2 pm Future CFP National Championship Locations Announcement for 18,19,20 -

NNerland

Reaction score
Will Minneapolis get 2020 -- have heard chances are good.

Would be quite a run for our area -- 2016 Ryder Cup, 2018 Super Bowl and Frozen Four, 2019 Final Four, 2020 CFP National Championship.

Millions into our economy....the Super Bowl is really the only one where they control much of the economic $'s - the others bring in millions from out of town, not as corporate fans.

2017 world series and 2019 nba finals as well. :cool:

Would be nice for the Gophers to play in front of a home crowd.

Atlanta - 2018
Santa Clara / San Fran - 2019
New Orleans - 2020

Should have gone to N.O. in 2019 - San Fran in January isn't great.

And Minnesota in January is great???

I think it's pretty stupid to host the Super Bowl here too, but that's just me.

The venue, city, accommodations etc should trump weather. It should rotate to a more northern location with a climate controlled facility every few years

Part that sticks out to me:

Why not Minneapolis? It's a great, lively, walkable city (yes, even in the cold), and the spectacular new downtown stadium has already been awarded the Super Bowl (2018) and the NCAA men's Final Four (2019). Somehow, however, that became a detriment to the city's CFP bid.

"We're not sure we wanted to be third in that row," Hancock said, citing potential "community fatigue" for the Twin Cities with all those events in consecutive years. Which is really odd when you consider Glendale, Arizona, had the Super Bowl last year, gets the second CFP title game this season and the Final Four in 2017. And, of course, New Orleans manages to have major championship events all the time without getting worn out (though the fans carousing on Bourbon Street certainly do).

That stadium is outside though.

I think it is stupid that they continue to host many of these big games in the same areas. Of course the fan support of the SEC teams are going to be good. They rarely have to go too far to watch their teams play.

Some day, I'd like to see how many Alabama fans would come to Minneapolis or Detroit in January to see their team play.

Totally fair for the north to occasionally host something. Silly to exclude an entire region.

Top Bottom