1997 MN v Wisc

Tough loss on the road to the skunks. A couple of homer calls down the stretch, and WI lineup looks exactly the same today with a few Herman Munster looking dudes.

Tough loss on the road to the skunks. A couple of homer calls down the stretch, and WI lineup looks exactly the same today with a few Herman Munster looking dudes.
Some really, really bad calls.

Key play was late in the first half. Gophers up 10 and holding for the last shot. Charles Thomas attempts a 3 with too much left on the clock. Badgers come down, get a 3 of their own, and it's a 7-point halftime margin.

And no, I didn't have to watch the video to remember that.

What's the purpose of this post? So I can take a couple hours out of my day to watch minnesota lose to wisconsin? Is this a Wisconsin forum? What am I missing here?
What's the purpose of ESPN airing reruns? What's the purpose of Ryan James talking about live tweeting a rerun of Minnesota / Georgia Tech (1990) weekend after next? Win or lose, these are classic games by really good teams.

I see a lot of nostalgia posts here, and I think there's more to it than the virus and the lack of live programming. The present state of Gopher basketball is so limp, it's better to live in the past right now.

What's the purpose of ESPN airing reruns? What's the purpose of Ryan James talking about live tweeting a rerun of Minnesota / Georgia Tech (1990) weekend after next? Win or lose, these are classic games by really good teams.

I see a lot of nostalgia posts here, and I think there's more to it than the virus and the lack of live programming. The present state of Gopher basketball is so limp, it's better to live in the past right now.
I get all the reruns. That's ESPN. I'm on a minnesota chat forum and the one game someone picks out is a game against wisconsin that we lose? It's fine that someone posted it, I'm just laughing at the fact that out of all the games minnesota has played throughout the years, the game that was picked was a game against Wisconsin and we dont even win it!

Well as least pick a game where we win!

Ha there are very few games out there from 97 other than a couple of the NCCA games. I happened to come across it and decided to post it. nothing nefarious intended. NCAA games v Clemson, UCLA and Kentucky are out on youtube. I do have a number of the 97 games on tape including the Indiana overtime game. I'll see if I can get some of them posted.

Ha there are very few games out there from 97 other than a couple of the NCCA games. I happened to come across it and decided to post it. nothing nefarious intended. NCAA games v Clemson, UCLA and Kentucky are out on youtube. I do have a number of the 97 games on tape including the Indiana overtime game. I'll see if I can get some of them posted.
It's all good whogoofed! Just giving you a hard time! I have nothing else to do as were in lockdown here in illinois lol

Please post some of the regular season games!!

The Indiana OT game: that would be appointment TV!!

The road games were amazing: Indiana, Michigan, Purdue, Iowa. I'd also like to see the home Iowa game starring the "Jewish Jordan" Sam Jacobson.
I can still see Jackson's baseline jumper in that Michigan game in my head.

It's another game we lost but I'd really like to see the road Illinois game. I didn't have cable at that time so only got to watch the weekend games but that was ridiculous to listen to on the radio.

It's another game we lost but I'd really like to see the road Illinois game. I didn't have cable at that time so only got to watch the weekend games but that was ridiculous to listen to on the radio.
Up 6 late, as I recall. Illinois shot crazy well, and the Gophs still nearly beat them on the road.

There is a very small pool of classic MN wins for ESPN to choose from.

Top Bottom