2020-2021 Lineup Breakdown

I am with the science. Don't accept filtered data. Find out for yourself so you don't get duped- as with global warming.
Agreed ... Actual Data ALWAYS beats assumptive models and ptedictions

I am with the science. Don't accept filtered data. Find out for yourself so you don't get duped- as with global warming.

How can a guy with such insightful takes on Gopher Hoops equate auto fatalities to an infectious disease and then deny global warming? BGA is a paradox.

Global warming raises its ugly head in the line up thread...pathetic

Back to basketball. With recent NCAA opinion, do we need to start planning the lineup without Peterson? I think we are going to get Robbins eligible.

If no Peterson...

Big
Carr
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson
Robbins

Smaller
Carr
Gabe
Williams
Johnson
Robbins

Smaller yet at times

Carr
Mash
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson

Back to basketball. With recent NCAA opinion, do we need to start planning the lineup without Peterson? I think we are going to get Robbins eligible.

If no Peterson...

Big
Carr
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson
Robbins

Smaller
Carr
Gabe
Williams
Johnson
Robbins

Smaller yet at times

Carr
Mash
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson

All three will probably happen. Curry is the wild-card for the Big lineups. Hummel fared ok when coming back from back-to-back ACLs at Purdue. Hoping the same for Curry.

If no Peterson...

Big
Carr
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson
Robbins

Smaller
Carr
Gabe
Williams
Johnson
Robbins

Smaller yet at times

Carr
Mash
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson

I really think Peterson's waiver is more likely to get approved than Robbins. That being said I see both happening.

W/ Robbins and Peterson
Carr
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson
Robbins

Bench
Mash
Peterson
Curry
Omersa

W/ Peterson and no Robbins
Carr
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson
Curry/Omersa

Bench
Mash
Peterson
Curry/Omersa
Mitchell?

W/ Robbins and no Peterson
Carr
Gabe
Ihnen
Johnson
Robbins

Bench
Mash
Curry
Omersa
Greenlee?

I think we are going to get Robbins eligible.
Because his uncle, that didn't raise him, is a coach here?

About the flimsiest excuse one could muster. Regardless, I hope they both get waivers.

He's moving closer to home during a pandemic. Robbins is moving farther away.

Gotcha. Robbins might be further from his hometown, but he will still be around family more at Minnesota than he would have been at Drake or Iowa. Most of his time will be spent around the team, and having 2 family members on the team can ease anxiety. I hear what you're saying, but I still think Robbins' excuse makes more sense.

the only logical plan for Pitino - at this time - is to prepare as if he will NOT have Peterson or Robbins.

Expecting the NCAA to do the right thing or the logical thing is hopeless. Self-interest aside, as I read the rules, neither Peterson or Robbins qualifies as a hardship case. That is for things like moving home because Mom or Dad is dying, or something of that ilk. Wanting to play ball for your uncle is not the same thing.

so, you have to plan for the next season as if neither player is available. if one gets a waiver, great. If they both get waivers, double great. but you can't build a plan around it. Because if they don't get waivers, then you are hosed.

In other words, unless the U of MN's luck with the NCAA suddenly improves.......expect a lot of "small ball" next season.

That is for things like moving home because Mom or Dad is dying, or something of that ilk. Wanting to play ball for your uncle is not the same thing.

True, but there is far more to it than that. Much more complicated situation, as you know.

Top Bottom