247 predicts Gophers will go 1-8 and finish 17th in Big Ten

Iam thinking.that everyone would have loved 247 if they predicted the Gophers would finish 8 - 4.
I'm sure you wouldn't have liked something about it.

Pretty much everything that could go wrong last year did go wrong. I won't believe the prediction of 1-8 until I see it. We've got some serious talent on both sides of the ball. I'm predicting 4 or 5 Big Ten wins and a 7 win season before the bowl season. Suck it 247.

Well, go 2-7 and it's improvement from this bar.

Hard to believe in March but it is a brave new B1G starting this fall so anything and everything is on the table...including 5-4 and better...

1-8 in Big is a bit rough. OTOH pinning your hopes on a QB from a second tier league where his stats were inflated because his team was behind a lot is a leap of faith. 6-6 record will be a good outcome in 2024

I just can't get the wacker type defense we disaplayed at the end of last season out of my mind. They also lost their best defender to graduation.

I believe this is a massive problem.

1-8 in Big is a bit rough. OTOH pinning your hopes on a QB from a second tier league where his stats were inflated because his team was behind a lot is a leap of faith. 6-6 record will be a good outcome in 2024
From what I can tell from their box scores, UNH wasn't playing from behind (or way behind) in many games at all. I think they were a team that knew their QB was their strength so they threw the ball a lot, winning or losing. His completion % speaks for itself.

I just can't get the wacker type defense we disaplayed at the end of last season out of my mind. They also lost their best defender to graduation.

I believe this is a massive problem.
The DC that was running that defense is gone, so there's that. We were playing a true freshman walk-on linebacker at times last year due to injuries. Hopefully we stay healthy and we can gel as a defense. Safety play has to improve.

The DC that was running that defense is gone, so there's that. We were playing a true freshman walk-on linebacker at times last year due to injuries. Hopefully we stay healthy and we can gel as a defense. Safety play has to improve.
The Lindenberg injury(s) last year was a real buzz kill for the team and the player. We expect 1st team all conference type play and got next to nothing. I know it’s not all one player but if he stays healthy and plays to expectations I think we are in good shape. If not, then the struggle might be real again.

Health will be the big issue and can we stay healthy not dipping into the younger depth. With these big conferences and attention shifting to them, I think it's hard for teams to go 1-8 with unbalanced schedule.

Every team on our schedule has a new QB/Coach/Coordinators/Players in some combination. We do as well. So if you think we have worse players to start 2024 than we had to end 2023, then maybe 1-8 is an option.

Top Bottom