12/6 polls: 7 votes from coaches, 0 from AP

Dinks across the board in the media. We’ll see if the coaches poll includes any bright minds.

7 votes in the coaches poll! That puts us tied for 38th in the poll.
how can you possibly think this is a top 25 team

If we win 1 and lose the other respectably we will get votes in both polls and would not surprise me with a ranking depending on how other do. Its not like voters have experienced a Minnesota team doing well early in the year and than crashing before. Respect will have to be earned.

Do you think the polls should be decided by eyeballing the rosters of all 358 Division I teams or by looking at their results over the course of the season?
Who have we beaten that shows were a top 25 team??? Kinda teams who have a bench and NBA quality players should be rated higher than a Minnesota team who hasnt played anyone good and is only 5 deep

Who have we beaten that shows were a top 25 team??? Kinda teams who have a bench and NBA quality players should be rated higher than a Minnesota team who hasnt played anyone good and is only 5 deep
It's not about the roster. Just because none of these guys were 4 or 5 star recruits doesn't mean they can't rise to the occassion when it is asked of them. If teams were ranked by how many 5 star recruits they have then we might as well not even play the game. Why do you think the NCAA tournament is so fun? Because teams that don't have NBA quality players beat the teams that do and it happens all the time. No one is saying we are better than Duke or Gonzaga. Not every ranked team is stacked with NBA talent. We are just excited that a team that was picked to finish last in the B1G is completely playing above expectation and getting some votes. Stop being a hater.

Do you think the polls should be decided by eyeballing the rosters of all 358 Division I teams or by looking at their results over the course of the season?
If it’s anything like college football, let’s just eyeball rosters

If it’s anything like college football, let’s just eyeball rosters
I hope CFP expansion leads to the selection process being more resúmé based than it currently is.

I hope CFP expansion leads to the selection process being more resúmé based than it currently is.
And hopefully “resume” based means who you have beaten and how many losses you have…

not how many losses to good teams you have

Who has Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Loyola Chicago, Indiana, Texas Tech, or Memphis beaten that shows any of them are a top 25 team? They are all ranked or receiving votes.

Top Bottom