2025 3* QB Jackson Kollack Commits

I glanced at a Tweet and I swear I thought it said Jackson Pollock had committed to the Gophers.

for the non-artistic posters, Jackson Pollock was a famous painter.

(from Wikipedia) Paul Jackson Pollock was an American painter. A major figure in the abstract expressionist movement, Pollock was widely noticed for his "drip technique" of pouring or splashing liquid household paint onto a horizontal surface, enabling him to view and paint his canvases from all angles.

died in 1956 at the age of 44 in a traffic accident attributed to drunk driving.
OT- One of Pollock’s paintings was featured in the movie The Accountant.

I glanced at a Tweet and I swear I thought it said Jackson Pollock had committed to the Gophers.

(from Wikipedia) Paul Jackson Pollock was an American painter. A major figure in the abstract expressionist movement, Pollock was widely noticed for his "drip technique" of pouring or splashing liquid household paint onto a horizontal surface, enabling him to view and paint his canvases from all angles.

died in 1956 at the age of 44 in a traffic accident attributed to drunk driving.

...and his work looks my drop cloth after painting every room in my house with a different color.

They already brought in QB Drake Lindsay with the 2024 class. One of the two QB's will leave.

It's a good problem for the Gophers to have, competition.
Gophers have the least crowded QB room in the league.

Solid bio-pic starring Ed Harris as Jackson Pollock. The always great Marcia Gay Harden wins the Oscar as best supporting actress.

Correct. None of them would presumably transfer until after the 2025 season.
Well, sure. I don’t think that post was saying the guy would transfer out before the 2025 season … when he’s class of 25?

I guess he could enroll early, go through spring 25, and feel like he had no chance to beat Lindsey? Or actually shows up like Superman and blows the doors off.

Sans those two unlikely scenarios, it would seem obvious that he would at least go through the fall 25 season here.

Well, sure. I don’t think that post was saying the guy would transfer out before the 2025 season … when he’s class of 25?

I guess he could enroll early, go through spring 25, and feel like he had no chance to beat Lindsey? Or actually shows up like Superman and blows the doors off.

Sans those two unlikely scenarios, it would seem obvious that he would at least go through the fall 25 season here.
I agree. I was responding to someone who said one of them will leave. I was saying that likely isn't a worry until January of 2026.

I was just saying I thought that was obvious and that the post was not claiming otherwise.

ANYWAY ... after what this staff just went through with putting AK on a special pedestal, to the effect of not doing serious QB recruiting, and then not having anything to call on when AK faltered ... they aren't going to go through that again. It doesn't surprise me that they're getting a new serious QB recruit in 25 right after signing Lindsey in 24.

They already brought in QB Drake Lindsay with the 2024 class. One of the two QB's will leave.

Yes, one always leaves because they all hate being on the Minnesota campus, have no friends, not interested in a A+ education, and need an excuse.

Every single message board post that doesn't have a link/Tweet backing it up is always automatically speculation.

That's the entire point.

You don't need to have a header of "this is speculation" to every single post that is made .....
Coming from the guy that covers more bases than Ricky Henderson. I bet you're amazing at Twister.

One man’s garbage is another man’s groundbreaking art genius. See Underground, Velvet. Prepare for the hisses lol.

While no chimp has written any music (that I’m aware of) the following is not satire (I think).

SHIN GALLERY is pleased to present works on paper by Congo and Jackson Pollock. At the height of Abstract Expressionism, both artists garnered immense international fame for their non-representational and avant-garde action pieces. The exhibition aims to acknowledge their legacies with a keen focus on Congo; a chimpanzee who explored the limits of abstraction just as his contemporary Jackson Pollock.

Born in 1954, Congo the chimpanzee became renowned for his symmetrical patterns and distinctive gestural approach. His artistic career began at the age of two when zoologist, author, and surrealist painter Desmond Morris offered Congo a pencil. Shortly after, Morris discovered the chimp could draw circles and synthesize compositional structure. Congo was mindful of complementary tones and hues, and instinctively juxtaposed colors to demonstrate balance in his work. Similar to Cy Twombly’s ‘freely scribbled’ symbolic pieces, Congo communicated a unique painterly language through expressive drawings and paintings.

As Morris continued to allow Congo to paint, the chimpanzee’s obsession for painting accelerated. Congo´s ability to experiment with abstract patterns and alter them in creative ways became clear evidence that the mind of a non-human had the same innate urge and understanding to make articulate visual works of art.

The talented chimpanzee made about 400 drawings and paintings. Congo appeared on the British animal TV show called Zootime in the late 1950s and quickly rose to stardom. Collectors who acquired Congo’s works included Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro, Roland Penrose, Jock Whitney, William Copley, Julian Huxley, Herbert Read, Solly Zuckerman, Sidney Bernstein, Princess Zeid, Prince Philip, among many others. Private collector Howard Hong stated Congo’s paintings “represent the complete evolution of mankind.”

During the 1950s, the work by Jackson Pollock was in increasingly high demand. An art-historical pioneer, Pollock’s technique of pouring liquid paint onto a horizontal surface became the epitome of the American abstract expressionist movement. Driven by the instinctual yet improvised application of paint, both Congo and Pollock´s work consist of flinging and dripping paint onto their mediums in a performative manner. Salvador Dali compared Congo’s work to Jackson Pollock, saying, “The hand of the chimpanzee is quasi-human; the hand of Jackson Pollock is totally animal!”

One man’s garbage is another man’s groundbreaking art genius. See Underground, Velvet. Prepare for the hisses lol.

While no chimp has written any music (that I’m aware of) the following is not satire (I think).

SHIN GALLERY is pleased to present works on paper by Congo and Jackson Pollock. At the height of Abstract Expressionism, both artists garnered immense international fame for their non-representational and avant-garde action pieces. The exhibition aims to acknowledge their legacies with a keen focus on Congo; a chimpanzee who explored the limits of abstraction just as his contemporary Jackson Pollock.

Born in 1954, Congo the chimpanzee became renowned for his symmetrical patterns and distinctive gestural approach. His artistic career began at the age of two when zoologist, author, and surrealist painter Desmond Morris offered Congo a pencil. Shortly after, Morris discovered the chimp could draw circles and synthesize compositional structure. Congo was mindful of complementary tones and hues, and instinctively juxtaposed colors to demonstrate balance in his work. Similar to Cy Twombly’s ‘freely scribbled’ symbolic pieces, Congo communicated a unique painterly language through expressive drawings and paintings.

As Morris continued to allow Congo to paint, the chimpanzee’s obsession for painting accelerated. Congo´s ability to experiment with abstract patterns and alter them in creative ways became clear evidence that the mind of a non-human had the same innate urge and understanding to make articulate visual works of art.

The talented chimpanzee made about 400 drawings and paintings. Congo appeared on the British animal TV show called Zootime in the late 1950s and quickly rose to stardom. Collectors who acquired Congo’s works included Pablo Picasso, Joan Miro, Roland Penrose, Jock Whitney, William Copley, Julian Huxley, Herbert Read, Solly Zuckerman, Sidney Bernstein, Princess Zeid, Prince Philip, among many others. Private collector Howard Hong stated Congo’s paintings “represent the complete evolution of mankind.”

During the 1950s, the work by Jackson Pollock was in increasingly high demand. An art-historical pioneer, Pollock’s technique of pouring liquid paint onto a horizontal surface became the epitome of the American abstract expressionist movement. Driven by the instinctual yet improvised application of paint, both Congo and Pollock´s work consist of flinging and dripping paint onto their mediums in a performative manner. Salvador Dali compared Congo’s work to Jackson Pollock, saying, “The hand of the chimpanzee is quasi-human; the hand of Jackson Pollock is totally animal!”

1711792841825.jpeg
200 million for this?!?!?

Attachments

• 1711792755471.jpeg
    1711792755471.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 3

I would prefer a Jackson Pollock commitment over a Jackson Kollack commitment. Considering one of his paintings sold for $61 million a couple of years ago, that would fund the Gopher's NIL needs for a while.

I was just saying I thought that was obvious and that the post was not claiming otherwise.

ANYWAY ... after what this staff just went through with putting AK on a special pedestal, to the effect of not doing serious QB recruiting, and then not having anything to call on when AK faltered ... they aren't going to go through that again. It doesn't surprise me that they're getting a new serious QB recruit in 25 right after signing Lindsey in 24.
When didn’t they do serious qb recruiting? The problem is getting them to stick around.

They both could easily leave. That’s how college sports are now. No sense fretting about it. You just keep bringing in guys to fill the roster needs.

View attachment 30860
200 million for this?!?!?

Speaking of polarizing opinions and “trash”, Minneapolis’ own The Trashmen’s 60’s smash hit “Surfin’ Bird” at the time was called “the worst song I’ve ever heard” by Minneapolis Sunday Tribune critic Dan Sullivan. Being midwesterners they weren’t as pretentious or pompous about their work as people from, say, cultural centers on the coasts can be (are). They acknowledged their work was an obvious derivative of songs from a band called The Rivingtons. Many people would say, who gives a *hit, their sound and delivery were awesome. The same album has a decent rendition of “Miserlou” (made famous by Dick Dale and Pulp Fiction), origins of which go way back to various cultures. No word on who influenced early humans, ancient aliens.

I would prefer a Jackson Pollock commitment over a Jackson Kollack commitment. Considering one of his paintings sold for $61 million a couple of years ago, that would fund the Gopher's NIL needs for a while.
Women’s softball fan eh?

When didn’t they do serious qb recruiting?
Neither Knuth nor Viotto were serious competition and they didn't bring in any transfers to provide competition for AK.

They set things up as clearly as could be for AK to be the guy with no risk of him challenged, and that backfired.

Did someone decommit and then we got Viotto? Or is that what happened with Lindsay?

EDIT: Aaron Philo decommitted (#47 QB in this class) and went to GA Tech. We ended up with Lindsay (#23 QB).

They both could easily leave. That’s how college sports are now. No sense fretting about it. You just keep bringing in guys to fill the roster needs.
Ain't that the truth?! It was not too long ago that a commitment announcement like this was met with full-on, all-out excitement. Now? Ya gotta take them with a grain of salt and guarded skepticism.

I want the "old days" back.

Neither Knuth nor Viotto were serious competition and they didn't bring in any transfers to provide competition for AK.

They set things up as clearly as could be for AK to be the guy with no risk of him challenged, and that backfired.
Knuth was supposed to be talented. I wouldn’t say they cleared the path for AK, but they clearly were confident in him. They moved pretty quickly to bring in a challenger. The problem now is it is getting difficult to carry more than 2 or three talented qbs on a roster.

Knuth was supposed to be talented. I wouldn’t say they cleared the path for AK, but they clearly were confident in him. They moved pretty quickly to bring in a challenger. The problem now is it is getting difficult to carry more than 2 or three talented qbs on a roster.
Or if your us, 2 or 3 QBs.

Long gone the days of having quality depth in college football now that NIL deals and the ability to play right away after transfering ruins that. "Oh, I'm not the starter? Ok I'll transfer"

Bolded: well yeah, after a disastrous season. As was absolutely the correct move to do.

Agree with your last sentence as well. You pretty much can have a main starter and then a couple younger guys, but unlikely for a guy to stick around who it would be looking like he might only get to start his senior year. Those days seem to be gone.

Top Bottom