#1/1 Gophers vs. #14/18 uw

bonin21

Reaction score
Thursday, 10/26 @ 8PM on BTN
Friday, 10/27 @ 8PM on BTN

I'm predicting a split against a uw team that will clearly be much better under Mike Hastings.

I'm hearing there's optimism for a Koster/Nevers return, anyone else know more about it? I'm excited to see our guys at full strength. Disappointed to not sweep UND, but I left that weekend feeling better about our group than I felt on Friday afternoon.

I suppose Nevers could be back but haven't gotten the feel that either will be just yet from the online information. Even with them back I'd predict a split at this stage. wisconsin will be fired up now that they might actually play like a team.

Hastings is the real deal and his impact has been felt immediately in Madison. Gut says series split, heart says Gopher sweep

With Nevers I expect the other lines outside of Lamb, Snugg, and Moore to finally do something. Get Nevers back with Nelson and Brodz. Then Huglen, Kurth, Pitlick. 4th line you got Strobel, Clark, Mitteldtadt, Pino. Looks almost identical to last year minus those two forwards Knies and Cooley.

With Nevers I expect the other lines outside of Lamb, Snugg, and Moore to finally do something. Get Nevers back with Nelson and Brodz. Then Huglen, Kurth, Pitlick. 4th line you got Strobel, Clark, Mitteldtadt, Pino. Looks almost identical to last year minus those two forwards Knies and Cooley.
Yeah just those two small little pieces.

JK, I agree with everything you said - Nevers back in the lineup should round out this forward group quite nicely. All of a sudden now we have an elite top line, and 2 more lines that can be solid contributors. Plus the 4th line guys have looked like solid role players so far. Can't wait to see this team with Koster back in the lineup.

The biggest risk this weekend will once again be the D and them getting tired by the end of game 2. Cal Thomas does nothing for me. When he's out there with Rinzel it is scary defensively, but it's going to happen a ton while Thomas is still in a top 4 role.

Also Luke Mittelstadt has been extremely quiet offensively so far because he doesn't have the big guns from last year freeing him up to take risks.

The biggest risk this weekend will once again be the D and them getting tired by the end of game 2.
Based on the hustle from uw forwards and how much the top 4 is already playing, I can already tell they're gonna be gassed late tomorrow.

Issues. Hastings just has the gophers game plan and can shove it right back in their face.

Issue is the Gopher roster is not that good especially the D.
I really thought the gopher would be able to string offense together better. Too much of the play is just a rush down, miss the net on a shot, and then play defense until you change lines.

That 3rd goal was just like the National Championship game. Gopher player tries to eliminate the puck and it leaves a guy wide open in the middle.

I think UND, uw, and UMD could all end up around the same place at the end of the year, somewhere between 6 and 13 I'd say. But I think Michigan will end up higher than all of them, 3 to 5. This string of games is only going to get harder.

First game I've seen this year and the Badgers seem to want things more. They're winning battles for the puck, they're doing whatever it takes and they're all over the Gophers.

Gophers are really sleep walking through this game.

First game I've seen this year and the Badgers seem to want things more. They're winning battles for the puck, they're doing whatever it takes and they're all over the Gophers.

Gophers are really sleep walking through this game.
That's what you get for playing on a Thursday night.

How does that explain the Badgers performance? It's Thursday for them as well..

Come on, this is the Border Battle!! One team did play with allot more passion than the other, that was certainly clear.

Was really unfair that we had to play a Thursday night game, while the Badgers had more jump since, through a weird glitch in the space time continuum, were playing on Friday in the same game.

We had more enthusiasm at our 10:45pm Men's League game Tuesday night than the Gophers showed last night.

I watched the entire second North Dakota game and 8 min of yesterday's 1st period. That was enough for me to turn on Bosch (season 5).

The gophers love affair with drop passes truly is something. They almost never amount to any offense, but they just can’t help themselves.

We had more enthusiasm at our 10:45pm Men's League game Tuesday night than the Gophers showed last night.

I watched the entire second North Dakota game and 8 min of yesterday's 1st period. That was enough for me to turn on Bosch (season 5).
Those late men’s leagues are brutal sometimes. I played in one a few years back that was 9:00 Sunday night. Eat a big dinner watch football and then go skate. It was fun when you got there but Monday always sucked

Don't you just love it whenever the commentators says that this is a crucial power play and then they do absolutely nothing during it.

Who could have ever predicted this team would not be very good.

Motzko blew it with the best roster he'll ever have.

That’s gonna get annoying seeing Hastings 4 or 5 or 6 times a year now. At least before it was only twice in the regular season and then knocking the gophers out of the NcAA’s.

Wisconsin already dominates us on the women's side. Is this gonna be the norm going forward?

Top Bottom