2023 B1G Offensive Coordinator Salaries

I remember reading someone mentioning that no seasoned, successful coach/OC would want to work for Fleck. I'm starting to think that might be true, based on his last 2 hires. Seems like he wants a young guy he can mold. I'm starting to think Harbaugh will be back next year. I guess it will depend on these last 3 games. Perform well in 2 of them, maybe even 1, and he'll be back. Basically win 1 or 2. Lose all 3 and he'll probably be gone.

The position coaches all get raises when Fleck does.
Wasn’t aware - that’s awesome. But with Harbaugh it’s like putting lipstick on a pig. I guess my point is it’s confusing why we don’t we pay out a proven talent from the get-go, versus promoting a MAC tight ends coach to not only call plays, but coach the highest-touted QB in program history.

Wasn’t aware - that’s awesome. But with Harbaugh it’s like putting lipstick on a pig. I guess my point is it’s confusing why we don’t we pay out a proven talent from the get-go, versus promoting a MAC tight ends coach to not only call plays, but coach the highest-touted QB in program history.
Looking at that list, what is more money getting all schools below Rutgers?

Looking at that list, what is more money getting all schools below Rutgers?
All have more effective total offenses than ours (save for Iowa of course). Northwestern is too but Mike Bajakian’s salary isn’t available anywhere to reference.

Moreover, this offensive roster is not the third worst in the Big Ten.

The answer to your question is not money. It's Fleck. He does not want an experienced, successful OC who would bring his own proven system.
'

in all fairness, it's the 1st year for Harbaugh and Simon as Co-OC's. you would expect more experienced people to make more money.

And I'd love to see any offense with better qb play. That's the primary problem i think.

What's it even getting them at Rutgers? Their offense is ranked 104.

The only thing I learned from this list is that schools are paying double for offenses that are just as bad as the Gophers.
And the gophers are doing this with a 5th string running back and first year starting QB

I wish we paid north of one million and brought someone in that had had Oc success scoring points and winning games in their resume.

Where is the list showing how much each teams’ offensive starters and significant contributors are making this season???

That’s the other half (or more) of the equation that is missing here.

https://x.com/goldysburner/status/1721996818785914970?s=46

Can someone explain to me like I’m stupid why we find the money to extend Fleck year over year, yet we can’t scrape enough together to pay an above-average OC? Heck, I’d even take mediocre.

I’m sure it’s been pointed out but Fleck’s raises include an increase to the assistants pool. Your complaints aren’t even valid.

The offense sucks. But it isn’t due to not paying an OC.

Our guy was an analyst 3-4 years ago he’s stealing at his salary. He’s in no way qualified to be a B10 OC.

Our guy was an analyst 3-4 years ago he’s stealing at his salary. He’s in no way qualified to be a B10 OC.
Michigan had an analyst that had such an impact that they’re probably going to legalize in helmet communication next year

Don’t knock analysts

Top Bottom