Oklahoma and Auburn in Sugar Bowl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michigan and Florida State in Orange Bowl
Western Michigan and Wisconsin in Cotton Bowl
USC and Penn State in Rose Bowl
Oklahoma and Auburn in Sugar Bowl

All sound like fun games.

Because #1 is Alabama and #2 is any of 5 teams. Arguments can be made by all.

IDK. I think they are clearly better than Wash. Also, I tend to believe Mich is better than Wash. Perhaps OU is as well. Bama will roll them like they did UF in the SEC CG.

The goal is to find the best team.

The best team right now is Alabama, and they got that team in.
After that, it's who do you think is next best, and some ask, to find out who is next best, who could be #1.
In this case, the most popular answer to who could beat Alabama is Ohio State.

I think that's been pretty unanimous for a full year now.

Arguing over who is #3, #4, and #5 doesn't really matter. Neither team is #1 or #2 and would have been out either way with the old system.
Unless if you think Penn State should be #2, I really don't give a crap about them.

They matter if you care about excuses

Should USC be in then since they fixed their quarterback situation and beat Washington?
Or should the entire season count?

You are wrong. I am right. Keep it up tho as you're really on a roll.

Did I do that right PE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK. I think they are clearly better than Wash. Also, I tend to believe Mich is better than Wash. Perhaps OU is as well. Bama will roll them like they did UF in the SEC CG.

That could be, but losing 2 out of their last 3 wasn't the way to show it.

Time to go to 8 teams in the playoff, it a shame a team who obviously improved greatly over the course of the season is shutout of the opportunity.

Referring to Mich I take it. I've mentioned that the Iowa loss doomed them. I think they have enough team speed to neutralize the speed of UW but are more physical and would ultimately wear the Cougars down. Edge Mich IMO.

Time to go to 8 teams in the playoff, it a shame a team who obviously improved greatly over the course of the season is shutout of the opportunity.

But why should they be in over a team that has been consistently good ALL year? When you only have 12/13 games to make a case for yourself......you can't be mediocre for half a season and expect to be deserving of one of four playoff spots. Penn State should have no complaints about playing in the Rose Bowl.

It will get to that point in future. Then, people will say same thing that it's a shame Team #9 didn't get in and that it's time to go to 16.

They matter if you care about excuses

Should USC be in then since they fixed their quarterback situation and beat Washington?
Or should the entire season count?

USC has two pac-12 losses. WA has one. So it is not the same argument.

Its arguable which team is better right now and I think USC has improved dramatically similar to PSU. USC appears to be better at the end of the season. This has nothing to do with how they, WA and USC, stack up vs the Big Ten. We do not know.

Referring to Mich I take it. I've mentioned that the Iowa loss doomed them. I think they have enough team speed to neutralize the speed of UW but are more physical and would ultimately wear the Cougars down. Edge Mich IMO.

Cougars? I assume you are referring to the Washington Huskies. Using common opponent Colorado.....Washington looked MUCH better than Michigan.

But why should they be in over a team that has been consistently good ALL year? When you only have 12/13 games to make a case for yourself......you can't be mediocre for half a season and expect to be deserving of one of four playoff spots. Penn State should have no complaints about playing in the Rose Bowl.

Playing USC in the Rose Bowl is a dream season, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is college football where you're working with 18-23 year old young adults. Michigan has the oldest team in the country and was expected to be good. Penn State is young, developing, and dealt with injuries. Losing a game in September is tough to hold against someone. The committee took FSU over Louisville.

A second team from a conference going into the playoffs should only be considered if it's only loss is to a 13-0 conference champ. To difficult to compare across conferences. That's why I support five auto bids and best remaining team.

It will get to that point in future. Then, people will say same thing that it's a shame Team #9 didn't get in and that it's time to go to 16.

Amazing how quickly people decided teams with 2-losses should be entitled to play against undefeated teams for the championship.

Some are even now suggesting USC (a 3-loss team) should have the right to play Bama.

This is college football where you're working with 18-23 year old young adults. Michigan has the oldest team in the country and was expected to be good. Penn State is young, developing, and dealt with injuries. Losing a game in September is tough to hold against someone. The committee took FSU over Louisville.

A second team from a conference going into the playoffs should only be considered if it's only loss is to a 13-0 conference champ. To difficult to compare across conferences. That's why I support five auto bids and best remaining team.

I would be alright with the playoffs being expanded to six teams. However.....as it stands.....the committee got it right.

Except for that time they lost to Penn State. Hard to argue theyve been dominant, particularly down the stretch. They did beat up Nebraska but that was wifhout Tommy for 2.5 quarters. Do they still win by 60 pts? Maybe. Or maybe Nebraska comes back in ghe second half. Stranger things have happened.

Amazing how quickly people decided teams with 2-losses should be entitled to play against undefeated teams for the championship.

Some are even now suggesting USC (a 3-loss team) should have the right to play Bama.

Who is arguing that?

Except for that time they lost to Penn State. Hard to argue theyve been dominant, particularly down the stretch. They did beat up Nebraska but that was wifhout Tommy for 2.5 quarters. Do they still win by 60 pts? Maybe. Or maybe Nebraska comes back in ghe second half. Stranger things have happened.

You could have made the case for PSU over OSU. That is the only change that I could have supported.

Florida vs Iowa in Outback bowl.

Minnesota for the 1st time sine 1962 will play a bowl game in California.

Seriously, if the Gophers aren't involved why give a rat's ass about who goes where? It's all subjective no matter what system has been set up. Be satisfied with the line-ups as all have the potential of being an entertaining game.

Cougars? I assume you are referring to the Washington Huskies. Using common opponent Colorado.....Washington looked MUCH better than Michigan.

Yes Huskies, I stand corrected. I still maintain that Mich being more physical gives them the edge over the Huskies.

A lot of people. But you don't have to look any further than this thread. Ha.

When the one loss team is Wash, I'm not convinced they are better than Mich or OU. I think it's a fair argument.

I don't know who is claiming these two-loss are "entitled" to be there over Wash. That is a statement you seem to be making up out of thin air.

Top Bottom