2020-21 Schedule

The important thing here is that the Big Ten plays as many non con games as possible and does well to establish this is clearly the best conference in the country.

It would be awful if that didn’t happen and according the the metrics, a 10-10 Big Ten record counted the same as a 10-10 record for any other conference.

As long as that happens, I’m ok with having a rough schedule as long our wins count as quality wins and our losses are considered good losses, it will all even out even if we do slip up a bit in conference.
Unless the selection committee goes full college football playoff and just ignores everything but the “eye test”

That Big Ten/ACC Challenge is going to be pretty huge in establishing the strength of our conference. I'm not sure how NET metrics will look this year with limited non conference games making each Big Ten win even more important.

Minn covid regulations say the team can only play one other team in a 3-day period, so they cancelled NDSU and got a waiver to play LMU twice, instead.

https://www.startribune.com/gophers...twice-not-ndsu-dissolving-mte-plan/573185581/

The Gophers men’s basketball team will play Loyola Marymount twice to replace a matchup with North Dakota State as part of its multi-team event Saturday and Monday at Williams Arena, a source told the Star Tribune.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions in Minnesota, the Gophers are now only allowed to play one opponent during a three-day span at home.

LMU was originally scheduled to play the Gophers in the MTE in Minneapolis. But NDSU recently had expected to replace Eastern Washington in the event.

Loyola Marymount is led by first-year coach Stan Johnson, who replaced Mike Dunlap after the team finished 11-21 in his sixth season. The Lions return 6-foot-6, 245-pound senior Eli Scott, who averaged 15.4 points and 6.6 rebounds. Scott played at Chino Hills High School in California with the Ball brothers, Lonzo and LaMelo.

Johnson, a former Marquette assistant, is familiar with Minnesota since he helped the Golden Eagles sign former Prior Lake five-star big man Dawson Garcia, now a freshman.

Johnson's first big recruiting get at LMU was convincing 7-3 Swedish center Mattias Markusson to return to the program. Minnesota, Louisville and San Diego State were also finalists for Markusson when he entered the transfer portal in the spring.

Thanks for the explanation! I like to know something about the opposing team so, in this case, after just playing them the first time, I will know something about them for the second time.

Minn covid regulations say the team can only play one other team in a 3-day period, so they cancelled NDSU and got a waiver to play LMU twice, instead.

https://www.startribune.com/gophers...twice-not-ndsu-dissolving-mte-plan/573185581/

The Gophers men’s basketball team will play Loyola Marymount twice to replace a matchup with North Dakota State as part of its multi-team event Saturday and Monday at Williams Arena, a source told the Star Tribune.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions in Minnesota, the Gophers are now only allowed to play one opponent during a three-day span at home.

LMU was originally scheduled to play the Gophers in the MTE in Minneapolis. But NDSU recently had expected to replace Eastern Washington in the event.

Loyola Marymount is led by first-year coach Stan Johnson, who replaced Mike Dunlap after the team finished 11-21 in his sixth season. The Lions return 6-foot-6, 245-pound senior Eli Scott, who averaged 15.4 points and 6.6 rebounds. Scott played at Chino Hills High School in California with the Ball brothers, Lonzo and LaMelo.

Johnson, a former Marquette assistant, is familiar with Minnesota since he helped the Golden Eagles sign former Prior Lake five-star big man Dawson Garcia, now a freshman.

Johnson's first big recruiting get at LMU was convincing 7-3 Swedish center Mattias Markusson to return to the program. Minnesota, Louisville and San Diego State were also finalists for Markusson when he entered the transfer portal in the spring.

Stan Johnson also played his college ball at Bemidji State and got his coaching start there. Keeping up with the covid scheduling is gonna be annoying and crazy.

I know some touched on this, but how many times do we expect to be on B1G+? Is that only for live tv or will that be the only opportunity to watch the game? I'm trying to decide if I want to get the pass or not.

Stan Johnson also played his college ball at Bemidji State and got his coaching start there. Keeping up with the covid scheduling is gonna be annoying and crazy.

I know some touched on this, but how many times do we expect to be on B1G+? Is that only for live tv or will that be the only opportunity to watch the game? I'm trying to decide if I want to get the pass or not.
I don't remember any conference games being on there. The non conference ones might be (doubting St. Louis and BC won't be).

Gamecast on my phone is usually enough against teams like LMU.

I don't remember any conference games being on there. The non conference ones might be (doubting St. Louis and BC won't be).

Gamecast on my phone is usually enough against teams like LMU.

Yeah I just read in another thread too that the monthly pass seems like a reasonable option. I didn't remember any conference games not being on regular BTN as well.

Yeah I just read in another thread too that the monthly pass seems like a reasonable option. I didn't remember any conference games not being on regular BTN as well.
Think I've also heard that people have had minor problems with BTN + like it not loading games right, you'll miss starts, etc. I think I'll always avoid it unless there is a big time non conference game on there or something.

Think I've also heard that people have had minor problems with BTN + like it not loading games right, you'll miss starts, etc. I think I'll always avoid it unless there is a big time non conference game on there or something.
Im pretty sure last night was the only game on btn+. The production value was actually not terrible lol. I also liked the fact there was no commercials so there was always a camera view on the court even when nothing was going on. If it were under normal circumstances, it would have been fun to get that view on the things you typically miss on tv.

Im pretty sure last night was the only game on btn+. The production value was actually not terrible lol. I also liked the fact there was no commercials so there was always a camera view on the court even when nothing was going on. If it were under normal circumstances, it would have been fun to get that view on the things you typically miss on tv.
Standing around? Drinking water? In a huddle with a coach furiously drawing on a whiteboard? :cool:

Top Bottom