2022-23 Gopher Half Glass Full Discussion

I truly believe had Ihnen and Fox not hurt for the season that was an NIT at worst
So what would be different? Which of the fr would’ve sat for II and pf? Still integrating new players, correct? That’s an excuse.

So what would be different? Which of the fr would’ve sat for II and pf? Still integrating new players, correct? That’s an excuse.
I’m talking about last years team you clown. Follow the discussion. Last years team lacked depth and some size. Both of those two provided that. Not excusing Jack squat from last years team just sharing an opinion if they were able to play.

To take your stupid bait for this season, having II and Fox this year would've added more experienced players for one which doesn’t hurt in college hoops. Fox would’ve added defensively and on rebounding. Ihnen is tough to gauge because the last time we saw him, he was still raw, but he was also rebounding well offensively and had improved defensively as a sophomore. Thompson and Henley wouldn’t have started if they were healthy.

One was a setter the other is a settee. Not sure Battle can flourish without a competent point guard. Hope he can, just not sure he can.
I know the difference between them. The conversation was about someone taking over a game. Being a PG isn’t a requirement for that to happen.

The glass half full for me is this year the Gophers have made a commitment to developing a young nucleus that we can watch in the coming years. Supplement with three first year players next year and at least on paper you have seven guys that in theory are at minimum rotation players (possibly more) and should be the focus of this regime moving forward. Then use the transfer portal to plug holes, not build your roster like year one. Lose now with a goal in mind to develop your future.

I know the difference between them. The conversation was about someone taking over a game. Being a PG isn’t a requirement for that to happen.
Do you think Battle us a good one on one player?

Just watched the women's bb win 98 to 96 in 2 overtime. Exciting game. I believe they made around 22 out of 28 free throws...so men it can be done.

Do you think Battle us a good one on one player?
I think it’s something he’s worked on developing and can be. That is again why I replied to a post that said “yet” which was in response to an earlier post that said “We don’t have a guy like Willis that can take over games”.

I’m talking about last years team you clown. Follow the discussion. Last years team lacked depth and some size. Both of those two provided that. Not excusing Jack squat from last years team just sharing an opinion if they were able to play.

To take your stupid bait for this season, having II and Fox this year would've added more experienced players for one which doesn’t hurt in college hoops. Fox would’ve added defensively and on rebounding. Ihnen is tough to gauge because the last time we saw him, he was still raw, but he was also rebounding well offensively and had improved defensively as a sophomore. Thompson and Henley wouldn’t have started if they were healthy.
There’s no bait, everything is bait and clown when you don’t agree. Ihnen was/is a huge unknown. As is fox. Meshing them is the same as meshing the new players this year, just with their own prior experience.
Protection of cbj on overload.

There’s no bait, everything is bait and clown when you don’t agree.
No it’s bait and clown with you because you aren’t discussing or following the conversation. At least BarnBurner can stay on topic. I come on here to talk hoops with people. I actually enjoy the discussions with people I don’t agree with because it’s an opportunity to learn. I don’t need to come here and get validation for my ideas/opinions.
Ihnen was/is a huge unknown. As is fox. Meshing them is the same as meshing the new players this year, just with their own prior experience.
Protection of cbj on overload.
Unknown to the extent they’d provide better rebounding and defense? Sure. You asked what they’d bring and I answered. Don’t ask if you don’t want an answer.

No it’s bait and clown with you because you aren’t discussing or following the conversation. At least BarnBurner can stay on topic. I come on here to talk hoops with people. I actually enjoy the discussions with people I don’t agree with because it’s an opportunity to learn. I don’t need to come here and get validation for my ideas/opinions.

Unknown to the extent they’d provide better rebounding and defense? Sure. You asked what they’d bring and I answered. Don’t ask if you don’t want an answer.
In order to learn you have to be open to others line of thinking. You fail there, as you already know everything. You don’t need any validation, again, as you know everything.

Unknown as in ihnen playing “guard”. Unknown as in fox playing in the big 10. Unknown as in integrating into an entirely new team. But you are the all knowing guru.

In order to learn you have to be open to others line of thinking. You fail there, as you already know everything. You don’t need any validation, again, as you know everything.
I’ve never seen you agree or offer an agreement to someone you’ve disagreed with. I do it quite often. For the sake of the board though. I’ll let you respond and have the last word. This place has become a cesspool. I’ll miss real discussions with many on here, but it’s not worth it anymore and I’m not a huge ignore people guy on a public forum. You can own this place Crappie.
Unknown as in ihnen playing “guard”. Unknown as in fox playing in the big 10. Unknown as in integrating into an entirely new team. But you are the all knowing guru.
Not a guru. Coached basketball for over 15 years. Have had the pleasure to have many friends who still are in coaching at all levels currently. Of course what I think isn’t 100% correct but I do get information and it helps guide my opinion just like every other human being.

Just watched the women's bb win 98 to 96 in 2 overtime. Exciting game. I believe they made around 22 out of 28 free throws...so men it can be done.
Give me a smaller basketball and let me shoot free throws. 😏

Yes, a person can improve their free throw shooting and it is frustrating to watch so many clink off. As Edward Grimsly used to say "It's positively mental."

You, then, should pay attention.
The cesspool is simply having a pessimistic attitude toward cbj and his progress thus far. It’s created nearly every time someone disagrees with a former coach, such as yourself.

Call on the score today?

The schedule isn't doing them any favors? I hope you mean the upcoming Big Ten games...because our schedule so far has been fairly soft.
I was referring to the schedule immediately ahead not doing them any favors. They may very well start playing better but the results may be more likely to be Ls due to the step up in competition. I am not a fan of B1G games starting before the noncon portion of the schedule is done.

It took a little over a page before this thread veered seriously off course. I will give the benefit of the doubt and presume that some posters didn't read the thread title or the first post in the thread which outlined the purpose of the thread.

I will restate it here... this is a thread to discuss some of the positives that we see in the program, games, or players. While constructive discussion is welcome and encouraged, I beg you all to focus on the positive developments. Every other thread has become a cesspool of negative and contrarian comments.

I understand that some of you believe that Johnson and the coaching staff are imbeciles and that our players are certified stiffs. Unfortunately for you, we are stuck with this lot for the rest of the year. We have 23 games left in the season to build towards the future. Can I please have this one thread where we can discuss these positive steps only?

It is hard to say after a 19 point loss with such a rebounding disparity but I saw several positives out of this game.
  • They didn't back down and I didn't see any quit.
  • The frosh all showed flashes of talent. All had some nice aggressive moves to the basket.
  • Cooper looked better. He had some nice outside shots and also drove to the basket leading to a couple of buckets of his own and some assists.
  • Samuels played with a little more poise.
  • Battle seems to be getting back into rhythm.
I look forward to Thursday when we can see if they can improve further at home.

It is hard to say after a 19 point loss with such a rebounding disparity but I saw several positives out of this game.
  • They didn't back down and I didn't see any quit.
  • The frosh all showed flashes of talent. All had some nice aggressive moves to the basket.
  • Cooper looked better. He had some nice outside shots and also drove to the basket leading to a couple of buckets of his own and some assists.
  • Samuels played with a little more poise.
  • Battle seems to be getting back into rhythm.
I look forward to Thursday when we can see if they can improve further at home.
Certainly the best they've played the past 3 games. @Purdue is the toughest game on the schedule so I guess it's all downhill from here.

Do we need this in every thread? I swear there's more St. Thomas talk here than at St. Thomas.
OK the Gophers rank last in the B1G the next lowest B1G school ranks 114th. On a positive note I believe the Gophers ranking will continue to improve through the year.

This thread feels like the one where we have to say something good about Iowa.
Or like we're getting ready to fire the coaching staff and just went to send them on their way with a shred of confidence.... cesspool!

This thread feels like the one where we have to say something good about Iowa.
That might be more fun...

The Gophers are close to overtaking Georgetown for 78th place among high majors on t-rank...
There are ACC and PAC12 teams that would finish behind MN were they in the B1G...
Defensive rebounding has "improved" to 344th place....

Top Bottom