2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Wisconsin looks scary good right now, I never thought I'd say that with Gard as their HC. They'll be a tough game for everyone this year.

Well, their top players all returned and they got a much better guard from the portal than the one or two who left.

Ole Miss getting a taste of some Ol' Rick Barnes
Tennessee leading Ole Miss 63-39 with about 13 minutes left.
Final 90-64
19 offensive rebounds for the Vols

Last edited:

Well, their top players all returned and they got a much better guard from the portal than the one or two who left.
With Wahl and Crowl still a major focus of their offense, they’re incredibly susceptible to laying massive eggs in games that matter when matchups are favorable.

With Wahl and Crowl still a major focus of their offense, they’re incredibly susceptible to laying massive eggs in games that matter when matchups are favorable.
Yes, but what they have around them now is a lot better than last year. Storr from St. John’s is a guy who can take over a game at any moment without mechanically walking through their system. That’s a major upgrade from recent seasons.

Yes, but what they have around them now is a lot better than last year. Storr from St. John’s is a guy who can take over a game at any moment without mechanically walking through their system. That’s a major upgrade
No doubt Wisconsin looks good. Not sure how folks spin it otherwise. A lot of options on that roster.

Last edited:

Grant McCasland showing (so far) he can make the jump from North Texas as he has Texas Tech giving Texas all they can handle in Austin….

Can't get the Colorado State-Utah State game on the set up I use, but looking at the box score which has the Rams up 32-28, Niko has went 6 deep into his bench in the first half. Looks like Josiah Strong is back.

Reactions: Rex

Can't get the Colorado State-Utah State game on the set up I use, but looking at the box score which has the Rams up 32-28, Niko has went 6 deep into his bench in the first half. Looks like Josiah Strong is back.
Good Game with Utah St. on top 77-70. Aggie fans rushed the court.

St. Thomas beats Sacramento State 63-50 to go 2-0 in the Big Sky-Summit League Challenge, the only Summit team to do so (Big Sky win challenge 11-7).

Tommies (12-5) have won 6 straight, a program record in the Division I era. Big one Thursday night in St.Paul. UST (2-0) and South Dakota State (1-0) only Summit League unbeatens. Thinking there’s a decent chance despite students being gone it could be a packed house of 1,800+.

St. Thomas beats Sacramento State 63-50 to go 2-0 in the Big Sky-Summit League Challenge, the only Summit team to do so (Big Sky win challenge 11-7).

Tommies (12-5) have won 6 straight, a program record in the Division I era. Big one Thursday night in St.Paul. UST (2-0) and South Dakota State (1-0) only Summit League unbeatens. Thinking there’s a decent chance despite students being gone it could be a packed house of 1,800+.
Are you holding season tickets at Schoeneker?

Awful call. Both commentators and Gene Steratore disagreed big-time with it. Most likely cost TCU the game.
I liked the call. I thought it was appropriate. KU was flat, no jump, even the fans were a bit quiet. Give TCU a whole bunch of credit. I believe they are the last team to beat KU @ the PHOG

I think Jamie Dixon has done a wonderful job @ TCU. They will make the tourney again this year.

Missouri loses to UGA at home. Now sits at 117 in the NET.

Indiana State visits Northern Iowa (surprised by the line on this one)
Drake @ Belmont
Memphis hosts SMU
Sycamores, Bulldogs and Tigers all looking for win 13

Agreed. Storr was a big pick up and he’s settled into their system compared to early in the year, but I still don’t think this roster is strong. He and essegian will be an interesting class for the next couple of years though. This year I think they run their typical low floor system, which will look amazing in a down big ten. They will likely start hot against the lower half of big ten but I don’t think they win more than one or two games in March. We’ll see.

I also don’t put too much stock into the MSU win since they were down at the time, or the Marquette win since I think they are a touch overrated and Shaka hasn’t figured out how to beat wisco yet. Personally, I want to see change at Wisco (I’m a wisco native and got my MS there) because I think their ceiling is lower under Gard than Bo, so of course Gard will have another 2019-2020 like season and stay off the hot seat.

I’m hoping the same down big ten helps us out, but in the same way, I don’t want a down big ten be the reason we extend CBJ’s timeline. I hope CBJ earns it rather than gets a few cheap wins. Unfortunately the noncon didn’t give us much to judge this year.

Only caught the last few minutes of the 1st half of the Michigan-Penn State game. Don’t think either team scored in the last few minutes.
37-27 Michigan up

Penn State recently took their first lead against Michigan at the Palestra, up 51-49 after being down by about 14 or so at one point in the first half.

Penn State hits another 3 to go up 54-49. I feel like we probably want Michigan to win, as much as it matters at this point.

I'll also say the Palestra sounds pretty loud for Penn State. I wonder if they get more fans here in Philadelphia than they do in State College.

Agreed. Storr was a big pick up and he’s settled into their system compared to early in the year, but I still don’t think this roster is strong. He and essegian will be an interesting class for the next couple of years though. This year I think they run their typical low floor system, which will look amazing in a down big ten. They will likely start hot against the lower half of big ten but I don’t think they win more than one or two games in March. We’ll see.

I also don’t put too much stock into the MSU win since they were down at the time, or the Marquette win since I think they are a touch overrated and Shaka hasn’t figured out how to beat wisco yet. Personally, I want to see change at Wisco (I’m a wisco native and got my MS there) because I think their ceiling is lower under Gard than Bo, so of course Gard will have another 2019-2020 like season and stay off the hot seat.

I’m hoping the same down big ten helps us out, but in the same way, I don’t want a down big ten be the reason we extend CBJ’s timeline. I hope CBJ earns it rather than gets a few cheap wins. Unfortunately the noncon didn’t give us much to judge this year.

I know, but he’s only won two first round ncaa tournament games in five tournament years without Bronson Koenig or Nigel Hayes (Bo Ryan recruits and stars).

Wins over #9 UNC, #14 Colgate
Losses to #12 Oregon, #1 Baylor, #11 Iowa state

He also lost one locker room so badly the secretly recorded him in hopes to get him ousted. They’ve been steady in conference, but the stature and ceiling of that program has been on a decline since 2015.

Top Bottom