3 Fall Camp Battles to Watch. Are Gophers Fans Overlooking Nebraska?

hungan1

Reaction score

Minnesota Gophers Football: 3 Fall Camp Battles to Watch + Are Gophers Fans Overlooking Nebraska?​

Kane Rob, Locked on Golden Gophers Football, June 30, 2023

Kane mentions position battles to watch. Are the Gophers overlooking Nebraska? Are Matt Rhule's 4-star recruits and current talent legitimate? Nebraska has huge talent transfers from the Portal. This is what is scary on paper.

Nebraska has catapulted to 13th in recruiting rankings with 22 commits today, June 30th, 2023. The Gophers dropped down to 16th with 23 commits.

Last edited:

Usually this sort of stuff takes time. Week one on the road against an established program that probably has more talent anyways. There is a reason Minnesota is an 8 point favorite. There is not a chance Minnesota looks past Nebraska or anyone.

Matt Rhule went 1-11 in his first season at Baylor with losses to UTSA and Liberty. I don't think it's unreasonable for Gopher fans to expect to beat Nebraska.

Can't we just concentrate on Nebraska? Just kidding.

Thanks for posting this. I haven't watched this one yet (Collin Morikawa is on TV), but Kane Rob is a good listen and is putting in the effort. Positive but honest. Nice to get more Gopher talk out there.

As long as the players and coaches don't overlook Nebraska, it really doesn't matter what us fans do.

With that said, I think this will be a tougher game than most are expecting.
The team cannot overlook anyone on the schedule. The team/coaches probably don't overlook any openents, but sometimes you just don't play a good game. Good teams figure out how to win even when things aren't clicking.

Agree with those that say it really doesn't matter what fans do as long as the team is focused on the task at hand.

But in general, nobody should overlook a team like Nebraska because no matter what they are still a Big Ten opponent. However no fans should fear Nebraska at this point either until the Huskers prove they can actually get their crap together.

First games are weird, anything can happen. It is a game we should win but I don't expect it to be easy.

Should never be overlooking another B1G team. Any B1G win is a great one, except maybe Rutgers.

I have lost sleep after the schedule was announced, certainly more concerned about Nubby than NC.

There is only one team on the schedule the gophers could overlook and still beat, and that’s northwestern. Because I’m not convinced northwestern will average over 3 points per game this year

It is going to be a battle of the unknowns. Whoever can figure out the other team and adjust better and not make crucial mistakes will win.

I pegged it as an entertaining game.

The 3 Battles:
Left Guard
Cornerbacks
Safeties
I think... I just skimmed through...basically anybody on the roster got his name mentioned as a candidate to start.

Who cares frankly if we as fans are overlooking the Huskers! Fans can't control the outcome of a game. If the topic was about the coaches and players overlooking Nebraska, that's something entirely different.

The team cannot overlook anyone on the schedule. The team/coaches probably don't overlook any openents, but sometimes you just don't play a good game. Good teams figure out how to win even when things aren't clicking.

Have any more cliches to add or was this it?

Nebraska has catapulted to 13th in recruiting rankings with 22 commits today, June 30th, 2023. The Gophers dropped down to 16th with 23 commits.
Some strong adjectives to describe what's essentially an extremely subjective tie midway through the game.

Overlook them? It's year zero. Ruhle will be focused on instilling a culture. Wins in year zero don't matter. Everyone knows that.

Have any more cliches to add or was this it?

At the end of the day, it is what it is. If we think outside the box, we’ll realize it’s a game of inches, and there‘s no tomorrow.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. If we think outside the box, we’ll realize it’s a game of inches, and there‘s no tomorrow.
There's no "I" in team.

I was a kid but distinctly remember watching Nebraska edge the Gophers 13-84. It was like watching two teams playing different sports on the same field. I wonder what the kid version of me would have thought/said if the adult me could have shared the news that there would be some concern the Gophers could be overlooking Nebraska in some future game.

That’s real progress, even if it did take decades.

Top Bottom