1:30pm kickoff?

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
My brain is pretty foggy from Bourbon Street but is it really a 1:30pm kickoff?

I'm not sure I can attend any game time buttttt thats an odd kickoff time.

It is 1:30 and you are also correct that it is an odd start time. I don't recall many other 1:30 starts this season but don't see an easy way to look back and see what all the start times have been. Usually though it is 11:00, 2:30, 6:30. Maybe there have been other 1:30 starts and I just didn't notice them because I wasn't interested in the teams playing in the game. Tough to say.

a bit of an odd schedule day - no "early" game on BTN. In fact, the MN game is the only BTN FB game that day.

11am - OSU at PSU - Fox
1:30 - Rut at MN - BTN
2:30 - Ill at Neb - ABC
2:30 - NWest at Iowa - ESPN2
6:30 - MSU at Mich - ABC

BTN is showing a Volleyball DH starting at 5:30pm, including a Gopher match.

With four Big Ten teams on bye and only five total games, BTN only got one game for the week. Figure they might as well stagger it between the 11am and 2:30pm kick times. Makes some sense. Let's hope the UCLA-Rutgers soccer match doesn't go extra time.

With four Big Ten teams on bye and only five total games, BTN only got one game for the week. Figure they might as well stagger it between the 11am and 2:30pm kick times. Makes some sense. Let's hope the UCLA-Rutgers soccer match doesn't go extra time.
College soccer doesn’t end in ties?

Anything is better than 11 a.m. Historically, the Gophers (Warmath, etc.) began games at 1 p.m., which worked well.
I'm sure I am in the minority, but once the calendar hits November (especially after Daylight Savings Time ends) I would choose an 11am game every time (as opposed to 2:30).

Sun. Good.

Even when it's overcast, it's less dark.

My brain is pretty foggy from Bourbon Street but is it really a 1:30pm kickoff?

I'm not sure I can attend any game time buttttt thats an odd kickoff time.
There is a great Reusse story about New Orleans while he was still drinking.
He crawled or somehow got back to his hotel after a night out on the town. He asked the desk clerk for a 7:30 wake up call. Desk clerk replied "Sir it is a quarter to 8".

There is a great Reusse story about New Orleans while he was still drinking.
He crawled or somehow got back to his hotel after a night out on the town. He asked the desk clerk for a 7:30 wake up call. Desk clerk replied "Sir it is a quarter to 8".
That’s the best. And honestly I see how it happens.

Never heard of a 1:30pm start. Did we get relegated to community access television? Makes sense, I guess.

College soccer doesn’t end in ties?
Wikipedia says it has a couple 10-minute extra periods if it ends tied after regulation time. If still tied after those, it is considered a draw. No sudden death, so they play one extra period and if tied, play the second.

Wikipedia says it has a couple 10-minute extra periods if it ends tied after regulation time. If still tied after those, it is considered a draw. No sudden death, so they play one extra period and if tied, play the second.
I didn't know that. Thanks. I assumed they just ended in a draw if tied at the end of regulation like youth, HS, and Professional soccer do. Seems odd.

I didn't know that. Thanks. I assumed they just ended in a draw if tied at the end of regulation like youth, HS, and Professional soccer do. Seems odd.
Pro soccer also does extra time periods and then a shoot out if still tied. I'm pretty sure HS does extra periods and then if still tied, it ends as a draw.

Pro soccer also does extra time periods and then a shoot out if still tied. I'm pretty sure HS does extra periods and then if still tied, it ends as a draw.
What pro soccer? I watch a ton of European soccer, but maybe we do it different in the US (I don’t watch MLS). We don’t like ties.
HS didn’t when I played, but that was a while ago too. Guess I have to get with the times.

I don’t think we have lost hardly any 1:30 kickoff games? Go Gophers!

No, that's only in tournaments and knockout competitions.

All games that are even at the end of regulation end in a draw otherwise.

Top Bottom