10 bold predictions for Big Ten football this season (#2. Minnesota is unbeaten entering Big Ten title game)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Brad:

2. MINNESOTA IS UNBEATEN ENTERING BIG TEN TITLE GAME
Tanner Morgan. Rashod Bateman. A potentially elite defense. The Golden Gophers have the right ingredients to run the table this season barring unforeseen injuries in key spots. Two games stand between the Gophers and an unblemished record during the regular season — Saturday's opener against Michigan and a trip to Wisconsin in late November that will likely determine the division winner. Considering the prediction here, one could surmise how the Gophers will fare in both matchups with nationally-ranked opponents.

Go Gophers!!

If things break right for the Gophers, this really isn't all that far fetched. I mean on a BOLD prediction scale, this doesn't get close to a Dumb and Dumber chance.

The games which cause problems for the Gophers are not unwinnable and are not even going to be games where we should be double digit dogs in any of them. Less than a score at most. Those games are:

Michigan
Iowa
@ Wisconsin
@ Illinois
@ Nebraska

Not far fetched at all to believe we could sweep. That trip to Madtown is going to loom, large.

If the Gophers are 7-1 and the badgers are 8-0 and on their way to another championship game kill me now.

If the Gophers are 7-1 and the badgers are 8-0 and on their way to another championship game kill me now.
Like Dante's seventh circle of hell. Except that is reserved for the Vikings.

Like Dante's seventh circle of hell. Except that is reserved for the Vikings.
All of MN sports experiences the same stuff. How did it feel when the Gophers laid an egg against uw last year with the division on the line? Horrible, but just like everything else around here with sports.

All of MN sports experiences the same stuff. How did it feel when the Gophers laid an egg against uw last year with the division on the line? Horrible, but just like everything else around here with sports.
Kind of.

last years wisconsin vs Illinois game was so strange to everything.

Illinois was dead in the water. Come back and win. If they don’t, Wisconsin is probably rated 6th and Minnesota 9th entering that game and we would have all gone into it thinking wisconsin is slightly better than us but we are a 50/50 shot to win. Then the loss would hit differently

Wish I was more confident going into the season. If we had a few noncon games to work out the new defensive guys and new offensive coordinator, I'd feel better. Fingers crossed. 50 years of being not very good probably contributes to my concern. Hope I'm way wrong.🤔

Top Bottom