nebraska, Michigan, Maryland, IU and Iowa. Against the 9 scrubs we played we shot 41.6% from 3.

That is very true. However, until and unless the other team shows the ability to stop it, keep going with it. It should help turn contested 3's into more wide open looks. Some of those 3's were just brutal looking.

It is really hard, however, when the whole team is bricking shots. I don't know why it happens, but I can remember some games where you would swear we just picked up a basketball the previous week. Sports are weird that way.
See something like this in baseball where a whole team suddenly can't seem to hit and goes into a collective slump.

Sad that if they were even just hitting an average number of 3s they could have won yesterday for sure and probably against Indiana as well. Very frustrating for everyone involved.

Cost us the last 2 games.

Team just feels like they are in their own heads..... most of them.
It just isn't smart guard play flat out.

See Wisconsin guard play. Brains = wins at the guard position.

Dumb = losses. You don't chuck 30 of them when they aren't falling. This is also coaching, the bench is always a good reminder to do what the coach asks of you.

Top Bottom