‘Hurting’ Gophers men’s basketball team looks to rebound from painful loss at Iowa

BleedGopher

Reaction score

I give Johnson and Staff a lot of credit for how this team rebounded after the awful Iowa game. We played very tough at Purdue and now two back to back solid wins at home. In previous years that Iowa debacle may turn into a spiral of loses, not this squad.

Go Gophers!!

I give Johnson and Staff a lot of credit for how this team rebounded after the awful Iowa game. We played very tough at Purdue and now two back to back solid wins at home. In previous years that Iowa debacle may turn into a spiral of loses, not this squad.

Go Gophers!!
Well said. This team has its flaws, but they never quit. A lot of heart in this group.

Go Gophers!!
My favorite part of all this is they are playing their best basketball now which is what you want to see from teams as the season wears on.

After the second half debacle against Iowa they rebounded to give Purdue everything they could handle on the road and then came home and played two of their most complete games of the entire season.

They have their moments where they fall apart but you can see what Johnson is trying to do with this group and the players seem to be responding.

My favorite part of all this is they are playing their best basketball now which is what you want to see from teams as the season wears on.

After the second half debacle against Iowa they rebounded to give Purdue everything they could handle on the road and then came home and played two of their most complete games of the entire season.

They have their moments where they fall apart but you can see what Johnson is trying to do with this group and the players seem to be responding.

That's what I was most impressed about. OSU and Rutgers aren't great teams, but both have capable talent, and are very good on one side of the ball(OSU offensively and Rutgers defensively) and our team responded well offensively against Rutgers, and I thought our D played great last night. Battle's shooting really kept that game closer than it probably should have. But credit to him, those were some tough shots. Credit to CBJ because it could have gone sideways after those close losses on the road.

Top Bottom