Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I think many fans have a spot inside them that want the gophers to succeed but they just don't plan their schedules around watching or following the team. I'm kind of that way with the wild. I'll rarely watch them (maybe 10-15 full games a year and pieces of others). I will never plan my night around their game but if nothing is on and they are i'll turn them on and cheer like I'm a diehard for one game.

Point is I'm a MN guy and I'll always want a team that says "Minnesota" on it to win.

In my experience that is what I run into when it comes to the gophers. People will watch them if there is nothing else on but won't plan around them. If they continue to tune in and see them win who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Looks like a burner account or a new account. No posts. So random and so strange.
    Another g4l account?

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Anyone else get a strange private message like this from this guy related to this thread? Really strange.

Attachment 6357
    Iíve been tempted to post about this. I have received about 10 over the past month or so from a few screen names. Common theme...
    1. They donít like bleed
    2. They think Iím a ďbig boyĒ
    3. They want to watch a game via Skype
    4. They think I should join GI

I like being called big boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I’ve been tempted to post about this. I have received about 10 over the past month or so from a few screen names. Common theme...
    1. They don’t like bleed
    2. They think I’m a “big boy”
    3. They want to watch a game via Skype
    4. They think I should join GI

I like being called big boy.

Is that a gentler way of saying "husky"?

Personal preference for me. My dad was a charter Season ticket holder for the Vikings. Iíve been to many games.

The crowd there is very serious, but often ugly. Gopher fans care, but they seem to understand that nice weather, making burgers, and sharing time with friends has value beyond winning. Visiting fans are fun to meet. I used to moonlight doing Viking security and letís say that visiting fans were not always treated with respect.

College football is more fun.

A fellow at work is a Purdue grad who's lived here for probably 30+ years...his wife is from here so that makes sense.

Anywho he's as good a Gopher fan as many a native...good for 2-3 games at TCF a season...follows the team close enough to have a football conversation...but of course roots for PU when it's us versus them. This is the same for his adult son who was raised here and too is a Boiler grad.

They'll be watching tomorrow night from the armchair on the big screen just like us...hoping for a Gophers win.

I'm not choosy about a fan's roots. I hope that his grandkids will go to the U and carry on from there.

In the meantime, yes it's frustrating but maybe this is the year it starts to turn. I know that my workmates wonder if I have any shirts, jackets, or coats that aren't Gophers apparel? They certainly know where my loyalties lie.
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Is that a gentler way of saying "husky"?
    Oh, never thought of that. Could be?
    I figured he heard the news I was potty trained.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

I got this:
    Face the Facts GH sucks head to GI.

Also Bleedgopher sucks.

Love you
    Then two more that said I suck. Mixed feelings.

Regarding the theme of this thread. During PJ's first year in 2017, my dad who at best is a casual Gopher fan, scoffed that while "at coffee" with his friends they joked about what clown PJ is. That was 2017.
    This year he has called me prior to each Gopher game to find out what channel they are on.

I suspect interest is growing for various other fans.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

It would help if the local media gave a $hit. PA in particular. Heís interested this weekend because JD Spielman is on the other team.

Iíd love it if they ever invited him on s Columbus radio show and completely exposed him.

It does not have to be mutually exclusive. Mike North in Chicago is no prince but he knows twice as much about the Bears as PA knows about the Vikings. He also knows more about Northwestern and Notre Dame than PA knows about the Vikings.