13 Gophers to participate in Wed. pro-day

I would love to know how much actual value there is in 40 times for Offensive Lineman. I know they typically try to get a 10 yard reading as well which for a lineman would be far more valuable but those numbers are rarely discussed.
I don't know how the measure explosion off the line, but that, and the agility drills probably mean more than the 40-yard dash. About the only time an offensive lineman runs 40 yards is to get to the end zone to celebrate a long touchdown.

I don't know how the measure explosion off the line, but that, and the agility drills probably mean more than the 40-yard dash. About the only time an offensive lineman runs 40 yards is to get to the end zone to celebrate a long touchdown.
Valuable or not....5.6 seconds for a guy nearly 400 lbs is ridiculous. It is truly amazing how fast some of these guys are considering just how big they are.

Valuable or not....5.6 seconds for a guy nearly 400 lbs is ridiculous. It is truly amazing how fast some of these guys are considering just how big they are.
I fully realize that. Anybody at a pro day has a ton of athletic ability.

When compared to the TEs at the combine, Kieft would have been at the lower end of the 40 times, upper end of the bench press reps, and in the middle on the vertical jump. I'm bullish on his chances because he's such a devastating blocker. Don't know if he'll get drafted, but he'll be in someone's camp.

College football players like Ko Kieft bring a level of nastiness who become valuable commodities as a sixth man. More Pro teams will employ sixth-man blocking schemes.

It makes you wonder if Pro Football teams were watching how well the Gophers' Offensive Line utilizes sixth or more blockers to neutralize Auburn's Defense in the Outback Bowl.

I am not surprised if he is in many Pro teams' lists for the late rounds or UDFA. Blaise Andries sang many praises about his teammate.

I really hope Mafe is up to the challenge in the NFL. If he goes in the first round there is going to be a ton of pressure on him to prove he was worth the investment.

He has been a good player but his play in college didn't get to the level of a 1st round NFL pick and he is getting the attention he is based on freak athletic ability.

Hopefully he lands at a place that can maximize his potential and turn him into an NFL star.
That will all be equally true if he is taken in the mid second round

Antoine Winfield, Jr being a second-rounder turned out okay for him. I wonder if he was a first-rounder what the expectations and pressure would have been. He is a first-round talent. It would not make a difference.

Top Bottom