2011 Mock Draft - 9 Big Ten Players

my thoughts

Taylor Battle reminds me of Aaron brooks, at minimum a nice backup point guard.

Lighty could suprise he has the athletisicm and skills to play sg. He might be better than Buford.

Leuer could be a bust.

2010-11 STATS @ 30.9
PPG RPG BPG SPG
13.9 10.5 1.5 0.9

Trevor Mbakwe averaged 30.9 Minutes per game, but finished the season in the 36mpg range. I see that being the case if he comes back. More minutes and his second year in the Big Ten should have his stats looking like this if not better:

2011-12 PROJECTED STATS @ 36mpg
16.2 PPG 12 RPG 1.7 BPG 1 SPG

Not saying this would get him to be a late first round pick, but it wouldn't hurt.

Leuer will be AWFUL in the NBA. He has no lateral quickness to play defense. Yes, he's tall and can shoot, but his advantage comes from his height and in the NBA that will be negated. He's too slow to defend 3's, too skinny to defend 4's.

JuJuan Johnson is a legit NBA player and should go much higher than 28. He's like Hakim Warrick with a jump shot. He'll never be an All-Star but he's worthy of being in the league.

Battle is really nice, but he's pretty small and his PG skills aren't that great. He'll have a hard time making it.

Lighty has no chance. He can't dribble well enough for a 2, not enough athleticism.

Buford can be a solid back-up 2 someday.

McCamey will do nothing.

Sullinger can play, but he's not very vertical with his game. He's DeJuan Blair, maybe a little better.

I'll give 50 to 1 odds to those who are interested: if fewer than nine Big Ten players are drafted in the 2011 NBA draft, I win.. if it's nine or more, you win... with 50 to 1 odds.

I'll give 50 to 1 odds to those who are interested: if fewer than nine Big Ten players are drafted in the 2011 NBA draft, I win.. if it's nine or more, you win... with 50 to 1 odds.

I'd put the Over/Under at 4.5 for BT players being drafted, particularly since Sullinger is adamant he's not entering the draft.

2010-11 STATS @ 30.9
PPG RPG BPG SPG
13.9 10.5 1.5 0.9

Trevor Mbakwe averaged 30.9 Minutes per game, but finished the season in the 36mpg range. I see that being the case if he comes back. More minutes and his second year in the Big Ten should have his stats looking like this if not better:

2011-12 PROJECTED STATS @ 36mpg
16.2 PPG 12 RPG 1.7 BPG 1 SPG

Not saying this would get him to be a late first round pick, but it wouldn't hurt.

PPG, RPG and all those stats have little to do with his draft status. It has to do with how he gets those points.

Getting 16 PPG off deep-seals and put backs won't get him in the NBA. He needs an offensive arsenal, some post moves, a jump shot...etc.

He is a LONG way off. Long way.

I'd put the Over/Under at 4.5 for BT players being drafted, particularly since Sullinger is adamant he's not entering the draft.

Hasn't history taught us that the more adamant a player is about staying in school, the more likely he is to enter the draft?

needs an offensive arsenal, some post moves, a jump shot...etc.

He is a LONG way off. Long way.

He's very close. 16 ppg looks to be off minutes only, not factoring in his second Big Ten season growth. I expect him to come back, go 18 and 12 - late first round next year.

Long way off. Long way.???

It won't be 9, that's pretty obvious. For such a betting man, how much did you lose on your bracket? http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=3397638

I haven't lost a cent. I actually have made out well this year in my brackets for which there were bets involved (and which looked nothing like the link you posted). Sorry you weren't able to find a link to any of my brackets for which bets were involved.

I haven't lost a cent. I actually have made out well this year in my brackets for which there were bets involved.

Wow so you didn't try or care about this GH bracket and that's why you were almost worst out of 80 people?

The guy who is never wrong, we all know one of them a$$holes.

Wow so you didn't try or care about this GH bracket and that's why you were almost worst out of 80 people?

The guy who is never wrong, we all know one of them a$$holes.

You're making things up now, my friend. I simply answered a question asked of me. Maybe you should follow the lead of big sis and be an attorney.

Suburban college students who are liberal arts majors and occasionally get out of line, we all know too many of them.

You're making things up now, my friend. I simply answered a question asked of me. Maybe you should follow the lead of big sis and be an attorney.

Suburban college students who are liberal arts majors and occasionally get out of line, we all know too many of them.

Big sis? WTF are your fat lips flapping about? I don't get it my friend.

Really lost me Big Jess.

Taylor Battle = Scottie Reynolds...

Diebler has a chance... 6'6 and gets lift on that jumper

He's very close. 16 ppg looks to be off minutes only, not factoring in his second Big Ten season growth. I expect him to come back, go 18 and 12 - late first round next year.

Long way off. Long way.???

He can't score in the NBA. He's an undersized 4. He will not be drafted, this year or next.

Both Buford and Lighty could not get a shot off that was not rushed when pushed by KY. I would not bet on them, especially Lighty. Buford is a very good athlete, but he will have to improve his shooting in the NBA. He tried to shoot faster than he could actually execute against KY.
Sullinger is impressive, but Harrelson showed he can be blocked of the boards down low by a determined "large body" and he is not vertical enough to overcome that easily. He will be a good nba player, but he needs to deveop more. IMO.

Those projections are outrageous. No way that even near that many BT players are drafted.

A lot of talent...but only 1 in the top 18....

Tons of talent...but not a ton of ELITE talent.
I wouldn't be surprised if J. Johnson gets picked ahead of Leuer. IMO it would be idiotic to take Leuer before Johnson.

He can't score in the NBA. He's an undersized 4. He will not be drafted, this year or next.

It could be that Trevor goes undrafted this year or next. It is possible, maybe likely. But, he still could make an NBA roster without having a real great post-up game. He does have an improving mid-range game, which if he proves is legit this upcoming season could help him immensely. And, yes, while he is somewhat limited with his scoring, he is an elite level rebounder and jumper/leaper. His has quick ups which allows him to play above the rim and that's where the game is played in the NBA. The league is literally littered with guys who are limited offensively, but have elite rebounding and jumping skills. Almost every team has one guy like that. It is possible that Trevor could be one of those guys. I'd love to see it.

lighty has a definite chance he has great size for the 2 and he is an utstanding man defender... he could be Wesley Matthews

every team in the league needs a Kobe stopper

I've watched Ohio St 4-5 times. Lighty seemed to be better than Buford both athletically, especially on defense, and at getting to the basket. Buford was a slightly better ball handler and maybe 3pt shooter.

Sullinger is a heavier Kevin Love. If he has the same workethic he will be an allstar.

Top Bottom