15 Add'l Practices - Schedule?

spermophilus

Reaction score
Have they started pre-bowl practices, yet?

When are they scheduled - roughly?

Woah, this thread is way out of line with the theme of the rest of the board. ;)

Woah, this thread is way out of line with the theme of the rest of the board. ;)

LOL...no kidding. I mean, the mods really should keep this type of off-topic chatter to a minimum. Couldn't they create a board to discuss "on-field' football topics?

Seriously though, practices were scheduled to start today, I believe...

Yep, I believe I read in an article somewhere that practices began today.

Yeah the first practice was today.

Per Kent's latest blog:
He also said that MarQueis Gray will play extensively at wide receiver in the bowl. Couple other quickies: Mike Rallis (leg) and Xzavian Brandon (knee) both practiced for the first time Wednesday.

MarQueis could be a really good WR, that catch he made in the Cal game wasn't an easy one. He's also dangerous open field runner, which was kind of shown in the Iowa game.

If Rallis and Brandon practiced I think they will be welcome additions for the Insight bowl. Although I don't really remember much about Xzavian except for what I'm seeing on his rivals profile. He's got great size and is pretty quick (6'3" 4.48), hopefully he can run routes and catch the ball. That would make him a missing link!

In the past they would start off with a practice or 2 and then a few days off, then a couple more practices with some time off to follow and then basically (couple off days) practice every day leading up to the bowl. I am not sure on the exact schedule but that is how is had been done around here.

Now if only we could schedule a game the last weekend a la Illinois we could get 2 more weeks of practice during the season.

Wouldn't Brandon blow up his medical RS? Or would this still keep him under the games played limit? Rallis played too much early anyway, so welcome back him for sure.

Top Bottom