Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

Gophers have offered Chet Holmgren. I like that they are offering early.

Weight room project

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Weight room project
    “Up then out...”
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Kid can play. Can shoot and will block some shots. Good feet and a good athlete. He does need to start drinking protein shakes 24/7.

A future Badger?

Dad a former Gopher might help him stay home.

Not quite as skinny as this guy....

Whoa, I was curious what he weighed and found out that he's 6'11, 185 lbs. He's got to get serious about making eating a full time job now if he wants to be physically ready to contribute when he gets to college. Forget the weights, he just needs to be in a caloric surplus to add some mass to his frame before he takes the time to start lifting. Lifting's great and all but it really isn't going to do him much good if he isn't eating the part to fuel any training he may start doing.

It sounds like he has some skills, but reality is that he has to add about 50-60 pounds in the next 3 years. Definitely has some work ahead of him!

I think his dad was 7’ and 195 when he signed his Gopher offer

Quote Originally Posted by GameDay View Post
    Whoa, I was curious what he weighed and found out that he's 6'11, 185 lbs. He's got to get serious about making eating a full time job now if he wants to be physically ready to contribute when he gets to college. Forget the weights, he just needs to be in a caloric surplus to add some mass to his frame before he takes the time to start lifting. Lifting's great and all but it really isn't going to do him much good if he isn't eating the part to fuel any training he may start doing.

It sounds like he has some skills, but reality is that he has to add about 50-60 pounds in the next 3 years. Definitely has some work ahead of him!
    He's only in 9th grade, plenty of time to add muscle and weight

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Respectfully he is already better than his dad.

Blog Entries

7'6" wing span …. WOW!!

There's no doubt he's going to need to add weight, but come on, he's what 15 years old? People are expecting him to add 50-60 pounds by the time he's 18?

It takes many NBA players of any position, especially big guys, till their mid-20s at least to mature physically.