2023 Signing Day Breakfast

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
Got an email invite last week and another reminder today, I can’t make it but any of you going?
ECB68983-C4D6-4683-AC93-1DBADA04A791.jpeg

I assume these are a specific donor level or connection or something.

Not for rando ticket holders.
I feel that if one is a long time season ticket holders, they should receive invites to these unique events.

Yes, season ticket holders for < 5 years aren’t invited but season ticket holders that are at least 10+ should….🤷🏻‍♂️

I feel that if one is a long time season ticket holders, they should receive invites to these unique events.

Yes, season ticket holders for < 5 years aren’t invited but season ticket holders that are at least 10+ should….🤷🏻‍♂️
How about 74 years (I think 75 this next season...)?

Granted it has been under two different names (I'm a highlander and governments get suspicious if you just use the same name and your immortal....) but the history on my tickets shows 74 years... still never really had any encounter with the U that wasn't like any ticket holder would.

I suspect for fund raising there are:

- People giving a lot of money
- Ticket holders

And those groups have some overlap but they're probably not as connected as we think. Schmoozing the big donors probably has a way higher payout compared to rando ticket holders, even those with long histories.

Not to say I don't give, but it's more random and to the U I'm probably just more of a "this is a ticket transaction type fan" where the fan is buying tickets like they do for a pro sport.

Still yeah longer histories, you'd think there would be some connection or some effort to draw in those fans as donor-ish folks ... somehow other than random emails and etc?

But it's also not my area of expertiese and I suspect keeping existing donors happy politically, and just the math works out that they focus on them.

Last edited:

You're a big baller apparently. I've been a season ticket holder for 14 years (18 if you count student tickets) and I didn't get this invite. I actually didn't know they invited anyone outside of football staff with the exception of super donors like the Lindahls, etc.

Top Bottom