On field antics don't go unnoticed?

they said on the big ten network on saturday that since Brewster took over the program we have led the BT in 15 yard penalties. they said that the second place team wasn't even close to us that is how far we were ahead in this bad catagory. We had two more 15 yd penalties on Saturday. We lack discipline and it hasn't changed since Brew got here. it starts at the top.

It looks like the source of this hometown pro-badger article was Bret. Of course, he's going to say they always take the high road, and never said anything and never taunted. I saw it myself from his d-backs on our receivers. The Badgers can and do talk as much trash as the next team.

Oh yeah, gimme a break, the Badgers were real class acts:rolleyes:
They were jawing as much as anyone else out there. The extra stuff comes with the rivalry, get over it. The officials should be ashamed for calling that taunting penalty on Simmons.

What a bunch of BS! Nobody has any idea what BPT was saying as he stood over the Badger player and was flagged for taunting. He could have been checking if he was OK. The official that threw the flag could not have heard what was said as he was 20 yards away when he threw the flag. I wonder what #2 from the badgers was saying as he almost knocked over the side judge as he posed and flexed for the Gopher bench. I am sure he was just coplimenting the Gophers on how well they were playing.

they said on the big ten network on saturday that since Brewster took over the program we have led the BT in 15 yard penalties. they said that the second place team wasn't even close to us that is how far we were ahead in this bad catagory. We had two more 15 yd penalties on Saturday. We lack discipline and it hasn't changed since Brew got here. it starts at the top.

I remember having a conversation with my dad last year about all of the chippy play from our side resulting in 15 yard penalties. I said I noticed a difference in the amount of late hits during Brewster's first year here. I chalked it up to more agressive play and was fine with it. Then year two hit and more of the same. I chalked it up to even more aggressive play, but was concerned it would come back to haunt us at some point. Well, here we are in year three and it hasn't helped, that is for sure.

I don't get taunting... Taunting is stupid plain and simple. Just shut up and play. Really stupid when your team hasn't won anything in years. I can at least wrap my head around a successful team/player taunting due to cockiness.

It looks like the source of this hometown pro-badger article was Bret. Of course, he's going to say they always take the high road, and never said anything and never taunted. I saw it myself from his d-backs on our receivers. The Badgers can and do talk as much trash as the next team.

Exactly what I was thinking. Their DB's were talking just as much trash as we were.

What a bunch of BS! Nobody has any idea what BPT was saying as he stood over the Badger player and was flagged for taunting. He could have been checking if he was OK. The official that threw the flag could not have heard what was said as he was 20 yards away when he threw the flag. I wonder what #2 from the badgers was saying as he almost knocked over the side judge as he posed and flexed for the Gopher bench. I am sure he was just coplimenting the Gophers on how well they were playing.

What...
The...
F**k...

Are you serious? Yes, I'm sure that's why he was jawing with the kid. :rolleyes: Last week we get Bronko blaming the Tinsley mess on the UMPD because they have the audacity to use unmarked patrol cars and now we're hearing that BPT was simply a good Samaritan for jawing with a Badger he just laid out.

Look. I'm a homer and I'm willing to ignore plenty behind my maroon and gold colored glasses. But holy jeebus...if you truly believe this you are willfully ignorant. Period.

I get what your post is saying, but that bolded part literally just made me LOL hahaha.

The Badgers were no doubt talking a whole boatload of junk, just like the Gophers. The tape shows it. Citing one example of a guy ignoring it doesn't eliminate the 15 examples where they initiated just as much junk. But hey, they won, so it's easy to say they "kept their cool" and all that. Brewster does need to get a handle on the 15 yarders though, as they are a major boost to the opposing offense. But to be fair, he talks about not committing the stupid penalties quite a bit. The players need to show some sense too. If you notice, the culprits often are same, it's not like the entire team is just out of control out there.

While other aspects of our performance have been disappointing, I think this is the one area that has really frustrated me. This isn't even a "well Wisconsin did it too" argument. You can play aggressive and disciplined at the same time. I believe it says more to completely drive a player to the ground during the course of play, pop up and get back to your huddle, than it does to use a pose or assinine taunts to explain how much of a d-bag you are. Simply get back to the line and get ready to do it again!

What a bunch of BS! Nobody has any idea what BPT was saying as he stood over the Badger player and was flagged for taunting. He could have been checking if he was OK. The official that threw the flag could not have heard what was said as he was 20 yards away when he threw the flag.

Spin your head! Spin your head!

I don't remember BPT being taken out of the game after that taunting penalty. Maybe if Brewster had a rule that any player getting an unsportsmanlike penalty, will be taken out of the game for at least a series, the players would start to get it.

I was being sarcastic when I said, "He could have been checking if he was OK" My point was nobody has any idea what was being said. It appeared that some badger players were taunting also but I don't know for sure as I was too far away to hear what was being said. Again... #2 from the Badgers could have been asking Coach Brew how Clint was doing at Middle Tenn. or wherever he is. It looked like taunting but could have been a friendly conversation. I am just glad that Blake Sorensen showed soooo much restraint when he was being ruthlessly taunted by the Gopher bench. (Sarcasm) BB has no idea what the bench was saying to Blake S. Maybe the EP guys were just talking about their alma maters big victory over Eagan on Friday night.

Give me a break.......the Wisconsin players were model players, yeah right. I'm so sick and tired of Wisconsin and their holier than thou attitude. Smug and arrogant is how I would describe them. And how many of those penalties called on the Gophers were legitmate?

Stop it...

Anyone disturbed that the refs are complimenting on how impressed they were with the Badgers disipline? Is this really something a ref needs to bring up during a game to a coach? Kinda shows a bias doesn't it? Even if a team is being blatent about it's taunting and behavior it shouldn't affect the ref's opinion or feelings towards the game, they are supposed to be neutral in all ways, if a team is pissing the refs off, they are still supposed to be indifferent, I really hope this doesn't betray an underlying bias that was had towards the game, there were several key calls that were either ignored or went against the gophers, just hope they were even handed judgment calls and not emotionally biased punishments.

Anyone disturbed that the refs are complimenting on how impressed they were with the Badgers disipline? Is this really something a ref needs to bring up during a game to a coach? Kinda shows a bias doesn't it? Even if a team is being blatent about it's taunting and behavior it shouldn't affect the ref's opinion or feelings towards the game, they are supposed to be neutral in all ways, if a team is pissing the refs off, they are still supposed to be indifferent, I really hope this doesn't betray an underlying bias that was had towards the game, there were several key calls that were either ignored or went against the gophers, just hope they were even handed judgment calls and not emotionally biased punishments.

I don't think that shows bias at all. Refs have the job of keeping the game in control. Praising a coach for good conduct can help do that.

Taunting and late hits are two different things entirely.

I'm completely opposed to one, and somewhat open to the other.

Off the record: a late hit is okay if it's early in the game and you can really freaking wax the quarterback. Make it count.

"An official came up to me during the course of the game and made reference to how well our players were handling the business that was going on around the plays," UW coach Bret Bielema said

Somebody give me a barf bag.

Bret should really talk about "class"

http://rmaly.blogspot.com/2005/07/things-come-up-big-for-bielema-he_27.html

Anyone remember this (from the linked article)...

Bielema made statewide news after an Iowa victory over Iowa State at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City. During the postgame handshakes at midfield, Bielema--then a senior--confronted Cyclone coach Jim Walden and said, "You're a big prick. I enjoyed kicking your ass for five years (including his redshirt year)." Hawkeye fans loved it, Cyclone fans hated it. Walden? He was confused, as usual.

:confused:

You and Gopher Lady Normandale....

I am hesitant to link this story as I hating posting any info that sheds a bad light on the program but this does concern me. It all starts at the top IMO.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/article_53fdb526-f739-5f4d-b94b-3c9d95a35b25.html

birds of a feather. If you had your nose any further up Becky's ass you would come out his mouth.
This is for you pinhead." Several questionable call were made by the same offical; including two calls on Stoudamire regarding returns and the so called "chop block" and the taunting call. Said offical is currently under review after the Big Ten was contacted by the University of Minnesota"

I am hesitant to link this story as I hating posting any info that sheds a bad light on the program but this does concern me. It all starts at the top IMO.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/article_53fdb526-f739-5f4d-b94b-3c9d95a35b25.html

Can't people that write these articles do a minimal amount of fact checking. If Wisconsin scored a touchdown on their first possession how did the taunting penalty set up a touchdown that made the score 10-10? :rolleyes:

Just curious if anyone knows who this official is and where he's from? Do they list who the officials are for these games?

Eddie Haskell?

http://rmaly.blogspot.com/2005/07/things-come-up-big-for-bielema-he_27.html

Anyone remember this (from the linked article)...

Bielema made statewide news after an Iowa victory over Iowa State at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City. During the postgame handshakes at midfield, Bielema--then a senior--confronted Cyclone coach Jim Walden and said, "You're a big prick. I enjoyed kicking your ass for five years (including his redshirt year)." Hawkeye fans loved it, Cyclone fans hated it. Walden? He was confused, as usual.

:confused:

From the link: "Blake was getting taunted pretty good. ... He had to stand over there for 15 seconds," Bielema said. "He just stood over there, nodded his head and went about his business."

15 seconds. Oh my the suffering....

The Badger coach reminds me more and more of Eddie Haskell of "Leave it to Beaver". All he needed to add was "Thats a very nice shirt you are wearing mr. ref.:rolleyes:

OMG

Do you guys realize that if you were to win one of these games, you wouldn't care about the national anthem, taunting, etc.

Talk about freaking childish behavior. Get over it already.

Ruppert

birds of a feather. If you had your nose any further up Becky's ass you would come out his mouth.
This is for you pinhead." Several questionable call were made by the same offical; including two calls on Stoudamire regarding returns and the so called "chop block" and the taunting call. Said offical is currently under review after the Big Ten was contacted by the University of Minnesota"

I linked this article for the purpose of discussion for Gopher fans about the football players behavior on the field as taken from the view of an official working the game. Not something I like as an alumnae of the University of Minnesota or as a 12 year season ticket holder. Not sure where you can go off accusing me of "sleeping with the enemy."

I feel for you though. It's gonna be long year for you to get continually bitch-slapped over at buckyville.com with all the blather you've written there. Why don't you try a little internet humility, for once? Doesn't an old man like you have more to worry about than what some sports opinion columnist in Madison has to say?

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22845/t/Badger-s-no-show-for-the-National-Anthem.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22906/t/Barry-speaks.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/19804/t/TCF-sold-out.html

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/19420/t/RoopFlywhirl-thinks-Badger-fans-are-unruly.html

Amazing that I had to go to the "Bickering Depository" board over at Buckyville to find your name mentioned countless times.

I'm sure your wife is impressed with your internet skills.

Do you guys realize that if you were to win one of these games, you wouldn't care about the national anthem, taunting, etc.

Talk about freaking childish behavior. Get over it already.

Keep it out the paper then, your coach is the one who for some reason insisted on bringing up a private conversation with the ref during the game. If the tables were turned and Brew had a quote like this badger fans would be clammering to remind everyone of past incidents of poor sportsmanship also.
It's a blood rivalry, the oldest and one of the most bitter in college sports, the refs should have known this and let the jaw jacking go, stupid and quite frankly very immature of the refs, you think during Florida Georgia or Texas Oklahoma the players simply make a tackle and quietly walk back to huddle? No, it's a rivalry game, hot and heavy, let it play out, don't hold the players' hands when they hear a bad word on the field.

Just curious if anyone knows who this official is and where he's from? Do they list who the officials are for these games?

He is from Madison and went to UW. Played football for the Badgers.

What's the big deal?

Top Bottom