2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

Can we hire Jamey Chadwell? This offense is giving Oregon all sorts of fits despite the talent discrepancy

Yeah, better than our punt returner who lays down if someone gets close enough..
We never had Beanie return punts. I wonder why not? PJ's refusal to engage the kicking return game as an element of offense and field position is something that really perplexes me. Most teams, including top teams, actually engage in the return game, which makes me believe that the "numbers" do not say ignore the kick return game.

Iowa receivers need to wash the bacon grease off hands. Not helping Hill out at all so far, and Hill already threw a Favre NFC championship-style INT at the TN goal line. They’re trying, at least.

Wondering what others here think about Irving's draft prospects if he decides to declare. Not the biggest guy, but after watching Aaron Jones last night, there's a place in the league for guys who have a great first step and versatility to accommodate various schemes.

Watching this amount of offense from Bucky is disturbing.

We never had Beanie return punts. I wonder why not? PJ's refusal to engage the kicking return game as an element of offense and field position is something that really perplexes me. Most teams, including top teams, actually engage in the return game, which makes me believe that the "numbers" do not say ignore the kick return game.
Definitely a blind spot for PJ☹️

5 passing TDs (3 WI, 2 LSU), at the end of the third quarter, Wisconsin-LSU.

Wondering what others here think about Irving's draft prospects if he decides to declare. Not the biggest guy, but after watching Aaron Jones last night, there's a place in the league for guys who have a great first step and versatility to accommodate various schemes.
fWIW - when he signed, RIvals, IIRC, did an eval of all the recruits pro prospects. They had him listed as a 3-4 round pick out if HS.

He reminds me of a poor man’s Warwick Dunn - I’ll be surprised if he is selected and has a nice NFL career, barring injury.

Down 31-6 at the half, even with a talent discrepancy, I'm not sure that's a good halftime result.

Go Gophers!!
Tough to say as liberty has dropped about 5-6 passes, including one for an int that was at least a 10pt swing, as well as a bunch of presnap penalties and some dropped snaps. Players doing themselves no favors. I’d still love to have chadwell run our offense as it fits what we can recruit extremely well

In the iowa game they rutm on 3rd and 8 for little gain, and the commentator said.

"I wasn't expecting that play call from Brian Ferentz"

Guies ... yeah you should have.

The more you watch fickell coach the more you see he’s not a great game day coach. Why you’d think playing field position and for fgs against the lsu offense was a good call is beyond me
Yup I don’t know what he is doing.

Top Bottom