2019 NCAA Tournament Other Games Thread

Thinking the same thing at the same time.
LOL. There's a saying about great minds being accused of being alter egos on message boards, or something like that. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LOL. There's a saying about great minds being accused of being alter egos on message boards, or something like that. [emoji6]

If I didn't think you were such a putz...[emoji16]

I really wish Michigan would shoot 1-19 on 3s against us just once.

I really wish Michigan would shoot 1-19 on 3s against us just once.

Maybe they need to teach them how to shoot? No wait, they have a great coach so it must just be a slump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shocked by Michigan's inability to score tonight.
Not what I expected.

Bennett ball. What will the total score be if Virginia ever gets to play Texas Tech? First one to 20 wins?

It would be possible if we could ever play defense like that.

It was not just the defense. They were missing all the open shots and layups. You could say the defense changed their rhythm such that they were rushing things and couldn’t even make the open shots.

Jeez, watching the late games last night was like watching the MN State High School Tournament. I felt like I was watching two teams from the small classes play. Just painful

It was not just the defense. They were missing all the open shots and layups. You could say the defense changed their rhythm such that they were rushing things and couldn’t even make the open shots.

No doubt there were open shots missed but the vast majority were perfect TT close outs, contests and arms extended. The OREGON amoeba defense caused UVA huge problems shooting in the night cap. Who else can start 4 6'9 , athletic guys that can all guard 4 positions ! Amazing, and UVA survives a night of 30 % shooting by playing lockdown defense themselves. Wow, the kenpom numbers of offense and defense rule the sweet 16. Everybody left is really good at both. Tennessee was so weak on defense not only last night but one of the worst of the remaining. LSU is poor defensively too. If your an elite 8 team you have to be great at both.

That's what I get for going to the darkside. I picked Michigan in the final four in all my brackets.....actually winning it all in one.....

This year's Michigan is hard to figure out. They've been so good and so lame. In the BTT game against Michigan State, they were BOTH good and lame.

Michigan has lost 1, won 2, lost 1, won 2 etc for all their games going back to when they played Iowa in January. So that was an easy pick for me

Michigan was 3-22 from three in our 59-57 January loss in Ann Arbir, so apparently we did play defense like that, at least once.

We played great defense twice, good defense a half dozen others. But we never played defense like what Tech did last night ! That was a clinic in every aspect.

I'm always amazed at how many open seats there are, even at the Sweet 16. Most of the tickets are sold but people only come for one of the games for some reason. Why wouldn't you come early and watch the first game before your team plays? You spent so much on them, might as well get your money's worth.

I'm always amazed at how many open seats there are, even at the Sweet 16. Most of the tickets are sold but people only come for one of the games for some reason. Why wouldn't you come early and watch the first game before your team plays? You spent so much on them, might as well get your money's worth.

It's bandwagon jumpers and not basketball fans. Simple as that. Real fans of the game would be there for both games.

We see similar things at Big Ten Tournament from certain unnamed schools. Fans could care less about any other games but their own. In general, though, it's a crowd that authentically likes the game and will watch others.

In fairness to the empty seat crowd, some of those really low seats that we see on TV, especially in the corners, are not great seats, have poor sight lines, and can be obstructed by stantions, and the hoop. Better view ten or more rows up in a lot of the arenas.

I was in SoCal for the 2001 Sweet 16 which was in Anaheim. Tip off was 4:30 local time. Left the Beverly Center at 1:30 pm, thinking we'd have time to enjoy a beverage or a bite after the 50 mile drive. Pulled into the parking lot just in time for the 2nd half of game 1.

This Version of Michigan state will be very hard to beat

This North Carolina/Auburn game almost makes me miss Grayson Allen's shennanigans. [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Time for Carolina to go back to class after another demolition at the hands of an SEC team in the tournament. Ol' Roy decided to bench his best player with three minutes left in a twelve point game for some reason.

Nice start to the games this evening. For me, it will be complete if Kentucky, and especially Duke, get beat.

Auburn fans doing the stupid SEC chant. You won, not the conference you idiots.

Not an Auburn fan but North Carolina losing in any sport will forever make me happy after their academic shenanigans.

The Duke anus licking by the broadcast team is making me physically ill.

Top Bottom