2023 MN High School Football season

Gotta think if MN surprises and Oklahoma looks less attractive, he might take a look at moving before signing in December.
Not happening IMO. I wish it would by I think it would take a large scale event for that to occur.

My guess, is that the Osseo district doesn't allow intra-district open enrollment, or at least not into MG from Osseo or Park Center. A friend of mine has a son who is likely to be a starter for MG. Pretty sure it's mostly kids who grew up there.

I think switching schools is more rampant for basketball.
And now I just realized who I was responding to. I've schooled you enough on how school districts and enrollment works before you got yourself banned. I don't need to do any more.

Not happening IMO. I wish it would by I think it would take a large scale event for that to occur.
I have no idea if it will happen, but if Oklahoma wins fewer than 8 games this season, that seat is getting awfully toasty. They have an easier schedule getting to avoid KState but another bad season and I think Venables is gone.

My guess, is that the Osseo district doesn't allow intra-district open enrollment, or at least not into MG from Osseo or Park Center. A friend of mine has a son who is likely to be a starter for MG. Pretty sure it's mostly kids who grew up there.

I think switching schools is more rampant for basketball.
I live in ISD 279, from what I know open enrollment from anywhere to MG is closed. I think kids are able to open enroll to both Osseo and Park Center.

I live in ISD 279, from what I know open enrollment from anywhere to MG is closed. I think kids are able to open enroll to both Osseo and Park Center.
I lived up there for 11 years, though it was before we had a kid.

I've mentioned it before, but there's going to be some serious hell raised when they have to move the attendance boundaries between those high schools.

I've mentioned it before, but there's going to be some serious hell raised when they have to move the attendance boundaries between those high schools.
These districts have found more ways to limit the HS boundaries as they know how much that affects kids and families. More and more they move MS and Elementary boundaries within HS boundaries to lessen the impact. I'm not saying it won't happen but they try to leave the HS boundaries alone as much as possible.

Agreed, that would get testy fast. Champlin has some really weird boundaries up here that make no sense as well. Any changes there would also get panties in a bunch.

That would simply be the boundary of the A-H district itself. But within the district, you’re either south of the river (Champlin) or not.

I think districts like Osseo and A-H should be broken up. I don’t see any possible way it serves the kids better to have such disparate socioeconomic neighborhoods clumped under one overall administration.

If it is better … then put the whole state under one administration. What good do districts serve that couldn’t just be done more efficiently at the state level? All property taxes go into one statewide bucket, and then get distributed on a per-pupil basis to the schools that the pupils go to.

ANYWAY, back to HS football talk.

Fun article in STrib today about the “Dream Team”.

That would simply be the boundary of the A-H district itself. But within the district, you’re either south of the river (Champlin) or not.

I think districts like Osseo and A-H should be broken up. I don’t see any possible way it serves the kids better to have such disparate socioeconomic neighborhoods clumped under one overall administration.
We know you think this. And I've explained multiple times why this would never happen. Just stop.

Agreed, that would get testy fast. Champlin has some really weird boundaries up here that make no sense as well. Any changes there would also get panties in a bunch.
The A-H district is really weird in that it runs along the west side of the river almost all the way down to 694. But yes, if they started sending kids to Coon Rapids that were expecting to go to Champlin Park, it would be the same issue as if MG kids were going to Osseo or PC.

These districts have found more ways to limit the HS boundaries as they know how much that affects kids and families. More and more they move MS and Elementary boundaries within HS boundaries to lessen the impact. I'm not saying it won't happen but they try to leave the HS boundaries alone as much as possible.
But at some point, they have to deal with the logistics that the areas out in Maple Grove/Plymouth/Corcoran are still growing, and the areas around Osseo and Brooklyn Park are mostly built out. Some kind of shift has to occur.

$90 seems incredibly low. $150 is a lot better. Are they responsible for paying for gas/transportation to get to games or are they reimbursed for mileage?

I imagine it used to be that some would do it primarily for love of the game but that's probably changing as it's not worth the hassles if you're not getting paid decently.
$150 is better, but that still sounds low to me. I know guys that almost make that much officiating an hour long youth hockey game.

Irondale happened to be one of the schools in my local team's four-way scrimmage Saturday, and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite like Emerson Mandell. I know he projects as an OL but I found him more impressive on defense right now. It's simply unfair for most high school OL to face him - he immediately puts them on skates backwards.

$150 is better, but that still sounds low to me. I know guys that almost make that much officiating an hour long youth hockey game.
Officiating fees are all over the place and there is no regulation over it. It comes down to what official's associations can negotiate with sports leagues and associations. Really anything under $35 an hour is poorly paid for what you have to do. Uniform costs, travel costs, leaving work early, getting home late etc. etc. If I get assigned a HS game in Mankato, it's 160 miles each way, I leave at 4pm to get there for a 7pm game start. game is done between 9-9:30pm, and if we stop for dinner, I'm home between 12-1am. All expenses on me and I make about $115. About $12 an hour.

You make more doing youth sports, but you deal with all the BS that comes with the parents and coaches.

Not a lot of great 6a games this week. A ton of good ones week 2.

For me week 1 highlights in 6a
Lakeville north vs Stillwater
Lakeville south vs wayzata
Blaine vs St Michael
Minnetonka vs white bear lake

Mayo vs Burnsville is interesting but not because they’re both great teams.

Best team in the state is 5A power Mankato West. 3 D1 offensive lineman, WR Smith committed to Gophers, QB to Bemidji State. A few other guys getting a lot of D2 NSIC offers. That much talent for a non metro team is unheard of. Really think they could play with any 6A school

Would somebody please show the”dream team”. I refuse to subscribe to that liberal rag.
here you go (College Commitment in parentheses)

OFFENSE:
QB - Tanner Zolnosky - East Ridge
QB - Maximus Sims - St. Thomas Academy (MSU-Mankato)
RB - Maxwell Woods, Chanhassen (NDSU)
RB - Savion Hart, St. Thomas Academy
WR - Khijohnn Cummings-Coleman, Coon Rapids
Slot - Tyler Nystrom, Mounds View
WR - Joe Hoheisel, Stillwater
TE - Adam Molitor, Totino-Grace
TE/Ath - Ray James, DeLaSalle (NDSU)
OL - Emerson Mandell, Irondale (Wisconsin)
OL - Kene Anene, East Ridge (Kansas)
C - Will Sather, Eden Prairie (Princeton)
OL - Adien Horel, Prior Lake
OL - Tait Anderberg, Lakeville North
OL - Sam Ruid, St. Francis

DEFENSE:
DL - Wyatt Gilmore, Rogers (Oklahoma)
DL - Max Mogelson, Two Rivers (UNLV)
DL - Jide Abasiri, Prior Lake (Minnesota)
DL - Mo Saine, Eden Prairie (Minnesota)
DL - Trent Page, Minnehaha (Yale)
DL - Antonio Menard, Lakeville North (Air Force)
LB - Sam Macy, Chanhassen (Minnesota)
LB - Emmanuel Karmo, Cooper
DB - Isaac Davis, Park Center
DB - Caden Johnson, St. Michael-Albertville (MSU-Mankato)
DB - Nolan Dumonceaux, Forest Lake
DB - Zashon Rich, Mpls North
DB - Josiah Young, Totino-Grace
K - Keagan Zabilla, Minnetonka

Cheers to those that had to sell their tickets and miss the game tonight due to your High School Football commitments. 🍻 GO GOPHERS!

Best team in the state is 5A power Mankato West. 3 D1 offensive lineman, WR Smith committed to Gophers, QB to Bemidji State. A few other guys getting a lot of D2 NSIC offers. That much talent for a non metro team is unheard of. Really think they could play with any 6A school
For all their success, they really haven't produced D1 linemen, so I'll be interested to see if they have that level of talent on the line.

For all their success, they really haven't produced D1 linemen, so I'll be interested to see if they have that level of talent on the line.
They have never had any D1 lineman. Greg Meidl (6'4, 270) is committed to Army. Gage Schmidt (6'4, 290) has a PWO offer from NDSU and getting some other D1 looks. Junior Axel Lorenz (6'2, 280) is the strongest guy on the team and I believe is one of the top ranked lineman in the state for the class of 2025 according to Prep RedZone. Their line will be the strength of the team this year. Lot of great athletes at the skill positions too.

I would easily believe St Thomas Academy has never in school history given up 45 points in the first half, as they did tonight against Andover.

Everyone's favorite 6A punching bag Hopkins gave up 72 to Shakopee tonight. Yikes.

I would easily believe St Thomas Academy has never in school history given up 45 points in the first half, as they did tonight against Andover.
Maybe they shouldn’t have hired a guy with little head coaching experience and instead hired a high school football coach. Cheering against STA all year

Maple Grove beat Osseo 35-0. Nice start to his Varsity career from Sophmore QB Kaden Harney: 13/18 with 216 yards, 3 passing TDs and one rushing. Jr RB Charles Langama looks shifty scoring 3 receiving TDs and one rushing TD: 108 ON 16 RUSHING attempts and 115 on 5 receptions.

Great games in week 1. Especially 5A. Kudos to the two year District Football Schedules and Districts.

Top Bottom