2016 Seat Adjustment Process

No "damage" has been done from my perspective... I have renewed for 2016 and will renew again next year, regardless of whether or not the donations increase (as planned) for next year.

From my perspective you or someone else will need to buy two more season tix to make up for the two I dropped.

imagine if the U were to decide to not adjust prices upward in 2017 but folks anticipating the 2017 increased opted out in 2016. those who dropped out might be a touch owly.

Looks like zone 9 just got moved up to start tomorrow.

imagine if the U were to decide to not adjust prices upward in 2017 but folks anticipating the 2017 increased opted out in 2016. those who dropped out might be a touch owly.

People who act prematurely because they're afraid of something that may or may not happen deserve whatever punishment they have coming to them.

From my perspective you or someone else will need to buy two more season tix to make up for the two I dropped.

Actually, I did already add 2 additional seats to my package. I also upgraded to a better zone this year. So just go away, TROLL!

I hope that is the direction Coyle decides to go.

IMO, it would be easier to entice and welcome the "departed" back into the fold than find new customers. But it all depends on how much success marketing can have with newbies buying up the available ST spots.

More ST's holders, add me to the group, could opt out in 2017 in favor of the two game packages which are appealing and a good option to consider.

Actually, I did already add 2 additional seats to my package. I also upgraded to a better zone this year. So just go away, TROLL!

I dropped two of four so you're a wash. You're going to really need to ramp up the number of season tix you're buying to account for the thousands of others who have and are dropping. In the mean time, sorry but you're stuck with me. Nice try though.

IMO, it would be easier to entice and welcome the "departed" back into the fold than find new customers. But it all depends on how much success marketing can have with newbies buying up the available ST spots.

More ST's holders, add me to the group, could opt out in 2017 in favor of the two game packages which are appealing and a good option to consider.

Once you lose a customer it is very difficult to bring them back into the fold. That said, I agree they need to try because I highly doubt they're going to find a lot of new fans with current tix prices and all the competition out there for limited entertainment spending. Even if they freeze tix prices moving forward, bringing back previous customers is going to be a significant challenge for a number of reasons. For one thing, the current pricing is already too high for those who dropped their tix. So unless the U is going to reduce tix prices, I doubt many would come back even if they freeze prices at today’s rate.

Another problematic issue is seating. Most fans would want/expect to get their previous seats or better without paying more than they had at the time they dropped their tix. How well do you think it's going to go over with fans if you tell them "Hey, we want you back. We can give you worse seats if you want to pay the current price or we can upgrade you in better seats if you want to pay more."

This is not going to be easy.

I dropped two of four so you're a wash. You're going to really need to ramp up the number of season tix you're buying to account for the thousands of others who have and are dropping. In the mean time, sorry but you're stuck with me. Nice try though.

By now, most people on this board know you are a troll and ignore you. So, if you really don't have a life and want to continue wasting your time, by all means, feel free to continue trolling. You are so sad, "Billy" ...

By now, most people on this board know you are a troll and ignore you. So, if you really don't have a life and want to continue wasting your time, by all means, feel free to continue trolling. You are so sad, "Billy" ...

This is why I like you so much. "Buddy"

Choosing or dropping season tickets for any reason does make one a good or bad person.
Despite what the angry one thinks or hopes were will be no punishment meted out.
Perhaps the angry one will make those who do not renew to take the walk of shame down University Ave.
The availability of tickets on game day for any game is a certainty if the past is any clue to the future.
Or the two pack and a hot dog may resume for most games.

Got the upgrade call today and tell me I didn't make a mistake. We moved from the friendly fun section (103) to the fancy section (105).

My group of 8 wouldn't come me back if the final increase was dropped. They've moved on to other entertainment. My wife and I didn't want to attend all the games by ourselves so we went a different direction as new Vikings tix holders. Sure more money, but now we have a new group splitting 2 seats amongst 4 couples.

My group of 8 wouldn't come me back if the final increase was dropped. They've moved on to other entertainment. My wife and I didn't want to attend all the games by ourselves so we went a different direction as new Vikings tix holders. Sure more money, but now we have a new group splitting 2 seats amongst 4 couples.

I’d suggest the U send out a letter to past season tix holders that would read something to this effect:

Dear Go4fan,

We f’up royally. I mean ROYALLY. There is no easy way to say this but our ill-conceived tix pricing scheme backfired and burned all the hair right off our sorry azzes over here at the U. We were lucky that a few season tix holders like MNGG1 were dumb enough to hang on to them and pay the higher prices; however, you were one of the smart ones and boy, there are a lot more smart people than we had bargained for when we decided to do this.

We are desperate to get you back and here’s what we plan to do in the longest of long shots in hopes of you getting you back. First, we are going to drop season ticket prices to last year’s level. This will represent a one-year increase that voids last and next year’s increases. Second, we are going to try and put you in your same or comparable seats when you understandably left us standing at the curb. What’s more, we will credit your gopher points as if you never gave up your season tix in the first place. We will also put your name in a drawing for the opportunity to b!tch slap Eric Kaler at halftime of the season opener since he is the one who signed off on all of this in the first place.

I realize we are in no position to ask you back given the dumpster fire that has been U of M athletics over past several years but like you, I had nothing to do with it. With your help, I truly believe we can finally get the U to finally wise up and put this fire out once and for all. Please help us to extinguish it.

Sincerely,

Mark Coyle

I've had 2 season tickets every year since the Gophers have been in TCF. This year it was going to cost $990 for the 2 tickets and I decided to pass. I got a call from the ticket office and learned that through the You Pick 2 promotion I could get 2 tickets for 5 games in the same section or better for $430. Pretty sure I can get tickets for the remaining 2 games (Iowa and Rutgers) for significantly less than $560. The U has screwed this up so badly that there is no reason to get season tickets when you can buy tickets for the individual games for almost half the cost.

And some of us want to support our University and have continued to hold on to our season tickets.

And some of us want to support our University and have continued to hold on to our season tickets.

Weird comment. I am a season ticket holder. But I don't think I'm better than someone who chooses not to retain their tickets for any number of reasons.

Weird comment. I am a season ticket holder. But I don't think I'm better than someone who chooses not to retain their tickets for any number of reasons.

I'm a season ticket holder as well. I don't think I'm better than someone who chooses not to retain their tickets. I do know, however, that I'm better than someone who gives up their season tickets, goes on a Gopher fan board to brag about it, and then expects to be congratulated for it.

[/QUOTE]Dear Go4fan,

We f’up royally. I mean ROYALLY. There is no easy way to say this but our ill-conceived tix pricing scheme backfired and burned all the hair right off our sorry azzes over here at the U. We were lucky that a few season tix holders like MNGG1 were dumb enough to hang on to them and pay the higher prices; however, you were one of the smart ones and boy, there are a lot more smart people than we had bargained for when we decided to do this.

We are desperate to get you back and here’s what we plan to do in the longest of long shots in hopes of you getting you back. First, we are going to drop season ticket prices to last year’s level. This will represent a one-year increase that voids last and next year’s increases. Second, we are going to try and put you in your same or comparable seats when you understandably left us standing at the curb. What’s more, we will credit your gopher points as if you never gave up your season tix in the first place. We will also put your name in a drawing for the opportunity to b!tch slap Eric Kaler at halftime of the season opener since he is the one who signed off on all of this in the first place.

I realize we are in no position to ask you back given the dumpster fire that has been U of M athletics over past several years but like you, I had nothing to do with it. With your help, I truly believe we can finally get the U to finally wise up and put this fire out once and for all. Please help us to extinguish it.

Sincerely,

Mark Coyle[/QUOTE]

typical victim mentality

I'm a season ticket holder as well. I don't think I'm better than someone who chooses not to retain their tickets. I do know, however, that I'm better than someone who gives up their season tickets, goes on a Gopher fan board to brag about it, and then expects to be congratulated for it.

Clearly you need some acknowledgement for your righteousness. Hopefully this makes you feel better:

"We f’up royally. I mean ROYALLY. There is no easy way to say this but our ill-conceived tix pricing scheme backfired and burned all the hair right off our sorry azzes over here at the U. We were lucky that a few season tix holders like MNGG1 and dope68 were dumb enough to hang on to them and pay the higher prices; however, you were one of the smart ones and boy, there are a lot more smart people than we had bargained for when we decided to do this."

Clearly you need some acknowledgement for your righteousness. Hopefully this makes you feel better:

"We f’up royally. I mean ROYALLY. There is no easy way to say this but our ill-conceived tix pricing scheme backfired and burned all the hair right off our sorry azzes over here at the U. We were lucky that a few season tix holders like MNGG1 and dope68 were dumb enough to hang on to them and pay the higher prices; however, you were one of the smart ones and boy, there are a lot more smart people than we had bargained for when we decided to do this."

Nope, I don't need any acknowledgement at all. I'm not the one coming on here to brag about how I gave up my season tickets and looking for pats on the back.

Fine. I'll stay out of it:

"We f’up royally. I mean ROYALLY. There is no easy way to say this but our ill-conceived tix pricing scheme backfired and burned all the hair right off our sorry azzes over here at the U. We were lucky that a few season tix holders like dope68 were dumb enough to hang on to them and pay the higher prices; however, you were one of the smart ones and boy, there are a lot more smart people than we had bargained for when we decided to do this."

Fine. I'll stay out of it:

"We f’up royally. I mean ROYALLY. There is no easy way to say this but our ill-conceived tix pricing scheme backfired and burned all the hair right off our sorry azzes over here at the U. We were lucky that a few season tix holders like dope68 were dumb enough to hang on to them and pay the higher prices; however, you were one of the smart ones and boy, there are a lot more smart people than we had bargained for when we decided to do this."

So desperate for attention

I've had 2 season tickets every year since the Gophers have been in TCF. This year it was going to cost $990 for the 2 tickets and I decided to pass. I got a call from the ticket office and learned that through the You Pick 2 promotion I could get 2 tickets for 5 games in the same section or better for $430. Pretty sure I can get tickets for the remaining 2 games (Iowa and Rutgers) for significantly less than $560. The U has screwed this up so badly that there is no reason to get season tickets when you can buy tickets for the individual games for almost half the cost.

This is the main issue here. Sure, there's a benefit to having the same seats each week, knowing some of the people around you, and being able to accrue a Gopher score (if that means anything to that certain person). But when the above scenario can happen, and at such a dramatic price difference, it really makes it hard to justify season tickets to some people. It's great to be able to reel people in with that promotion and fill as many seats as possible, but then there needs to be a bigger benefit for people buying season seats.

I don't mean to say the people deserve something additional, as those season tickets holders (like myself) know full well the price up front; but to reel more people in, the U needs to show prospective season ticket holders that it's more beneficial to buy the whole year instead of grabbing tickets to an occasional game here and there.

I am going to attend the Gopher Road Trip in Owatonna tommorrow and ask Mark Coyle his thoughts on the "donation" seating and how it may be a disaster next couple years. I'll report back with his response.

So where you able to talk to him?

Top Bottom