Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dare I say, Gophers?

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Just one man's opinion, which I have the right to share:

1. Iowa - Most complete team - Best player in the nation
2. Michigan - Looked pretty damn good until they ran into those pesky little rodents from Minneapolis a second time!
3. Wisconsin - YOU KNOW THIS KILLS ME. But they've earned it.

4. YOUR MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS - This might seem early but those top two teams have one thing in common, They only have 1 loss and it is to the Gophers.

5. Illinois - Seems they have lost some luster as of late.
6. Rutgers - Also, been a bit of as of late due to illness/injury. Still very good.
7. Ohio State - The bottom of the top tier. Which really isn't a cut-down at all. These are some really good teams.

8. Purdue - I feel a big drop from OSU to the Boilers who are lucky to be 5-3 at this point.
9. Indiana - They feel like they could do something and then they don't. Just not quite there yet.
10. Maryland - They have some big wins that make me wonder when they will start to roll.
11. Michigan State - Speaking of starting to roll, when will Izzo start his eventual climb back up the standings?
12. Northwestern - Remember when they were unbeaten and ranked. That was a good week and a half. Seems a long time ago.
13. Penn State - Barely maintaining a hover above the other former football blue blood. (ok, 1 bad season)
14. Nebraska - COVID pause button is a welcome relief to the B1G grinder. Make up all the games Huskers!

Like it, Love it, or hate it that's the way I see it. The Gophers need to stay at Holiday Inn Expresses and make the road their home! Time to feast on the meat of the schedule after making it through the brunt of it with an impressive 4-4 record!

Go Gophers!

1. Michigan - as bad as the gophers beat them, they were missing a key player, on the road, and have blown out everyone else. Full body of work still think they’re the best team in the conference
2. Iowa - defense keeps them from getting to 1, offense makes it close though
3. Wisconsin - don’t have the wins the gophers have, don’t have the losses either. H2H win puts them ahead.
4.Minnesota - even with the 4 losses, have beat 2 of the teams they lost 2, showing they can play with anyone. Win a couple road games and they’ll keep moving up

(Tier 2)
5. Ohio State - quietly been playing golf lately, a really solid team. Don’t know if they have quite as much top tier potential but a very good team.
6. Illinois - opposite of Ohio state - pure potential but hasn’t quite put it together

(tier 3 - the last of the teams that can contend)
7. Rutgers - I think they’re good, but the record doesn’t show it. Not really sure what to think

(tier 4)
8. Michigan State - still think they’ll put it together eventually. Too much talent and coaching not to.
9. Purdue - think they’re a solid team, just kinda middle of the pack in a stacked big 10
10. Indiana - got the talent to be a good team
11. Northwestern - got a few big wins but starting to look more and more fluky
12. Maryland - not a bad team but just not that great

(tier 5)
Penn state

(tier 6)
Nebraska

I think tiers are the best way to look at them too...within the tiers I’ve ranked them but they’re real close

tier 1 - legit contenders for final 4
1. Iowa
2. Michigan

tier 2 - maybe could sneak into the big ten title position but a cut below
3. Wisconsin

tier 3 - all teams I think capable of sweet 16 with the right draw
4. Illinois
5: Minnesota
6. Ohio state

tier 4 good teams that are IMO solidly top 50 in the country all things considered
7. Purdue
8. Rutgers
9. Michigan state
10. Maryland

Tier 5 top 100 but not even bubble teams to me
11. Northwestern
12. Indiana
13. Penn state

Tier 6 bad team
14. Nebraska

I think tiers are the best way to look at them too...within the tiers I’ve ranked them but they’re real close

1. Iowa
2. Michigan

3. Wisconsin

4. Illinois
6. Ohio state

tier 4 good teams that are IMO solidly top 50 in the country all things considered
7. Purdue
8. Rutgers
9. Michigan state
10. Maryland

11. Northwestern
12. Indiana
13. Penn state

Tier 6 bad team
14. Nebraska

This is correct.

1. Iowa
2. Michigan

3. Wisconsin

4. Illinois
6. Ohio state

7. Purdue
8. Rutgers
9. Michigan state
10. Maryland

11. Northwestern
12. Indiana
13. Penn state

Tier 6 bad team
14. Nebraska
You nailed it

Top Bottom