2024 Recruiting

Jakahla Craft posted her offers today and it got me thinking about Minnesota and the Class of 2024. Do we know of any live offers for local 2024 players or is Coach P just passing on any local talent? I saw that Trinity Wilson committed to Vanderbilt, so she's out. Not sure if there are other offers out there that anyone has seen.

Jakahla Craft posted her offers today and it got me thinking about Minnesota and the Class of 2024. Do we know of any live offers for local 2024 players or is Coach P just passing on any local talent? I saw that Trinity Wilson committed to Vanderbilt, so she's out. Not sure if there are other offers out there that anyone has seen.
Earlier pages on this thread have some info (Jordan Zubich was offered but picked NC, for instance)

I think the only top ten player left from this class is Tori McKinney from Minnetonka. She does not post her offers. Two Gopher assistant coaches do follow her.

I think the only top ten player left from this class is Tori McKinney from Minnetonka. She does not post her offers. Two Gopher assistant coaches do follow her.
She and Aaliyah Crump did some TikToks in Creighton uniforms back in February (their former Tonka teammate Kiani Lockett is at Creighton) but that seems to be the only hint on social media she has given. I've always liked her as a player so hopefully Minnesota is interested in her.

I think recruits in the Dakotas, Wisconsin and Minnesota all committed early. 2024 is kind of a dry local market except for McKinney.

Tori McKinney has an offer/interest from Gophers. I've heard rumblings she is down to final 3 schools (all power five) and gophers on that.

In terms of 2024, by the time the current staff got here. It was really only McKinney and a stock-rising Ja'Kahla Craft as possible options at Power Five/D1 Level.

Tori McKinney has an offer/interest from Gophers. I've heard rumblings she is down to final 3 schools (all power five) and gophers on that.

In terms of 2024, by the time the current staff got here. It was really only McKinney and a stock-rising Ja'Kahla Craft as possible options at Power Five/D1 Level.
Jakahla didn't have Minnesota (or any other P5 schools) on her list of offers so McKinney must be the only one left from this class that the Gophers have any interest in. I would expect both of these girls to commit soon so it will be interesting to see where they wind up.

Tori McKinney is tall for a guard. Would be nice for the Gophers.

She was injured for awhile last season.

I wonder what the dynamic is with her choice.

It is difficult to be sure but by my count without any transfers we only have two or is it even just one spot available next year?

It is difficult to be sure but by my count without any transfers we only have two or is it even just one spot available next year?

I thought it was 2. There are 14 players and one of them is a preferred walk on.

With her now it's going to be a good run. Fun time to be a Gopher or Gopher fan -- straight ahead.

Anyone with knowledge of Tori, how good is she?

I have always been impressed with her. She's very slim but she's a tall, smooth guard who plays hard. I can't think of one special skill she has that makes her stand out, she's just an all-around strong player who is tall who does everything well. She had a devastating injury late last summer after the AAU season was over that sidelined her for the entire high school season last year, and I think her calmness and great attitude was one of the main reasons why Tonka had a hard time being competitive last year. She definitely is the leader of that team. She had a great AAU season this year so it's nice to see she's recovered. With her back playing for Minnetonka and Brian Cosgriff at the helm of that team, as long as she and Aaliyah Crump stay healthy, I assume Tonka will be one of the favorites to win a state championship this year.

She would be a great get for Minnesota so I hope the rumors are true.

I have heard confirmation that Tori has committed in the last few days... I HAVE NOT been able to confirm it's to the Gophers. I've heard both ways that she has committed to Gophers and then Heard it's not the Gophers.

North Tartan just tweeted out minutes ago that "big news coming soon" So guessing we will not have to wait super long to find out.

Her final three (unofficially) heard were Gophers, Northwestern, Kansas.

Welcome aboard!

Curious to hear what those of you are more plugged into the high school scene think of her. Seems like she's a bit of a lesser-known quantity do the playing alongside crump and being injured.

Welcome aboard!

Curious to hear what those of you are more plugged into the high school scene think of her. Seems like she's a bit of a lesser-known quantity do the playing alongside crump and being injured.
Super hard worker, not a diva, lunch bucket mentality and her calling card is a lock down defender. Decent shooter and improving. Team player.

Welcome aboard!

See my response above. She's a team player who makes everyone around her better. Great add!

I am so happy she waited until today to announce this. I saw several kids announcing offers yesterday and it just didn't sit well with me. I think it goes to her strength of character and is a testament to the people she has around her.

"She's a cerebral point guard who understands the game at a really high level,'' said Grant McGinnis, a scout and writer for Prep Girls Hoops. "She knows how to run an offense, never gets rattled. She's the best defender in Minnesota. Nobody else is close.''

Top Bottom