10 games at new stadium and Kinnick North looms

FishingMN

Reaction score
Here we are just 10 games into our nice new stadium and the bloom is already off the place because of how terrible the team is. Gopher boosters dreamed of scenarios where Iowa and Wisconsin fans wouldn't be able to take over our stadium as happened at the Metrodome. Now it seems likely that there will be a lot of Iowa fans at the stadium in November as the urge to rush out and sell has got to be a thought among quite a few ticket holders.

I know I'm considering it.

Not going to sell my tickets under any circumstances; but the desire to attend the Iowa game is going down by the minute. There's a very real chance they storm the field and steal our goalposts this year. The stadium is much better suited for it than the Dome was.

And when that happens, I may very well never stop drinking.

The fact that this game is on Thanksgiving weekend will make it that much worse.

I haven't missed a home Gophers game since 2006 versus Penn State when I was out of state. But I am about 90% sure that I will miss the Iowa game to to my obligation to visit my elderly parents out of state over the Thanksgiving weekend. I am sure that I am not alone.

Dang, what a wasted opportunity to get our stadium filled with Gophers fans. I had hoped never again to feel outnumbered in fans (or at least in fan noise) in our own stadium. That game could be BRUTAL.

The epitaph on Brewster's tenure with the Gophers will be 45,000 Iowa fans in TCF Bank Stadium.

Man, it makes my heart hurt.

I bought extra tiks through the University a few weeks ago thinking I would give them to a bunch of family members and all go to the game for the holiday weekend. After almost puking and leaving early watching the sh!tty football I've seen at the beginning of the season I just cannot find the reasons to waste weekend days going to the stadium to watch this. At this point I will not be bringing up the Iowa game to the family, instead I'm leaning towards recouping some of this waste of $$ that is being a season ticket holder for Gopher football. If Iowa fans buy them o well, it will show the University truely how pathetic every thing surrounding the program is, and I for one do not want to be around a bunch of rabid pig farmers when they are physically dominating us for 4 quarters. At this point it makes zero sense for me to attend this game as it will just add to my frustration.

Talked to long time ticket holders who said other faithful are doing the previously unthinkable and taking the money for their 11/27 tickets. It's a horrible scenario, considering how hard people worked to bring the tradition back on campus and the politicians who stuck their necks out to make it happen. There should be some people questioning "for what?" when the black and gold invade TCF.

I love the stadium, it's a great place to spend a nice fall afternoon and the glow at night is superb as well. But, it's in jeopardy of becoming a mausoleum, or a neutral site game for Badger, Hawkeye, and soon Husker fans.

If anyone wants to sell their tickets for the 11/27 game or know someone willing to sell, please let me know. I've got family in town for the holiday weekend that weekend who want to check out the new stadium. I checked stubhub but the prices were a bit high for the game. I live in Minneapolis so could easily meet for the transaction. Thanks.

Here we are just 10 games into our nice new stadium and the bloom is already off the place because of how terrible the team is. Gopher boosters dreamed of scenarios where Iowa and Wisconsin fans wouldn't be able to take over our stadium as happened at the Metrodome. Now it seems likely that there will be a lot of Iowa fans at the stadium in November as the urge to rush out and sell has got to be a thought among quite a few ticket holders.

Two reasons not to do it:

1) A real Gopher fan wouldn't sell his tickets.

2) You'll drive down the market value of my tickets.

Yes, I predicted a black and gold filled, humiliating end to the Brewster era several months ago. I left the 55-0 game early two years ago, but I may have to soak it all in this time, as bad as it will be.

I think they will publicly seal Brewster's fate before that game, maybe this week if we are lucky. If Horton is the coach for the rest of the year, that may lessen the absurdity of that event.

These people who act like "devoted fans" but then sell their tickets to profit at first glance make me sick. Thanks for raising the price and creating a false market for fans who want to go to the game.

If you're a fan, you're a fan when the team sucks or when the team is good. Minnesota has some of the most fickle sports fans I've ever encountered.

I'm getting tired of people saying/acting that they are "tortured" as a sports fan. If it's no longer fun, don't watch, don't buy the tickets. Don't act like you love the team at the start of the year, but then when they lose some games you act like you've been waterboarded for the past three hours (especially when you're spending Sunday afternoon on a Gopher football fan site).

The game last night had an awful turnout, but I'd be lying if I said I still didn't enjoy myself watching and following Gopher football. Yes, even though Brewster is awful, spending the afternoon researching possible replacements on the Internet is enjoyable. It's not work and it's surely not torture. It's a effing game, people.

So if you don't want to go to anymore games at TCF Bank, don't. We won't miss you. Go watch high school football or Saints baseball or something that makes you feel good about yourself.

I refuse to sell my tickets to those people, but I think there will be 15K to 20k bumblebees in the stadium.

As bad as last night was, it was worth being there just to look up at he orange glow beyond the Minneapolis skyline, wondering if the NIU fans near me were as impressed as I was by the whole scene just as the band came out out field. I tried to convince myself at that point that the horribleness I expected to follow didn't really matter that much. (it does)

It almost made the Metrodome seem like a bad dream.

Not going to sell my tickets under any circumstances; but the desire to attend the Iowa game is going down by the minute. There's a very real chance they storm the field and steal our goalposts this year. The stadium is much better suited for it than the Dome was.

And when that happens, I may very well never stop drinking.

If that happens, I'll be the first Gopher fan to take as many shots at the Pukeeye fans trying to do as such.

I bought extra tiks through the University a few weeks ago thinking I would give them to a bunch of family members and all go to the game for the holiday weekend. After almost puking and leaving early watching the sh!tty football I've seen at the beginning of the season I just cannot find the reasons to waste weekend days going to the stadium to watch this. At this point I will not be bringing up the Iowa game to the family, instead I'm leaning towards recouping some of this waste of $$ that is being a season ticket holder for Gopher football. If Iowa fans buy them o well, it will show the University truely how pathetic every thing surrounding the program is, and I for one do not want to be around a bunch of rabid pig farmers when they are physically dominating us for 4 quarters. At this point it makes zero sense for me to attend this game as it will just add to my frustration.

What's pathetic is fans like you. If you don't want to go to the game, fine. But to sell them, especially to Iowa fans, the program isn't the problem. You are.

Top Bottom