***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

It's the sign of a great coach and a heady point guard when you come out of a timeout, with 20 seconds left, and you run a top of the key iso with your pg who happens to be a somewhat below-average ballhandler. Glad Mason made something happen there but that is really bad last-possession offense.
It's the sign of an annoying poster when something works and they still b*tch and whine about it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Will Lynch ever learn?

It's the sign of an annoying poster when something works and they still b*tch and whine about it.

just because it worked doesn't mean it was the right play. if it had not worked out, everybody would be lambasting pitino for being a crappy coach which he would deserve.

Trying to bleed the clock results in 3 bad possessions right when we can can't afford them.

just because it worked doesn't mean it was the right play. if it had not worked out, everybody would be lambasting pitino for being a crappy coach which he would deserve.

What play would you have called there?

Who else should've been handling the ball then? It was the right play and it worked.

Where is some real offense? It's all one on one ISO crap. How about a few cutters or something. It's just playground ball WTF. It's exasperating.

Disagree. We have microscopic junior coaches on this board tonight.

Curry needs to understand that just because he made a few 3's that it is not our go to play. Murphy big steal !

I'll take an isolation play that works over a drawn up play that doesn't. Watch the NBA or even a lot of college teams; when it comes down to it they go to an isolation play, especially when you can get them isolated on a mismatch. Which they did in this case.

Do we not have an actual play we can run?

Love it when we recreate the Tubby offense where we do nothing for 20 seconds and then dribble around and throw up a prayer....so effective.

It just feels that the longer the game goes on without Lynch...the less the likelihood of prevailing. He has to learn to stay in the game.

Do we not have an actual play we can run?

It's been the same play for the past 10 minutes: Nate goes one-on-one with the entire defense, everybody else stands around and then hopefully pick up an offensive rebound...or something.

What play would you have called there?

Who else should've been handling the ball then? It was the right play and it worked.

Disagree. We have microscopic junior coaches on this board tonight.

I'll take an isolation play that works over a drawn up play that doesn't. Watch the NBA or even a lot of college teams; when it comes down to it they go to an isolation play, especially when you can get them isolated on a mismatch. Which they did in this case.

Who says a drawn up play doesn't work? Run a screen and roll, get some off-ball movement, let your playmaker make a play instead of burying all the other 4 guys on the baseline and watching your point guard go 1 on 1. Perfectly illustrated at the end of OT when Mason can't even get a shot off. Make the defense defend everyone on the floor. That is the point. Mason has been pretty good tonight and no doubt you want the ball in his hands but I strongly feel that he is not a good enough player to make the 1 on 1 play getting a good look at the basket more consistently than running some good offense and making the defense guard everyone on the floor.

Top Bottom