2 Pt Decision

The 12th Man

Reaction score
Surprised that Chryst spread it out for the 2 pt. conversion. Anyone else?

Yep. A pass is fine in that spot, but not out of a 4 WR set.

I like the idea of a pass, as probably everybody and their dog is expecting them to try and run it in there, but yeah- strange call.

THE CARD CALLED FOR A SPREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. THERE IS GOD, BB SUCK IT!

I actually think it was the same pattern--TE "under"--that they ran against us.

Its pretty ironic-brent loses the game by missing a two point conversion. Did his chart say to pass the ball?

It didn't work against the Gophs, why would it work against the best D in the nation?

Patterson's comments after the game were interesting. He basically said that it was wide open and they got lucky (they blitzed a safety, leaving the receiver open underneath, but the LB managed to knock the ball down).

I was shocked they did not at least play-action there. Also shocked that TCU did not call a timeout as they had 3 left and could have reviewed the alignment the Badgers were in prior to the snap. Had the Badgers run the ball there, about a 55% chance they pound it in there if Clay is in the game. TCU was running on fumes at that point. Glad to see how things worked out! Carder was fortunate he was stuffed at the LOS and could bat the ball down. Guy was wide open.

I was shocked they did not at least play-action there. Also shocked that TCU did not call a timeout as they had 3 left and could have reviewed the alignment the Badgers were in prior to the snap. Had the Badgers run the ball there, about a 55% chance they pound it in there if Clay is in the game. TCU was running on fumes at that point. Glad to see how things worked out! Carder was fortunate he was stuffed at the LOS and could bat the ball down. Guy was wide open.

I'll go with a much higher percentage had they jammed it into the line with Clay. TCU would have had to stop him for the first time in the game.

The man was open. Great play by the D. I was surprised they ran it out of a empty backfield.

I can't remember if they ran it with an empty backfield against us. I know the basic idea was the same as the TE slid "under," but I do remember that it didn't work against us because Tolzien had to try and rifle it in as the receiver was double-covered.

Whatever, I got a good laugh out of it. I guess Bielema should have tried to go for two more often when he was up three or four touchdowns against Indiana and Northwestern.

Like everyone else said, if they had to pass it shouldn't have been out of a 4 wide spread attack. It's not so much that it was a bad play call (because the guy was wide open), but if I am Wisconsin, I have a hard time not running the ball or at least PA bootlegging the ball in that situation. I think it would be a much easier pill to swallow if they had lost doing "what they do".

I'll go with a much higher percentage had they jammed it into the line with Clay. TCU would have had to stop him for the first time in the game.

With you. If you are going to lose, lose with your best play.

Top Bottom