2014-15 Start of 14 team conference

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Things I hope for:

1. More night games.
2. Balancing the visits of our rivals to opposite years. WIS/IOWA.
3. Spread out the non-conference games.
4. Would support 9 games.

Things I hope for:

1. More night games.

agree with you on all of these. the spreading out of non-conf games could also help with injuries, etc. i think the SEC gains a competitive and health advantage over other BCS conferences by spreading out some of their non-conf games and not playing them all right away in the beginning of the season.

I'd rather go to a 12 game conference schedule. I would gladly give up games against Southwest Wisconsin Polytechnic High School for the Blind to see our conference foes more often. Especially if there are three gimmes in the system with Illinois, Maryland, and Rutgers.

I'd rather go to a 12 game conference schedule. I would gladly give up games against Southwest Wisconsin Polytechnic High School for the Blind to see our conference foes more often. Especially if there are three gimmes in the system with Illinois, Maryland, and Rutgers.

Rutgers wouldn't be a gimmie for Minnesota I don't think.

I like spreading the conference games out so we get more top TV slots for all our teams. If MN, IN, IL, etc play early season games against PSU. tOSU, MI & NE it moves the whole conference forward. Think how often you see big SEC matchups in week 2 or 3 or watch Notre Dame in week 2 against MSU or MI. Plus we get a bye week and we get a soft week later in the season to help with injuries.

9 game conference schedule alternating 5 home/4 home games per season sounds like a winner to me...with a cupcake in week 1, a bye around week 5 and a cupcake in week 8 or 9.

Best of all...I just got more games in my area. Rutgers & MD are easy gets for me to see my Gophs up close 4-5 times per year instead of 1-2.

Division allignment will be very interesting. If it is Maryland and Rutgers I would think they would want them on the same side of the division as Penn State for regional purposes. Hopefully that means we get Illinois and Indiana...:cool:

I would hope it would be something like this.

East
Ohio State
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Purdue
Michigan State

West
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Iowa
Illinois
Minnesota
Northwestern

I would hope it would be something like this.

Maryland president already said Illinois slides over to the Legends and they and Rutgers join the leaders. I agree with that alignment. Pi$$ on the Budgies.

Things I hope for:

1. More night games.

Per your #2, from Doogie:

"In an interview Thursday night on 1500 ESPN (available under the Audio section of the SportsWire), Gophers athletic director Norwood Teague said there will be a push as soon as possible -- 2017 -- to not have Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska all on the TCF Bank Stadium slate in the same year."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...es_chose_Josh_Howard_over_Kenyon_Martin111612

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom