2021 Senior Bowl: News, notes and highlights from Day 3

Dillon Radunz Becker MN voted practice player of the week in mobile.

There is also an OL from Wisconsin-Whitewater (DIII top program) that is doing well at Center ... someone just posted that story on GH as well.

Good for them!

The full Senior Bowl Game:

Cox matching up vs Radunz for several plays on the 1st drive, fun to see. Along with Lance all 3 former Bison expected to be gone by day 2 in the draft.

Is Wentz the most over-hyped player of the last 10 years? He has to be.

Definitely way overhyped and didn't come close to expectations. Now some poor team is going to fall on the Lance bomb this year.

No one cares.
If NDSU gets a football only invite to the Mountain West, they could turn out to be to the Big Ten's western schools something like what Boise is to the PAC's northwestern schools.

They can't compete on an institutional or budget level. But on the football field, they can be somewhat relevant.

I have no problem with it. Especially if it gives more Minnesota high school players that aren't Big Ten/Big XII level recruits, more chances to play at the FBS level.

About players from MN that are day 1 and 2 NFL draft prospects, playing in the Senior Bowl in a Senior Bowl thread? OK grumpy old man, get off my lawn guy.
😀

If NDSU gets a football only invite to the Mountain West, they could turn out to be to the Big Ten's western schools something like what Boise is to the PAC's northwestern schools.

They can't compete on an institutional or budget level. But on the football field, they can be somewhat relevant.

I have no problem with it. Especially if it gives more Minnesota high school players that aren't Big Ten/Big XII level recruits, more chances to play at the FBS level.

You have no problem with it, really? Thanks for your permission for NDSU have college football, to put players into the nfl. What the hell difference does it make what conf they are in?

What the hell difference does it make what conf they are in?
If the player is good enough, it won't matter to the NFL. If NDSU finally goes up to FBS, where they should be, they possibly may attract higher talent which leads to them putting more players in the NFL. We'll see

One funny line I read today:
"St. Juste transferred to Minnesota before the 2019 season after being encouraged to medically retire from football by Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh"
and now he is going to be drafted, like in the top 4 rounds. I'm glad he left Michigan and is making a career for himself. Goes to show college coaches don't necessarily have your best interests in mind.

"St. Juste transferred to Minnesota before the 2019 season after being encouraged to medically retire from football by Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh"
and now he is going to be drafted, like in the top 4 rounds. I'm glad he left Michigan and is making a career for himself. Goes to show college coaches don't necessarily have your best interests in mind.

Seems that could be used in recruiting, though I don’t think PJ would recruit that way...

Wow. Is this saying Harbaugh was something like "crap he tore his ACL. Well, we don't have time for that. I don't want to waste our time and resources rehabbing him. This is Michigan, we have another 4/5* guy waiting behind him, next man up." ?

Wow. Is this saying Harbaugh was something like "crap he tore his ACL. Well, we don't have time for that. I don't want to waste our time and resources rehabbing him. This is Michigan, we have another 4/5* guy waiting behind him, next man up." ?
No St. Juste hamstrings were pretty much completely healthy but the Michigan medical staff didn't clear him anyways, forcing a medical retirement, or in this case, a transfer from Michigan. He got cleared immediately when he came to Minnesota.

If the player is good enough, it won't matter to the NFL. If NDSU finally goes up to FBS, where they should be, they possibly may attract higher talent which leads to them putting more players in the NFL. We'll see
Yes, if they were in the MWC, they would be a good OOC option for B1G west teams.

Make it happen.
Would love to see it. MWC has never taken an FCS team and does not see NDSU on its level it seems. NDSU would likely need to go Indy for 3 years to then get more serious consideration. FBS Indy is a risky prop for scheduling with no ability to compete in a conf, no conf tv money. Would need to be football only, with FB spending going from 6-10 million minimum to start, and another 1.5 for women’s sports. Someday it will happen, has to or program will decline.

Seems that could be used in recruiting, though I don’t think PJ would recruit that way...

Word must get around that the Gophers can enhance ones' second chance NFL prospects. Transfer Portal is Gopher Country.

Would love to see it. MWC has never taken an FCS team and does not see NDSU on its level it seems. NDSU would likely need to go Indy for 3 years to then get more serious consideration. FBS Indy is a risky prop for scheduling with no ability to compete in a conf, no conf tv money. Would need to be football only, with FB spending going from 6-10 million minimum to start, and another 1.5 for women’s sports. Someday it will happen, has to or program will decline.
MWC has 11 full members and Hawaii football.

If Boise, San Diego, and/or Air Force (and/or BYU) put football-only in the American, I can see Boise and/or Air Force staying for non-football sports while San Diego would look at the Big West.

There aren't going to be a ton of options to add football teams, to replace those lost, that are reasonable fits in the western region outside of: New Mexico St, Texas-El Paso (in Mountain timezone), or any potential Big Sky football move ups (Montana has always been talked about, while Idaho was in FBS not too long ago and maybe could change their mind, but no idea how likely that is). Then you have NDSU as an option that could make a lot of sense, plus being in the Central timezeon.

All wild speculation.

Top Bottom