2019 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Did I hear correctly that this was Cousins' best game of the year statistically? Or the best statistical game of his tenure here? And Bridgewater still outperformed him statistically yesterday.
Don't know. Don't care. The only numbers that matter are those on the scoreboard when the clock hits 0:00 in the last quarter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Right now, this Vikings team looks to me to be in about the same position as last season, which is "maybe a playoff team." It's easy to go on the weekly rollercoaster, depending on if they win or lose that weekend, but that's how they appear to me.

bottlebass

Main Member
Vikes are mediocre. They will beat bad teams and struggle against good teams. Another 8-8 or 9-7 season, crappy draft pick and repeat next year...

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Vikes are mediocre. They will beat bad teams and struggle against good teams. Another 8-8 or 9-7 season, crappy draft pick and repeat next year...
I don't bet many games but yesterday was easy money; Zimmer against a rookie QB. No contest, barring an elite defense from the opponent, which certainly isn't the case with the Giants.

gophersfan

Nice win today for the Vikings. Cousiins with 4 td passes and Diggs with 3 td REC. Vikings win 38-20. Zach Browns of the Eagles trash talk about Kirk Cousins and it backfire. hahaha.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Nice win today for the Vikings. Cousiins with 4 td passes and Diggs with 3 td REC. Vikings win 38-20. Zach Browns of the Eagles trash talk about Kirk Cousins and it backfire. hahaha.
So at home we can beat "decent" teams.

Just don't give the Vikings a nationally televised game or a game against a winning team.

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
So at home we can beat "decent" teams.

Just don't give the Vikings a nationally televised game or a game against a winning team.
The Eagles came in with a winning record. The Vikings also dominated the Giants on the road, so I'm not sure what your "at home" comment was about.

The Vikings haven't beat a winning team since the playoff win against New Orleans.
False. See above. Without even looking, I am guessing the Vikings also had multiple wins over .500+ teams in 2018.

BleedGopher

Administrator
Shama: Don’t Expect Stefon Diggs Trade Now

The NFL trade deadline is October 29 but there seems zero chance the Vikings will move Stefon Diggs between now and then. Diggs has been mentioned nationally in trade rumors as recently as yesterday when he had 167 receiving yards and three touchdown receptions in the Vikings’ 38-20 win over the Eagles.

Diggs created controversy by skipping practices and meetings earlier this month, and was reportedly fined more than $200,000. The fifth-year wide receiver wanted to be a bigger part of an offense that was struggling with its passing game. Maybe his disgruntlement prompted opening things up the last two Sundays, including yesterday when Diggs not only caught seven passes (he dropped two) but ran the ball twice for 18 yards.

Before Sunday’s win Billswire.usatoday.com posted a story saying Good Morning Football Weekend host Michael Robinson speculated a Diggs trade was the most likely involving an NFL star before the October 29 deadline. The 4-1 Bills are chasing the 6-0 Patriots in the AFC East Division.

“They need another number one receiver,” Robinson said. “Zay Jones (wide receiver traded to the Raiders) has just got out of there. So I’m telling you, go get Stefon Diggs. He could be the piece, the secret piece to beat the New England Patriots.”

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Skol Vikes!!

The refs hand the Packers a win they don't deserve with several terrible calls.
awful, Awful, AWFUL reffing last night. Everyone is remembering the two nonexistent penalties for hands to the face, but don't forget the blatant uncalled pass interference on Detroit's last drive of the night. Let's do whatever possible to gift-wrap the victory for the Packers...

howeda7

awful, Awful, AWFUL reffing last night. Everyone is remembering the two nonexistent penalties for hands to the face, but don't forget the blatant uncalled pass interference on Detroit's last drive of the night. Let's do whatever possible to gift-wrap the victory for the Packers...
Yes. But at least the Lions could have challenged that and didn't (because it wasn't blatant enough to get overturned.) But the hands to face calls were just awful and both probably cost the Lions the game. Why is that not reviewable?

Just give every team 2 renewable challenges and let everything be reviewable. Eliminate all booth reviews for scoring plays, TO's, last two minutes. If you used your challenges/time-outs, you're SOL. Let them know that holding etc. will only be overturned in the most extreme cases, so don't bother challenging that. (Teams already have that message on PI.)

Last edited:

gophersfan

Vikings 42-30 win today. Cousins with 4 td passes. Nice running by Cook. Defense didn't show up today at all.

Last edited:

howeda7

Vikings 42-30 win today. Cousins with 3 td passes. Nice running by Cook. Defense didn't show up today at all.
4 TD passes for Cousins. First time he's ever done that in back-to-back weeks. Especially impressive without Thielen for most of the game.

GophersInIowa

Ugly game but will take a win during a short week. But why do they keep running TE screens to Rudolph when they just drafted an athletic TE? Makes no sense to me.

Latest profile posts